Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jun 21, 2011
JOE

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 17, 2009
 
Damn...Thats some serious drinking.Hope they find the horse
alan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 17, 2009
 
post the story. i have to read this. lol
joe

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 21, 2009
 
Bridgeport, Ill.-
A Mount Carmel man was injured Sunday evening when his horse was struck by an intoxicated driver.

According to an accident report from Lawrence County Sheriff's Department (LCSD), Donald W. Bousley, 43, of Bridgeport, was travelling north on County Road 550 East in Bridgeport Township when he struck a horse with his 1999 Chevrolet Blazer, causing equestrian Nick R. McQueen, 50, Mount Carmel, to fall from the animal.

Following the accident, Bousley and McQueen engaged in an altercation, which was later stopped by sheriff's deputies.

According to the report, Bousley was intoxicated at the time of the accident.

Lawrence County Ambulance Service was called to the scene. McQueen refused medical treatment but was later transported to Lawrence County Memorial Hospital. He was then transported via Life Flight to Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.

According to LCSD Chief Deputy Trent Masterson, McQueen suffered a "partially collapsed lung," following the accident.

As of 10:30 a.m. Monday, the horse's whereabouts were unknown.

"The horse ran from the scene after the accident," Masterson said. "As far as I know, it has not been located yet."

Bousley was arrested and charged with aggravated DUI and aggravated battery. He is being held at Lawrence County Jail, pending a court appearance.

(Daily Record)



Loading commenting interface...
Comments (0)
Thank you for the abuse report. We will review the report and take appropriate action.
Loading comments...

Login or register to post a comment:
alan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 21, 2009
 
well let us know what happens to the horse. lol
Leslie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 21, 2009
 
We found the horse at 9am Wednesday morning and to our amazement she only had a couple of cuts and a swollen left hind quarter. We are just glad to have found her and that nick is still doing ok.
joe

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 21, 2009
 
Thats good news!!!
butting in

Washington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 21, 2009
 
I find it interesting that the Daily Record didn't report that McQueen had knocked the window out of a cop car. The Sun-Commercial reported it but the DR didn't. I think the S-C said it was damage to state property, must have been a state police car. I happened to hear this going down on the scanner and heard the cops say that he was going to be charged for breaking the window. They also said he (McQueen) had a warrant out of Richland County.

The way the cops were talking, McQueen was also drunk. The cops were responding to a call about him beating on someones door and yelling which scared some juveniles that were home alone at the time. The kids called the cops and McQueen left on his horse. Before the police could find him, the accident with Bousley happened.

That's the way the cops explained it on the scanner.
If that's wrong then they told it wrong.
joe wrote:
Bridgeport, Ill.-
A Mount Carmel man was injured Sunday evening when his horse was struck by an intoxicated driver.
According to an accident report from Lawrence County Sheriff's Department (LCSD), Donald W. Bousley, 43, of Bridgeport, was travelling north on County Road 550 East in Bridgeport Township when he struck a horse with his 1999 Chevrolet Blazer, causing equestrian Nick R. McQueen, 50, Mount Carmel, to fall from the animal.
Following the accident, Bousley and McQueen engaged in an altercation, which was later stopped by sheriff's deputies.
According to the report, Bousley was intoxicated at the time of the accident.
Lawrence County Ambulance Service was called to the scene. McQueen refused medical treatment but was later transported to Lawrence County Memorial Hospital. He was then transported via Life Flight to Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.
According to LCSD Chief Deputy Trent Masterson, McQueen suffered a "partially collapsed lung," following the accident.
As of 10:30 a.m. Monday, the horse's whereabouts were unknown.
"The horse ran from the scene after the accident," Masterson said. "As far as I know, it has not been located yet."
Bousley was arrested and charged with aggravated DUI and aggravated battery. He is being held at Lawrence County Jail, pending a court appearance.
(Daily Record)
Loading commenting interface...
Comments (0)
Thank you for the abuse report. We will review the report and take appropriate action.
Loading comments...
Login or register to post a comment:
Leslie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 21, 2009
 
If McQueen busted out the window of the police car they did a good job cleaning up the glass on a gravel road cause i was out there the night it happened and there was no glass anywhere to be found. I really think you all need to get your facts straight before you go putting something on here about it.
butting in

Washington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 21, 2009
 
Windows have two sides, couldn't it have been hit from the outside and the glass fell INSIDE the car? Not all glass is the size of a windshield. Maybe it was one of those little windows behind the rear doors. Those have hardly any glass whatsoever. Even if one of those was broken to the outside and landed on the road you'd have a hard time finding it on gravel after a couple of cars/trucks drove over it. Did you stop in the exact spot and get down and specifically look for glass?

I'm just writing what I heard and what was reported in the Sun Commercial. Nothing more nothing less. I'm not trying to start a fight, good grief.
Leslie wrote:
If McQueen busted out the window of the police car they did a good job cleaning up the glass on a gravel road cause i was out there the night it happened and there was no glass anywhere to be found. I really think you all need to get your facts straight before you go putting something on here about it.
joe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 21, 2009
 
Leslie wrote:
If McQueen busted out the window of the police car they did a good job cleaning up the glass on a gravel road cause i was out there the night it happened and there was no glass anywhere to be found. I really think you all need to get your facts straight before you go putting something on here about it.
LOL
butting in

Washington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 22, 2009
 
Ok, I had to find it but here is exactly what the Vincennes Sun-Commercial wrote on page two, Tuesday September 15 2009. This is the paragraph near the end of the report, this isn't the whole report, just the relative paragraph.

"Bosley was charged with driving while intoxicated, and McQueen was charged with disorderly conduct after allegedly breaking out a police squad car window during the investigation."

"Bosley" is spelled wrong because that is exactly how the SC had it spelled. My screw up was trying to remember what the charge they reported was, I said damage to state property when it was actually reported as disorderly conduct.

I'm not saying it happened. I am saying it is a FACT that this paper reported it and it is a FACT that it was heard over the scanner. In fact when the cops mentioned it they were considering charging him with a felony. Why? I don't know. Just telling you what they said.

By the way, MAYBE he smacked the windshield. Anyone ever seen a broken windshield that was still in the car? No glass left the vehicle. I've personally hit a windshield before and broke it without any glass falling to the ground.
Leslie wrote:
If McQueen busted out the window of the police car they did a good job cleaning up the glass on a gravel road cause i was out there the night it happened and there was no glass anywhere to be found. I really think you all need to get your facts straight before you go putting something on here about it.
Leslie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 22, 2009
 
I hope you dont believe everything you read. Cause I can tell you for a fact there are not any charges on McQueen right now. So I think the SC needs to rerun the report. Plus McQueen has some pretty good injuries, it would be hard to believe that he really busted it out.
Leslie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 22, 2009
 
Plus it says breaking out a squad car window
butting in

Washington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 22, 2009
 
Yeah, and your point is?
Leslie wrote:
Plus it says breaking out a squad car window
butting in

Washington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 22, 2009
 
I don't believe everything I read. In fact if you will notice I said "I'm not saying it happened."

There very well might not be any charges on him. There's also the possibility that they are withholding the charges until he is able to answer them. Since he is in bad shape he wouldn't be able to go to court if they filed the charges. I don't know and I frankly don't care that much. But for some reason since you think I'm lying to you, I'll keep responding. I'll say it again, I was only writing what I heard and what I read. If you have a problem with what they reported then contact the Sun Commercial.

I don't have the story right in front of me right now so I can't quote it verbatim but they also reported that McQueen and Bousley were in a fight when the cops arrived that had to be broken up. IF this is true (once again I'm not saying it is), they must have both been in good enough shape to fight.

Here's something that I heard over the scanner. When the EMS arrived McQueen originally refused treatment. He later accepted it but at one time he wasn't hurting enough to want help. You could also hear someone in the background cussing LOUDLY about not wanting to go to the hospital whenever they keyed up their radios.
Leslie wrote:
I hope you dont believe everything you read. Cause I can tell you for a fact there are not any charges on McQueen right now. So I think the SC needs to rerun the report. Plus McQueen has some pretty good injuries, it would be hard to believe that he really busted it out.
lol

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 17, 2011
 
any relation to michelle bosley?
joe

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 21, 2011
 
Nope..Its Bousley

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Bridgeport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bridgeport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bridgeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bridgeport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bridgeport
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••