Replacement bridge nears completion

Replacement bridge nears completion

There are 26 comments on the The Daily Sentinel story from Oct 10, 2007, titled Replacement bridge nears completion. In it, The Daily Sentinel reports that:

The 8th Street Overpass in Bridgeport is nearing completion, according to Johnny Harris, Alabama Department of Transportation Division One engineer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GIT-R-DONE

Richmond, KY

#21 Nov 30, 2007
That is good. Hire a lawyer and subpoena the records and also get the records from city hall too!
JWL IS A JOKE

Cleveland, TN

#22 Dec 5, 2007
slander? haha...what the hell do you think you are doing "pray for change?" Didn't you say bad things yourself? I'd pay 1000.00 for JWL to confess writting all this, oh wait..he doesn't have to because we all know!
Alabama Southern Belle

Stone Mountain, GA

#23 Feb 21, 2008
As I read the blogs about Bridgeport and the political machine there, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I want to laugh at the silliness and cry because my hometown is going to pot over pettiness and the residents inability to put aside their differences. This is why most former residents travel to Bridgeport only to visit family and leave as soon as possible.

The residents are becoming more intolerant of others and their differences. The divisiveness is evident. Who cares about what families had money or who had generations of family in the town? Most of us have generations of family who grew up in Bridgeport. The families with a lot of money aren't necessarily the ones who produced great progeny. There are many families who weren't rich in material items but who emphasized having a good name, keeping their word and education.

Action speaks louder than words...Volunteer in the community...Assist the elderly...show the youth what comes with getting a good education and staying away from negative behavior...start with your families.
citizen of bridgeport

Mcminnville, TN

#24 Feb 21, 2008
What do you care, You don't live here.
Alabama Southern Belle

Stone Mountain, GA

#25 Feb 21, 2008
COB, actually, I do care and care quite a bit. Many of my family members still live in Chattanooga, Bridgeport, Stevenson, Scottsboro and Huntsville.

It is good to be among those who care about our hometown of Bridgeport.

COB, your negative comment doesn't scare me. The generations of my family before me endured much more...Slavery, The Trail of Tears, Jim Crow, White only restrooms...
Burying It

Benton, TN

#26 Aug 27, 2008
Finally!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
help rescue abandoned cats an kittens Jul 22 Sandysk 1
Bart King (Oct '09) May '17 Knack 7
roy roberts murder may 2015 Apr '17 wallygator 1
News He dared to help students (May '09) Mar '17 misalovesdakota 3
News Arlington Police Make Arrests Today In The Murd... (Apr '07) Dec '16 Joslin 24
EVANGELICALS! The end is NIGH! Fight for Jesus ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 yourSTUFFisMINE 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Craig Estes as ? (Aug '16) Aug '16 just me 2

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages