Replacement bridge nears completion

Full story: The Daily Sentinel

The 8th Street Overpass in Bridgeport is nearing completion, according to Johnny Harris, Alabama Department of Transportation Division One engineer.
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2007

Bubba and Jimmy Hughes got this bridge built for Bridgeport. It just woudn't have happened if it was not for them. people need to know the truth. I thnk Jimmy would be a good mayor for bridgeport. he comes from a long honest family who has made Bridgeport what it is today.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2007

Yeah ... what are you smoking girl?
antibubba

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2007

Mark wrote:
Yeah ... what are you smoking girl?
She's smoking some of that stuff her husband sales on the side!!!
antibubba

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

Tina wrote:
Bubba and Jimmy Hughes got this bridge built for Bridgeport. It just woudn't have happened if it was not for them. people need to know the truth. I thnk Jimmy would be a good mayor for bridgeport. he comes from a long honest family who has made Bridgeport what it is today.
Truth???? I think you need to know the truth before you can write about it. Bubba and Jim Hughes had absolutely NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to do with the new overpass construction and how dare they or you say that they did!!! Of course what do you expect from a mayor want-to-be and his wife!!!!

Both Bubba and Jim have stood in the way of any progress in Bridgeport unless there is a big fat contract with lots of money in it for Mr. Hughes.

You know that the current mayor, the governor and the railroad are the reason for the new bridge. God bless them all for getting it here so that us on the southside can finally get across the tracks without having to drive out of our way to get to the northside of town.

Bubba needs to stick to mowing grass and leave politics to those who know how to run a government. And as for Jim Hughes, his family was honest, but that is one asset that failed to pass down the family line.

theantibubba
Crookport, Alabama, formerly known as Bridgeport.
bridgeport land owner

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

to the antibubba you rock dude ! thanks for having the balls to tell the truth .
Boreadsthis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2007

Jim Hughes is the smartest person man in Bridgeport. He knows Presidents, Senators, Congressmen and women, Govereors and politicians all over the world. The smartest thing all of you people in Bridgeport could do is elect Bubba the mayor and let Jim Hughes guide him through his job. You will see a new hospital built if you elect Bubba, and maybe a bridge across the river where the ferry used to be. Don't be stupid, the present mayor didn't do anything. Bubba and Jium Hughes got the 8th street bridge.
Uncle Bo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2007

I just found this on here and that is why i wrote about my nephew Jim Hughes. He is a honest man, just like me. I have done a lot for Bridgeport and the people here. I have been a member of the Curch of Christ for over 60 years. I saved my hard earned money and bought a Condo in Florida. I live in both places. If it hadn't been for me, a lot of people would have went hungry. Because of me many of you have went to College. I have taught Jim all of the high ideals I have and the honesty. This is why I know what he has done. Jim is a genius and all of you people in Bridgeport ought to thank the lord every day Jim is here, because he works for all of you and tells Bubba how to get things done. Bo
WOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Please don't believe that Uncle Bo is for real. He isn't...gosh knows who wrote that! Bridgeport Resident
citizen of bridgeport

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Tina wrote:
Jimmy Huughes does not even live in Bridgeport and we sure don't need another Mayor with a felony
citizen of bridgeport

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Uncle Bo wrote:
I just found this on here and that is why i wrote about my nephew Jim Hughes. He is a honest man, just like me. I have done a lot for Bridgeport and the people here. I have been a member of the Curch of Christ for over 60 years. I saved my hard earned money and bought a Condo in Florida. I live in both places. If it hadn't been for me, a lot of people would have went hungry. Because of me many of you have went to College. I have taught Jim all of the high ideals I have and the honesty. This is why I know what he has done. Jim is a genius and all of you people in Bridgeport ought to thank the lord every day Jim is here, because he works for all of you and tells Bubba how to get things done. Bo
To uncle Bo, everyone in Bridgeport knows about the credit cards that were stolen, was that you or Jimmy or both. So i guess he is honest, honest enough to steal credit cards and that is what Jimmy got the felony for. So i guess you did teach him well.
Uncle Bo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

CitizenofBridgeport wrote
"To uncle Bo, everyone in Bridgeport knows about the credit cards that were stolen, was that you or Jimmy or both. So i guess he is honest, honest enough to steal credit cards and that is what Jimmy got the felony for. So i guess you did teach him well."

I am Jimmy Hughes uncle okay, and I was chairman of Bridgeprot Utilities for years. I hired my nephew Jimmy. hes my sisters boy and I hired him in as the manager. He is the smartest person in Bridgeport and knows everybody in State and Federal Govt. All of the people who don't fear him respects him. He gets a Vacation a month. How many of you get a paid vacation every month? He works when it wants to work. He just picked up the phone and called Montgomery and said me and Bubba wants a new bridge across the railroad and it was done. How many of you people have that kind of pull? You don't step on him or make him mad at you either, he will get you. Jimmy never stoll any credit cards neither. The woman told him to take them and use them and pay her back when he could. He was playing football for Alabama when that all happened. People just wanted to railroad him. He never was convicted on any crime neither. That is a bold faced lie.
GIT-R-DONE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Uncle Bo wrote:
The only thing I know that Bo did was suck the Water Board dry and those old poor guys worked at Jacobs.
GIT-R-DONE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Tina wrote:
John Lewis had the bridge closed and then blamed it on Dennis Lambert. Now the bridge is built back JWL has took over the bridge so the railroad will NOT have to keep it up. The City of Bridgeport will have to keep it up from now on. How much do you think JWL got out of that deal????
Heart of Bridgeport

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Tina wrote:
Jimmy doesn't care about anyone in this town. What is he going to profit from this? There must be something.
citizen of bridgeport

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Uncle Bo wrote:
CitizenofBridgeport wrote
"To uncle Bo, everyone in Bridgeport knows about the credit cards that were stolen, was that you or Jimmy or both. So i guess he is honest, honest enough to steal credit cards and that is what Jimmy got the felony for. So i guess you did teach him well."
I am Jimmy Hughes uncle okay, and I was chairman of Bridgeprot Utilities for years. I hired my nephew Jimmy. hes my sisters boy and I hired him in as the manager. He is the smartest person in Bridgeport and knows everybody in State and Federal Govt. All of the people who don't fear him respects him. He gets a Vacation a month. How many of you get a paid vacation every month? He works when it wants to work. He just picked up the phone and called Montgomery and said me and Bubba wants a new bridge across the railroad and it was done. How many of you people have that kind of pull? You don't step on him or make him mad at you either, he will get you. Jimmy never stoll any credit cards neither. The woman told him to take them and use them and pay her back when he could. He was playing football for Alabama when that all happened. People just wanted to railroad him. He never was convicted on any crime neither. That is a bold faced lie.
If he didn't steal the credit cards and a boat motor why does he have a felony record? If you are such a good christian person as you claim to be then why are you lying?
JWL is a joke

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Wonder how much JWLis paying the new city clerk....didn't he pay the other one 88 thousand a year, cashed in herv sick leave,he dsigned the checks. Has anyone heard of a clerk in Alabama making that much? Nobody even knew about it til the auditor told the city council! Wonder who else is making that kinda money? Wonder if the new city clerk is?! Her and John William are pretty close. He went all the way to Lankston Alabama to get her.Rumor is that he's firing Charlie Bunch for buying a new police car and hiring the new clerks husband in a police chief. That will be 2 family members from Lankston Alabama with the 2 highest paying jobs in our city!WHAT A MAYOR!
not sure who 2 trust

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

that doris vaught needs to be fired she doesn't do her job, will not even write out a warrant when one is needed. her hubby wants 22 dollars an hour to be chief, they can't even pay the way less hourly paid employees that have been there for years and auctually need a paycheck and deserve more pay. also she's trying to hire a third person in to help her do her job. there's more money to payroll.i hope bubba fires her a$$ when he gets mayor. mr vaught runs after other women so i hear, wow he'd make a great chief , just what b'port needs.....NOT
GIT-R-DONE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

That is what JWL is going to do. Get all these A@@HOLES on the city pay roll and then when the new mayor fires them they will have a law suit on the city. John Lewis is doing everything in his power to drag down Bridgeport and keep the city broke.
FACTS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

You peole sure know a lot of facts on people not to know diddly.You hide and tell crap on others but you can't hide from God.You need to grow up and try to help Bridgeport.All you are doing is making Bridgeport look bad.Bridgeport is a nice place to live.You tell a lot of FACTS on people that if thay were true, everyone already knows about it.At least they are willing to run for office and put themselves in the line of fire of your so-called FACTS.What we all need to do is to PRAY to GOD for guidance.I'm not afraid to tell you who I am.I'm Joe Stovall.UNITED WE STAND,DIVIDED WE FALL.There was only one perfect man and man CRUCIFED him.So please don't throw rocks at a glass house.
pray for change

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

This board is getting on the borderline of slander. You people need to know that for about $1000.00 you can hire a lawyer and subpoena the records and find out who wrote the post. Just a warning.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Wise County was issued at July 24 at 3:37PM CDT

•••
•••

Bridgeport News Video

•••
•••

Bridgeport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••