Upset Vet

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

I wanted to let everyone know that the security and staff at Toyota Park knowingly violated the ADA last night when the refused entry to a wounded warrior because of his service dog. After confronting and harassing the veteran, they continued to berate him. In case you don't know, their improper actions are punishable by up to a $50,000 fine. Despite being informed of their illegal stance, they chose to continue their intimidation tactics on a wounded veteran and then continued their discriminatory agenda against other disabled veterans in the group. I challenge anyone from the park to try to justify their actions, and hope that everyone who reads this gives a second thought to attending events at Toyota Park.
retired

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

You are absolutely correct, this is a blatant violation. About 20 years ago a man with a non contagious skin condition was kicked out of a water park in Crestwood. The water park and the police department ended up as defendants in a civil lawsuit and settled the case for around 100,000 dollars. I imagine this one will cost even more money.
Former Bridgeview Citizen

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Bridgeview police violated a disabled veterans rights. I hope they get sued. It's about time the arrogant Bridgeview police are taught they can't mistreat people and get away with it. Our house was Burglarized while living in Bridgeview. I had to beg the cop to come to my house. It took him 30 minutes to even show up. I can't even tell you how pleasant it is to live in a town with a police force that do their jobs. I don't have to ever put up with Bridgeview police and their corruption. I am free at last.
Please check your facts

Burbank, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Former Bridgeview Citizen wrote:
Bridgeview police violated a disabled veterans rights. I hope they get sued. It's about time the arrogant Bridgeview police are taught they can't mistreat people and get away with it. Our house was Burglarized while living in Bridgeview. I had to beg the cop to come to my house. It took him 30 minutes to even show up. I can't even tell you how pleasant it is to live in a town with a police force that do their jobs. I don't have to ever put up with Bridgeview police and their corruption. I am free at last.
It was not Bridgeview Police that denied entry to the Wounded Warrior, but a private security contractor.
Blue Blood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

That's Monterey Security for ya...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bridgeview Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bridgeview People Search