Hate Crime Trial Delayed Five Weeks

Hate Crime Trial Delayed Five Weeks

There are 7 comments on the Patch.com story from Feb 8, 2012, titled Hate Crime Trial Delayed Five Weeks. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Trial was again delayed for a pair of southwest suburban men accused of battering and robbing a woman due to scheduling conflicts at the courthouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

OJ S

Alsip, IL

#1 Feb 12, 2012
JUST RELEASE THEM. THEY DID'NT MEAN IT. MAKE NICE-NICE
WITH THEM.
HERE IS THE STORY-CHAZ

Alsip, IL

#2 Feb 12, 2012
Trial was again delayed for a pair of southwest suburban men accused of battering and robbing a woman due to scheduling conflicts at the courthouse.

Attorneys for Mohammed Shaban, 37, of Hickory Hills, and Akram Alshoweat, 25, of Oak Lawn, were slated to pick a jury on Wednesday, which also marked the beginning of a sexual assault trial in Judge Colleen Ann Hyland’s courtroom in Bridgeview.

Last month, Hyland warned both sides that Shaban's and Alshoweat's trial might be pushed back if the originally scheduled case wasn’t settled.

Shaban and Alshoweat were arrested for yelling anti-gay slurs in Arabic while punching, kicking and whipping a woman outside a Hickory Hills restaurant in 2010, police said.

Charges related to hate crime and robbery were filed around the time the men turned themselves in.

Whether or not the woman is actually a lesbian will have no weight in upcoming testimony, Hyland ruled last month. The burden of proof, then, will rest of whether the men believed she was during the fight.

Defense attorneys say the woman is a former Olympic Mixed Martial Arts fighter and will allege at trial that she was the aggressor.

The new trial date is March 19.
CHAZ BONO

Alsip, IL

#3 Feb 12, 2012
OLYMPIC MMAs GAL CAN'T TAKE 2 SEMI-DRUNK ARABS?
SOMETHING STINKS. SHE/HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET AWAY.
CHAZ BONO

Alsip, IL

#4 Feb 13, 2012
THIS LESBO/DYKE GIVES A BAD NAME TO PEOPLE LIKE ME.
I'D LIKE TO SIT ON HER AND TEACH HER A LESSON.
HOLA

Southport, NC

#7 Feb 14, 2012
i'm betting she isn't a lesbian. that said, they should find her and beat her a$$ again.
Lucifer

Alsip, IL

#8 Feb 14, 2012
WHILE AT IT THEY SHOULD TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THAT ASS AND SEE IF IT'S A FINE ASS.
Gest Apo

Alsip, IL

#11 Feb 22, 2012
WE NEED GESTAPO wrote:
YEAH, WE NEED A GESTAPO SS TO DEAL WITH CRIMINALLY VIOLENT REDNECKS & NI99AS ALONG WITH THE OCCUPY "USEFUL IDIOTS", TEENS WHO HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE AND ALL THE IRRESPONSIBLE FOOLS OUT THERE.
SOME SUPER WISDOM FROM BEN FRANKLIN. JEEZ, I WISH HE WERE HERE.
."WHEN THE PEOPLE FIND THAT THEY CAN VOTE THEMSELVES MONEY, THAT WILL HERALD THE END OF THE REPUBLIC."
"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
"SELL NOT...LIBERTY TO PURCHASE POWER."
"IN FREE GOVERNMENTS, THE RULERS ARE THE SERVANTS AND THE PEOPLE THEIR SUPERIORS AND SOVEREIGNS."
"ONLY VIRTUOUS PEOPLE ARE CAPABLE OF FREEDOM. AS NATIONS BECOME MORE CORRUPT AND VICIOUS, THEY HAVE MORE NEED OF MASTERS." .........
..........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm MASTER OBOMBO NEEDS TO READ THIS ONE, MAYBE ALL.
"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS. YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." HOW ABSOLUTELY TRUE. THE
WORTHLESS NON-WORKING, IRRESPONSIBLE CR AP PEOPLE THINK HAPPINESS IS A RIGHT. IT AIN'T!!!!!!!!!!
We need to make the lawless idiots..........understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edward Moody (Jul '12) 3 hr Is a loser 112
Sopko Screws Us Again 5 hr Marcos 7
Eagle Club Oak Forest 6 hr OF Person 4
Red Light Camera's in Crestwood 7 hr Lou pee size Cons... 10
Should Cresrtwood Have Their Own Strip Club (Jul '14) 7 hr so hoooneee 13
Beware 8 hr Concerned 1
Mike Madigan Ready To Insult Your Intelligence ... (Feb '13) 9 hr Change is needed 239
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeview Mortgages