Vandals leave swastikas and obscene g...

Vandals leave swastikas and obscene graffiti all over small Ohio town | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 48 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 11, 2011, titled Vandals leave swastikas and obscene graffiti all over small Ohio town | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Vandals have blitzed a small suburban town in eastern Ohio with offensive graffiti, including swastikas and obscene language.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
broken things

Blacklick, OH

#1 Apr 11, 2011
Be sure to question the town's Hindu and Navajo Indian population about the swastikas.
JokB

Winter Haven, FL

#2 Apr 11, 2011
This is totally unacceptable. In this day and age to have this happen is reprehensible. When they are caught should be made aware that the Swastika destroyed lives. They have to be so ignorant that they don't even know the me4748aning of what they have done.
Smith

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 11, 2011
Dear Dispatch,
While itís nice to see you care perhaps you could do a story about our Local and current graffiti problem that is Plaguing our homes and store front's daily instead of a onetime incident in a small town.
broken things

Blacklick, OH

#4 Apr 11, 2011
JokB wrote:
This is totally unacceptable. In this day and age to have this happen is reprehensible. When they are caught should be made aware that the Swastika destroyed lives. They have to be so ignorant that they don't even know the me4748aning of what they have done.
Is the "o" in your name a long "o" like in joke? The swastika has been found in artifacts dating from 4,000 BC and earlier. It was/is used as a religious symbol and in numerous buildings as decoration world-wide including right here in the US.
really

Springfield, OH

#6 Apr 11, 2011
Broken Things, I'm sure this graffiti was done with ancient history in mind. Wake up
No quarter for fools

Medina, OH

#7 Apr 11, 2011
broken things wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the "o" in your name a long "o" like in joke? The swastika has been found in artifacts dating from 4,000 BC and earlier. It was/is used as a religious symbol and in numerous buildings as decoration world-wide including right here in the US.
With any luck the next "broken thing" will be your neck.
Bug Dust

United States

#9 Apr 11, 2011
Hopeless wrote:
Because kids in Bridgeport have such a bright future ahead of them. Probably all the adults with any gumption left long ago for blue collar jobs in Texas or white collar jobs in Columbus. So the people left in southern Ohio are self selected for low ambition, indifferent parenting and drug addiction.
Hopeless, Hopeless, Hopeless, As Maverick would say, You make me tired all over.... The altitude from the soapbox must have really got to you, idiot,,,Bridgeport is NOT in Southern Ohio. Dumb City Boy....
i wish

Newell, PA

#10 Apr 11, 2011
Hopeless wrote:
Because kids in Bridgeport have such a bright future ahead of them. Probably all the adults with any gumption left long ago for blue collar jobs in Texas or white collar jobs in Columbus. So the people left in southern Ohio are self selected for low ambition, indifferent parenting and drug addiction.
I don't know if you are being funny or you really believe this. Just today in Columbus area--12 hurt in 5 shootings. If not for Columbus their would probably be no drugs in Bridgeport. Furthermore, stop using the word gumption as that is a southern Ohio word. Describing Columbus as such a refined place is laughable.
i wish

Newell, PA

#11 Apr 11, 2011
Do not start flogging. there
Do Tell

Westerville, OH

#12 Apr 11, 2011
Too much Bud Light
American Joe

Dublin, OH

#14 Apr 11, 2011
We had this problem in Riverside Green ( and hope it doesn't come back) with the anti-semitic , and other nasty graffiti. I chased kids out of park who admitted to doing it then painted over it and then they did it again.

So i finally watched what home they went to after they left the park.

Took some pictures of the damage and sent it along with a note
to the home. It took care of the problem at least for now!

Time to get proactive with these punks and the out of control government!
Paul Not Paublo

Bowling Green, OH

#15 Apr 11, 2011
When I have been in Bridgeport, I have always found friendly people. It is a shame that probably only a few were the cause of this story. To bad we have some who consider it fly over country while they they live in Columbus WOW. You have to undrestand people live where they want to for many different reasons. Many put family first. When I tell people I moved here from Santa FE, NM, they ask why. When I moved to NM from Ca they asked why. I suspect most of the people live in Bridgeport because they want to. I did not read about 9 or 10 people getting shot there each night over the week end. Can not say that about Columbus.
American Joe

Dublin, OH

#16 Apr 11, 2011
What happened to all these high benefited civil servants that are supposed to protect us?

Oh they are busy with shootings at low life bars, shootings between family members, handing out fines to businesses for allowing smoking, and giving tickets to people they can milk money out of!
Paul Not Paublo

Bowling Green, OH

#18 Apr 11, 2011
I was just thinking would it be a great thing if Columbus had so little crime that it made news for a few cases of graffiti?
Well

Columbus, OH

#19 Apr 11, 2011
Paul Not Paublo wrote:
When I have been in Bridgeport, I have always found friendly people. It is a shame that probably only a few were the cause of this story. To bad we have some who consider it fly over country while they they live in Columbus WOW. You have to undrestand people live where they want to for many different reasons. Many put family first. When I tell people I moved here from Santa FE, NM, they ask why. When I moved to NM from Ca they asked why. I suspect most of the people live in Bridgeport because they want to. I did not read about 9 or 10 people getting shot there each night over the week end. Can not say that about Columbus.
True enough. I left a much larger, far more "hip" city for Columbus because I grew up and realized that my family is more important than urban romance and an active night life. Bridgeport is a very nice town and I'm sorry they've been the target of so much contempt over an isolated incident.
Logic

Columbus, OH

#20 Apr 11, 2011
Teenagers. Guarantee it. They most likely are learning about the Holocaust in school. Figured damaging property with obscenities and Swastikas would draw attention and they could giggle behind their little hands about creating a rukus.

Punk teenagers or pre-teens with nothing better to do.

Moving on........
Thugs

Columbus, OH

#22 Apr 11, 2011
This time the union thugs have gone too far. AFSCME and SEIU's Monica Moran need to be put on a short lease!
17teen

Catawba, OH

#23 Apr 11, 2011
what does the union have to do with grafiti? btw teenagers did this but not every one of us is bad.
george

Columbus, OH

#24 Apr 11, 2011
broken things wrote:
Be sure to question the town's Hindu and Navajo Indian population about the swastikas.
I am pretty sure you are wrong here...Most of the hindus do not exhibit their religion in public places unlike Christians (wearing cross or going to people's apartments to convert them to christianity) or Muslims (veils etc.)...Forget about spraying swastikas in public places

Since: Nov 09

Reynoldsburg, OH

#25 Apr 11, 2011
All racist should be casterated so there is no chance of them breeding further hatred into the world ..... and you cant spray paint with no hands .... lop 'em off !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) Apr 29 Musikologist 23
shasta Charlton Apr '17 sick of thieves 1
News Jeri Boston (May '16) Dec '16 JohnQ 2
Joele Bumgardner (Nov '16) Nov '16 TheRigid 1
woman if you've met any pipeliners! (Apr '13) Nov '16 G____el 9
The Mafia (May '16) Nov '16 G____el 2
Nud (Nov '14) Apr '15 t8rsalad 4

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance