What is Ald Vieyra doing to reopen the Chatham, and Division street Bridges?

Posted in the Bridgeview Forum

First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Tommy

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 9, 2010
Nothing.
Bart simpson

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 9, 2010
Tommy wrote:
Nothing.
it really looks bad, cathy, letti we need you on this already. Somebody call the press.
Maurice

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 10, 2010
We can expect Ald. Vieyra to do NOTHING since she has proved to be incompetent. She has done nothing to make sure the bridges were properly maintained. The blame for the closed bridges, is squarely on her. This is all her fault.
Fred4Mayor

United States

#4 Sep 10, 2010
Maurice wrote:
We can expect Ald. Vieyra to do NOTHING since she has proved to be incompetent. She has done nothing to make sure the bridges were properly maintained. The blame for the closed bridges, is squarely on her. This is all her fault.
You can also blame Don Peloquin too. But the real answer is Fred Bilotto. He can be a much better Mayor for Blue island. He has ideas, imagination & the skill to deal with this problem.
Bilife

United States

#5 Sep 10, 2010
Are u serious?
Fred4Mayor

United States

#6 Sep 10, 2010
Bilife wrote:
Are u serious?
Quit drinking Peloquin Kool-Aid. It's clouding your sight & mind.
Bart simpson

Chicago, IL

#7 Sep 10, 2010
Fred4Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit drinking Peloquin Kool-Aid. It's clouding your sight & mind.
its hater-aid.
Carol

AOL

#8 Sep 10, 2010
What did the mayor, the administration, and the city council do with the funds to maintain the bridges.
lost in the sauce

Chicago, IL

#9 Sep 10, 2010
Carol wrote:
What did the mayor, the administration, and the city council do with the funds to maintain the bridges.
hmmmm. lets see. create new jobs for their friends?
Milagrosa

Chicago, IL

#10 Sep 10, 2010
If there is a fire, or medical emergency and the first responders are not able to get there on time. Alderman Vieyra must be held accountable. The bridges are located in the second ward, and she has done NOTHING, to ensure the safety of the residents.
Carol

AOL

#11 Sep 10, 2010
The current administration's catastrophic plans for the closure of two bridges, a municipal police and fire district,$450 million dollar plasma arc gasification incinerator to burn 4,000 tons of municipal waste and used tires daily; delivered by garbage laden rail cars and garbage trucks every day traveling on Blue Island's deteriorating streets. The closing of the rec center.
Both bridges have been closed due to neglect and deterioration over for 25 years. Most of Blue Island's funds go into the general fund and are quickly distributed to "__________"

Does anyone need any more evidence that this is NOT what Blue Island residents deserve or want?

HOME RULE will NOT BENEFIT Blue Island Residents!
as EVIDENCED by ALL of the POOR CHOICES made by the present administration.

Early voting begins before election day and
Election day is in 54 days;
focus on the IMMEDIATE Big ISSUE and
LET YOUR BLUE ISLAND NEIGHBORS KNOW;
HOME RULE WAS QUICKLY PUT ON THE BALLOT
AT THE LAST MINUTE!
So They Can Also
Vote NO HOME RULE!
Bart simpson

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 12, 2010
Anything done yet?
Poncho

Chicago, IL

#13 Sep 13, 2010
Bart simpson wrote:
Anything done yet?
Hey wise ASS. Why don't you come to Blue Island and find out! It is not any fun, trying to get around here, trying to help the people when the bridges are closed down. Especially because Ald, Vieyra dropped the ball.
Bart simpson

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 13, 2010
Poncho wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey wise ASS. Why don't you come to Blue Island and find out! It is not any fun, trying to get around here, trying to help the people when the bridges are closed down. Especially because Ald, Vieyra dropped the ball.
i eat sleep and drink in blue island. I also work, so I do not have time to go to council meetings or committee meetings, it was a legitimate question. Maybe you did not understand it so I will ask again. Anything done yet?
Fred4Mayor

United States

#15 Sep 13, 2010
Bart simpson wrote:
<quoted text>i eat sleep and drink in blue island. I also work, so I do not have time to go to council meetings or committee meetings, it was a legitimate question. Maybe you did not understand it so I will ask again. Anything done yet?
No nothing..... and there will be nothing done. Ald, Vierya has her hands tied. What can she do? It's the Mayor who has this shut down. Ald Vierya can only hear & see what must be done. Now if Fred Bilotto is Mayor things will be done much differently. He will clean the whole, corrupt lot out of City Hall.
By his own admission even his father is part & parcel to what has happened to Blue Island. He is wiling to sacrifice his own father for the good of the community...even Carol has to admire that.
Gonzo

Chicago, IL

#16 Sep 13, 2010
You have it all wrong, Ald. Vierya knew years ago that the bridges needed to be repaired, and she silently stood by and did nothing. She, and her family is not directly affected so she seems not to care. A effective Alderman would be on top of the city finances, and make sure money was available. The residents of the second ward deserve more than a RUBBER STAMP. Ald. Vierya must be held accountable.
Lamo

Homer Glen, IL

#17 Sep 13, 2010
Bart simpson wrote:
<quoted text>i eat sleep and drink in blue island. I also work, so I do not have time to go to council meetings or committee meetings, it was a legitimate question. Maybe you did not understand it so I will ask again. Anything done yet?
You come on this entire site and post on all sorts of blogs about what should be done ECT ECT ECT and when you are called out you come up with yet another very lame excuse. All you are is a big blow hard. Come to the table with some legitimate solutions to your questions and maybe just maybe someone will take you serious. We are all busy and we all work that is no excuse not to be involved in your town. Posting on Topix does not count. If you are going to come on this site and shoot your mouth off at least be able to back it up.

I cannot wait to hear your very lame response to this post. By the way I do not live in Blue Island but have many friends and family that do so that takes your first smart azz response back to me away doesn't it.
Francisco

Hammond, IN

#18 Sep 13, 2010
Oh Yeah, Ald. Vierya is so concerned about Treasurer Billotto Treasurer report, but she never made sure there were funds available to maintain the bridges in a safe manner. What a Hypocrite.
fiftyone

United States

#19 Sep 13, 2010
Bart simpson wrote:

peloquin can give 2 shits.
a solution or even an idea to fix this and other long standing deteriorating infrastructure has NEVER been discussed at city hall.
ZERO PLANNING. that is why millions of fed money was wasted on new colored pavement.

i usually use the crapper in B.I. and my terds go into our canal. what a wonderful smell. cant smell it from peloquins PRIMARY residence. wherever outside of blue island that he sleeps, if he sleeps at all. he is far enuff away that he will not smell his burning garbage arc either.
Bart simpson

Chicago, IL

#20 Sep 13, 2010
Lamo wrote:
<quoted text>You come on this entire site and post on all sorts of blogs about what should be done ECT ECT ECT and when you are called out you come up with yet another very lame excuse. All you are is a big blow hard. Come to the table with some legitimate solutions to your questions and maybe just maybe someone will take you serious. We are all busy and we all work that is no excuse not to be involved in your town. Posting on Topix does not count. If you are going to come on this site and shoot your mouth off at least be able to back it up.
I cannot wait to hear your very lame response to this post. By the way I do not live in Blue Island but have many friends and family that do so that takes your first smart azz response back to me away doesn't it.
what, do you want me to fix the bridges? You got a lot of anger (a little misguided). I could care less where you or your family live, I would just like to be able to cross the river, and maybe have a little equity in my home. Peace in thee middle east.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bremen coach 14 min tommy 25
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 2 hr Geek Squad 153
"I'll make a note on that?" 6 hr Rebuild Blue Island 15
Bremen basketball 7 hr Yepper 2
Former Midlothian cop convicted striking man wi... 14 hr Todd 7
Midlothian-Crestwood Police on Springfield Ave 16 hr Springfield 2
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... 17 hr Wake up Chicago R... 25
Bridgeview Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bridgeview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bridgeview News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bridgeview

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:16 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:16PM