Nobody Got Nothing to Say?

Nobody Got Nothing to Say?

Posted in the Bridgeport Forum

Alex Weinstein

“Let's Get'em. Talladega Red 1.”

Since: Nov 12

Clarskburg, WV

#1 Dec 16, 2012
I've been waiting here for someone to post something so I can shoot it down with my Spitfire but nothing's gone up.

Anyone got something interestin' they want to talk about?

Alex

P.S. We gotta get more people in Clarksburg to use this board so we can by-pass the mainstream local media.
Jim Shorts

United States

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Alex Weinstein wrote:
I've been waiting here for someone to post something so I can shoot it down with my Spitfire but nothing's gone up.
Anyone got something interestin' they want to talk about?
Alex
P.S. We gotta get more people in Clarksburg to use this board so we can by-pass the mainstream local media.
Well, let my give you something to shoot down.

Clarksburg has always been a dump, full of big shot arrogant wannabees, idiots who hide behind their Italian heritage, big feeling dead weights and suck ups at the gas company, and has driven out every type of industry that set up there.

There, that should give you something to shoot down.

“Vroom Vroom”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Dec 16, 2012
"Bugger this for a game of soldiers."

Alex Weinstein

Clarskburg, WV

#4 Dec 16, 2012
"It's a Squadron Scramble Sir!"

(Runs out onto the grassy runway. Jumps into Spitfire. Is harnessed in. Takes off. Joins the big wing)

"Tallyho!" (dives into Nazi fighter squadron)

Well Mr. Shorts, the pun nearly escaping me (hoping someone might use their real name)... I must say that as someone who's lived in several countries and several states, I chose to live here. And while I might not find everyone to be the... most free thinking, I believe that your average Clarksburg'ian is a hell of a good person. If you do live in South Carolina, and feel that way about my hometown, may you remain there.

Alex Weinstein

P.S. Mr. BillyBob, I like your vroom.
Jim Shorts

United States

#5 Dec 17, 2012
Alex Weinstein wrote:
"It's a Squadron Scramble Sir!"
(Runs out onto the grassy runway. Jumps into Spitfire. Is harnessed in. Takes off. Joins the big wing)
"Tallyho!" (dives into Nazi fighter squadron)
Well Mr. Shorts, the pun nearly escaping me (hoping someone might use their real name)... I must say that as someone who's lived in several countries and several states, I chose to live here. And while I might not find everyone to be the... most free thinking, I believe that your average Clarksburg'ian is a hell of a good person. If you do live in South Carolina, and feel that way about my hometown, may you remain there.
Alex Weinstein
P.S. Mr. BillyBob, I like your vroom.
You asked for it and you got it!

Alex Weinstein

Clarskburg, WV

#6 Dec 17, 2012
LOL

Clarksburg, WV

#7 Jan 2, 2013
You want to run for congress and can't even type in proper english. Interesting. Topic name should be, Nobody has anything to say? Or No one has nothing to say. Not "Nobody Got Nothing to Say" Too funny.

Alex Weinstein

Clarskburg, WV

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Dear LOL,

I believe the English language is best used when it's shaped by the writer using it. Bent, so to speak. Not broken, but if you make little deliberate errors in your writing you keep people's attention. It's fresher. Like using the word "ain't". Ain't it got more zing to it baby?

So don't think about writing as your Middle School grammar class. That's why everyone hates writing. No freedom to be artistic with in a sentence.

Our greatest writers ALWAYS made up their own personal English language, which was readable by every American, but unique to them. Otherwise, you're just the same as evrun else.

Alex Weinstein

Clarskburg, WV

#9 Jan 2, 2013
George Orwell (Author of Animal Farm and 1984)

Never use a metaphor, simile or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print.

Never use a long word where a short one will do.

If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out.

Never use the passive where you can use the active.

Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.

But it's Orwell's sixth and final rule that deserves special attention: Break any of these rules sooner than say anything outright barbarous.

It's this last point (one that never appeared in The King's English, by the way) that signals Orwell's deeper understanding of the power and the limits of language and prescriptions. "A writer," he once said, "can do very little with words in their primary meanings. He gets his effect if at all by using words in a tricky roundabout way."

(REFERENCE: http://grammar.about.com/od/writersonwriting/... )
Willie B Hardigan

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Jan 2, 2013
You are criticizing the use of the colloquialism "ain't" in a thread entitled "Nobody got nothing to say"? Forget the double negative which in English makes this topic mean that everyone has something to say, the noun doesn't agree with the verb. It's "Nobody has..." not "Nobody got...". West Virginia schools offer a perfectly adequate free education. Clearly someone didn't pay attention. I'm all for "No Child Left Behind" but someone got out of English class without mastering the work.

Alex Weinstein

Clarskburg, WV

#11 Jan 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Hardigan,

Thanks you VERY much for using your real name. If more people did this become a very reputable place for news and discussion.

And DUH! I called it "Nobody Got Nothing To Say" EXACTLY because I'm trying to encourage EVERYONE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY. So thanks for picking up on that.
Beavis

Clarksburg, WV

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Alex Weinstein wrote:
Dear Mr. Hardigan,
Thanks you VERY much for using your real name. If more people did this become a very reputable place for news and discussion.
And DUH! I called it "Nobody Got Nothing To Say" EXACTLY because I'm trying to encourage EVERYONE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY. So thanks for picking up on that.
Yeah, let's all thank "Willie B. Hardigan" for using his real name.

Alex Weinstein

Clarskburg, WV

#13 Jan 2, 2013
LOL. Jesus I AM gullible. I keep hoping people will treat this website like a serious discussion forum where people back up there opinions but, obviously that's a pipe dream. Alas.
Howie Feltersnatch

Westerville, OH

#14 Jan 12, 2013
Alex, don't feel bad. It's a mistake anyone could make. For a long time I thought Beaver West Virginia contained nothing but women. I was disappointed after driving all the way down there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fine curly haired ruby Tuesday waitress maybe b... 11 min PayupSucka 10
Zach Jones 41 min NotWhouthought 7
Councilman’s girlfriend gets fat salary 44 min Geico 40
Tiffney johnson 1 hr PureGenius 82
matt davis- thief (Jul '13) 2 hr Unnamed Source 51
Autumn Hawkins 3 hr Dirlewanger 20
Matthew Boone sentenced to 46 months in prison 3 hr Dirlewanger 3

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance