State grant may soon provide solution...

State grant may soon provide solutions for North Texas city wit...

There are 2 comments on the Examiner.com story from Feb 15, 2010, titled State grant may soon provide solutions for North Texas city wit.... In it, Examiner.com reports that:

A historical small town in North Texas recently discovered as having too much Uranium in the water may soon receive modern-day infrastructure improvements thanks to a couple of grants totaling nearly $400,000 from the Texas Community Development Block Grant Program, according to Judson Clark, Chico Mayor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

fireman1409

United States

#1 Mar 21, 2010
The last test results we recived from the Lab showed very littla uranium in the water , far below the MCL ( Maximum Contaminant Level ) set by State and Fedral Regulations , I myself have drank Chico water out of the tap when I am at work , for many years and I certainly do not Glow in the dark , nor do I have ant other psysical problems that would propt me to evr stop drinking Chico Water.
As you can see it works well putting out fires too.
Support your local Fire Departments Especially the Volenteer Dept. The funding goes to hep upkeep and maintain out Eguiptment and sometimes sends a firefighter to a specialized traning program to assure we all are up to date on any new Hazards or Saftey Issues Thanks CCVFD
mama

Haslet, TX

#2 Apr 4, 2013
I think the water may have to do with a lot more than some people think. So much cancer and birth defects in chico. For a very small town there are a lot of people with a lot of issues and one definate commonality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal Richard Dec '17 Whesel 3
Ex ppolice chief Barry roberts Oct '17 Poopylou 1
help rescue abandoned cats an kittens (Jul '17) Jul '17 Sandysk 1
Bart King (Oct '09) May '17 Knack 7
roy roberts murder may 2015 (Apr '17) Apr '17 wallygator 1
News He dared to help students (May '09) Mar '17 misalovesdakota 3
News Arlington Police Make Arrests Today In The Murd... (Apr '07) Dec '16 Joslin 24

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages