Scanner Listener

Clarksburg, WV

#1 Dec 31, 2012
I have had scanners for years with no problem picking up Clarksburg Police Department. A couple weeks ago it quit working. Sometimes I can pick it up but just barely. Did they change something? I can listen to it fine by using an app on my computer or phone but just not my regular scanner. I have tried two different ones.
Joey D

Shinnston, WV

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Pretty sure all of Harrison County and pretty much the entire state's law enforcement has gone digital. Which means if you don't have a digital scanner you'll likely only pick up some EMS and VFD channels. I work for the Mon County 911 center and the entire county is digital. You're looking at at least $300 for a digital scanner.
Scanner Listener

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Dec 31, 2012
Joey D wrote:
Pretty sure all of Harrison County and pretty much the entire state's law enforcement has gone digital. Which means if you don't have a digital scanner you'll likely only pick up some EMS and VFD channels. I work for the Mon County 911 center and the entire county is digital. You're looking at at least $300 for a digital scanner.
That is what I was afraid of. I thought it was strange that I can hear them slightly sometimes so I was hoping something was just temporarily down. Thank you so much for answering.
Harry

United States

#4 Dec 31, 2012
That's a lot of money for a nibshit box
Bald

Buckhannon, WV

#5 Dec 31, 2012
Harry wrote:
That's a lot of money for a nibshit box
Hey some people don't drink and smoke and like to nibshit on everyone else that does
try this

Clarksburg, WV

#6 Jan 2, 2013
http://www.radioreference.com/ ... Pretty good for an online scanner
Scanner Listener

Clarksburg, WV

#7 Jan 2, 2013
try this wrote:
http://www.radioreference.com/ ... Pretty good for an online scanner
Thanks - that is what I use, but I have always liked the regular scanner so I can turn off the things I don't want to hear. That is a good site though. I use it a lot.
try this

Clarksburg, WV

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Scanner Listener wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks - that is what I use, but I have always liked the regular scanner so I can turn off the things I don't want to hear. That is a good site though. I use it a lot.
You're welcome. I've liked scanners also. But this works lol. Also, there's a media log. It's nice to check out .. http://184.11.126.202/medialog /.. its a list of what goes on.
Scanner Listener

Clarksburg, WV

#9 Jan 2, 2013
try this wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. I've liked scanners also. But this works lol. Also, there's a media log. It's nice to check out .. http://184.11.126.202/medialog /.. its a list of what goes on.
Yep, I look at it too! Hmmmm... maybe I AM nibby! haha
Herb Everstinks

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Jan 2, 2013
The Police Scanner Radio app available on Android gets the Clarksburg police. Try it.
Scanner Listener

Clarksburg, WV

#11 Jan 2, 2013
Herb Everstinks wrote:
The Police Scanner Radio app available on Android gets the Clarksburg police. Try it.
Thank you. All of the apps that I've found have everything from the whole county - Fire, EMS, etc.. I have always used the TuneIn app for scanner listening, but I just downloaded the one you suggested, and it has everything too. Guess I can't be choosy since they're free! That is what I liked about the regular scanner is being able to turn on only what I wanted to listen to, but the ability to turn on the others when I wanted to. Every app I've seen uses the Radio Reference stream.
Joey D

Shinnston, WV

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Scanner Listener wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. All of the apps that I've found have everything from the whole county - Fire, EMS, etc.. I have always used the TuneIn app for scanner listening, but I just downloaded the one you suggested, and it has everything too. Guess I can't be choosy since they're free! That is what I liked about the regular scanner is being able to turn on only what I wanted to listen to, but the ability to turn on the others when I wanted to. Every app I've seen uses the Radio Reference stream.
Give it time. When the digitals first came out they were over $500. Now you've seen some drop to less than $300. It won't be long until you'll be able to find one for about what you probably paid for the one you have now.
Scanner Listener

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Jan 2, 2013
Joey D wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it time. When the digitals first came out they were over $500. Now you've seen some drop to less than $300. It won't be long until you'll be able to find one for about what you probably paid for the one you have now.
Yes, that is what I figure, too. Now I just have to send back the analog one I got to replace the one that I thought was broken. I should have checked here first!
scanner 131

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Jan 8, 2013
does anyone know how to program the digital scanners
Scanner Listener

Clarksburg, WV

#15 Feb 3, 2013
Now that I have been listening to the radioreference.com site exclusively it seems to be down a lot. It's been down all weekend. Is that typical? I'm having scanner withdrawals here.
Scanner Listener

Clarksburg, WV

#16 Feb 3, 2013
scanner 131 wrote:
does anyone know how to program the digital scanners
No. I wish I had a digital one to learn though.
Joey D

Shinnston, WV

#17 Feb 3, 2013
Scanner Listener wrote:
Now that I have been listening to the radioreference.com site exclusively it seems to be down a lot. It's been down all weekend. Is that typical? I'm having scanner withdrawals here.
Radio Reference is a great site for frequencies and info on scanners but their live feeds are a joke. Especially if you want to follow just one particular agency. With RR you're pretty much stuck with having to follow the entire county feed, which can be pretty confusing.
Scanner Listener

Clarksburg, WV

#18 Feb 3, 2013
Joey D wrote:
<quoted text>
Radio Reference is a great site for frequencies and info on scanners but their live feeds are a joke. Especially if you want to follow just one particular agency. With RR you're pretty much stuck with having to follow the entire county feed, which can be pretty confusing.
I know. I really don't like that about it either but there aren't any other options right now. All the (scanner) apps come from this particular feed too so none of them are working. I prefer having a regular scanner so I can turn off what I don't want to hear too.
Des_Tiny

Morgantown, WV

#19 Feb 6, 2013
I have just been hearing the road crews talking when they are out plowing, lol.
Glen ELK at DARK

Scranton, PA

#20 Feb 8, 2013
yo u guys ever hear people whispering on thoes scanners one day i heard somebody saying im coming to get U, and i was like what and it said thats right"" I shit my self good thing Glenelk already smells like shit i just blended in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clarksburg Man Sentenced for Kidnapping Wife (Jul '11) 1 hr Die Juden 6
Drug house ordinance 3 hr Ten ten thread 11
Red's Angel's (Sep '10) 3 hr Ten ten thread 690
Mario Blount are there any slimier (Oct '14) 20 hr state bar 23
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri Alright Already 4,269
Singles? (Jul '12) Oct 16 Other beavis 7
Thomas Cueto gets 2 years in prison for receivi... (Jan '15) Oct 16 Sadbuttrue 3

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages