Inmates fight fading 'pre-parole' system

May 28, 2007 Full story: The Dallas Morning News 8

“If you've been denied mandatory supervision four times, then those offenders may become more frustrated”

If you have to be behind bars, the "pre-parole transfer unit" here is about as good as it gets. via The Dallas Morning News

Full Story
Here is a thought

Park Ridge, IL

#1 May 29, 2007
Dont commit a crime and it wont be an issue.. If you don't like being locked up.... then don't steal, rob and plunder.. you would have your freedom to pay taxes to support criminals and pay so they can have air conditioning while we can not afford it.
Jack E Reeves

South Jordan, UT

#2 May 29, 2007
Since when do we fabricate our prisons to the comfort and benefit of the "felons?" Has some thing changed about sentences regarding people aho refuse to adhere to the laws and morals of anti-social people? Devils Island was the only adequate prison farm!
S Sanders--Oregon

Auburn Hills, MI

#4 May 29, 2007
Clearly neither of the previous posters has ever had a loved-one incarcerated. It may be difficult to understand, but a parent who tried like heck to teach their child properly only to have that child become an inmate, would probably find your harshness quite ignorant. I personally would rather pay for inmates to be treated with basic humaneness (a.c. when it's over 80 degrees out, etc.) than to continually pay out taxes for welfare moochers who refuse to work because we've made it so easy not to.
American

United States

#5 May 30, 2007
Not me...they are in there to be punished, I don't want to donate a dime to help them be comfortable. If your kid's in prison, he deserves to be. Especially with todays lax sentencing, unles he's committed murder, he probably had 20 arrests before he was sent away.
Sunshine

Duncanville, TX

#6 May 30, 2007
I have no family in jail or prison thank God. But I do believe that some people that are locked up do not need to be. If someone is hurting themselves by using drugs and has been in and out of prison for it is obvious prison is not working and wasting our tax dollars. Why not get them the help they need the first time? Like drug rehab???? People that murder, rob and rape other people and especially child molesters and anyone who would harm a child deserves what they get. A child molester should be casterated on the first offense. on the second they should die no more wasting tax dollars on worthless pieces of crap. If sentenced to DEATH it should happen within a month no waiting 10 years. I never understood why in Texas someone gets the death penalty for killing a child under the age of 6 what about the other children 7yrs-12yrs why dont they count???? A child is a child. If you are not old enough to buy alcohol, smokes or serve in the military you are a CHILD. Why the age 6 or under? hmmm just hoping someone can answer that for me.

RBL

“THE ABSOLUTE RIGHTS AND WRONGS”

Since: May 07

Chicago

#7 Jun 9, 2007
Well, seeing as how the inmates run the institution, they probably want to stay there. Right? There's got to be some really big attraction in that joint. hhhmmmmm. The food? Three squares and a cot, as they use to say. Dope? could be 100% pure horse. Whatever, it's gotta be good.

Oh, and Sunshine, I'll bet you cheat on you taxes.
cmm

Conway, AR

#8 Jun 10, 2007
If you go off and kill everybody on the second offense you won't be saving tax dollars at all. In return of killing the second time offenders you will be putting their children on welfare until they turn 18 or they are completed with school. Where do you think the survival benefits come? YOUR TAXES

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#9 Aug 19, 2007
it is a shame that this country thinks that jail/prison is the best answer for everything.......what about introducing them to the LORD and let him change their lives........should be mandatory in jail/prisons dont you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nudist Colny (Jul '11) Feb 21 Cheri Donna Alexa... 6
Parker County Teacher Accused Of Having Sex Wit... (Aug '08) Feb 21 Donrich 15
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Farts 614
Irving boy is Mutton Bustin' champa by a mile Jan '15 Larry Jackson 1
Local Gas Stations Are Gouging Us Dec '14 Fed Up 1
Missing girl met men online 12:01 PM CDT (May '07) Nov '14 Update 9

Bridgeport News Video

Bridgeport Dating
Find my Match