5-time DWI sentenced

5-time DWI sentenced

There are 24 comments on the Weatherford Democrat story from Dec 24, 2008, titled 5-time DWI sentenced. In it, Weatherford Democrat reports that:

A five-time drunken driver with a blood alcohol concentration more than three times the legal limit was sentenced to eight years in prison by a Parker County judge in a trial held this week in Weatherford.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Weatherford Democrat.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Melissa, TX

#21 May 16, 2013
Certainly alcoholics need help with their addiction.
But instead of jailing these humans who are caught in the grips of alcoholic helplessness. how about
an ankle bracelet with monitoring and a treatment program which most
addicts need, is a humane way for imperfect people, which include all of us.
These uncaring Republicans in Office that are only concerned with their greed and monetary gain, are soon going to be exposed.
Democrats are going to finally hang out their Crap Rags, for the people to see. How do ya like that?
It's goin to stink !
They have dumped on the poor and middle class, and the weakest, days are numbered.

Haslet, TX

#22 May 16, 2013
Yea, sort of like Obama's crooked IRS and crooked Justice dept, Chicago thugs

Fort Worth, TX

#23 May 18, 2013
joe bob wrote:
All the comments on here are freakin rediculious! This is exactly why this country is so srewed up. Let me educate you all a little bit about dwi's. The VAST majority of dwi's are really no big deal. Most of the time you are being arrested for something you "might" have done, or "could have" done. NOT FOR ANYTHING you actually did, if you get a dwi.
Where is the justice in that? I mean why should someone who gets pulled over for a miner traffic violation like going 6 miles over the speed limit have to do 99 years in prison? It happens all the time.
I've met individuals who were in exactly that situation. They get pulled over for miner speeding infraction. They admit to having a few beers. after arrest the blood alcohol limit is barely over the limit. They have a couple felony dwi's already so they offer them 40 years.
They say to hell with that and take it to trial. The jury gives them 99 years. 6 miles over the speed limit and they get 99 years.
Yet some man or woman who is three times the legal limit seriously hurts, or kills someone the first time she gets a dwi and they get probation or only a couple years in jail.
MADD is a horrible organization. The founder got a dui so why isn't she behind bars for the rest of her life as an example?
How old are you? Are you stupid? Either you are immature or stupid which is why I'm asking.

United States

#24 May 19, 2013
However if you have money like Jerry Durant those DWI dont go anywhere . Swept under the rug! Kinda like his batshit crazy son trying to kill a bunch of cops

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal Richard Dec '17 Whesel 3
Ex ppolice chief Barry roberts Oct '17 Poopylou 1
help rescue abandoned cats an kittens (Jul '17) Jul '17 Sandysk 1
Bart King (Oct '09) May '17 Knack 7
roy roberts murder may 2015 (Apr '17) Apr '17 wallygator 1
News He dared to help students (May '09) Mar '17 misalovesdakota 3
News Arlington Police Make Arrests Today In The Murd... (Apr '07) Dec '16 Joslin 24

Bridgeport Jobs

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages