Lawrenceville, Illinois, Ghost Sightings

Lawrenceville, Illinois, Ghost Sightings

There are 42 comments on the www.ghostsofamerica.com story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Lawrenceville, Illinois, Ghost Sightings. In it, www.ghostsofamerica.com reports that:

There's not a single thing bizarre with reference to Lawrenceville, Illinois in the day, but this town is the property of the undead after the sun has called it a day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.ghostsofamerica.com.

joe

Noblesville, IN

#21 Aug 3, 2009
Mindy,A coach with playboys and booze..... Sounds like R.F. to me
DOT

Scottsdale, AZ

#22 Aug 3, 2009
when did all this take place at the HS? I graduated in 1962...I remember that the shop class was over above the girls PE dressing rooms.. and when the girls came out of the shower to dry-off the boys had drilled a hole just above the heater I think? and they would take turns picking at us...I remember the old girl scout cabin had strange things going on around it... I think it sat above the river am I right?...
Amber

Lansdowne, PA

#23 Aug 9, 2009
Yes. me and my friend went out to Kelly Lake last night, really late like around midnight, and we saw things. we even go in the lake. we didnt go very deep and it just got cold in the water. plain OLD COLD! so we kept going in. and then we got out when we heard strange noises. then we drove off and i told her i saw something as we dorve by the lake. but she didnt believe me.
bella

Golconda, IL

#24 Aug 9, 2009
OME!!!!!we just went there 2day
Gost Hunter

Milford, IN

#25 Oct 7, 2010
I forgot all about the school gost. I too have seen the lights from what was called the upper deck. They went from floor to floor. They could not be explained at the time at all. After this myself and a couple of other gost hunters broke into the school and went all around the school. We saw what we felt was the gost of that women flash down the hall just outside what was then the band room. Scared the crap out of all of us. What I remember the most was that not one of us said anything to each other, we just all started running down the stairs at the same time.we all had the same chills when we stopped running we where under the gym.Never went back after that.
weird relatives

United States

#26 Oct 8, 2010
My g. grandmother, was born 1848 up in lawrence co. her maiden name was peter's and she married a turner, in the late 1800's she had a son who went hunting in the woods with a cousin of his, they said the cousin said he did not know what happened, and her boy was never found up in lawrence co. or anywhere, my mother told me this grandmother would tell them ghost stories from when she was a child that scared the jaheevees out of them. Lawrence Co. Il. scary things happen thar.
Shannon Swindle Fleenor

Jeffersonville, IN

#27 Oct 31, 2011
We were told the librarian story as kids too, but were told it was her fiance who killed here in the library...lol I went to Lawrenceville High School from '84 to '88 and never saw anything
DOG

Orlando, FL

#28 Mar 14, 2012
I used to have a key to the HS,(there used to be several that got passed around in the 80's) anyway, I would go to the back door by the main gym at 10:30-11:00 at night, by myself, turn the lights on in the gym and shoot around for a couple of hours at a time. I must of done this at least 50 times. Never once did anything "ghostly" ever happen. Sure, the old place made lots of weird noises but nothing out of the ordinary.
LovinHim

Vincennes, IN

#29 May 20, 2013
I currently go to Lawrenceville High School as a Junior. This is our last year at that crazy place. I start at the new HS as a Senior and let me tell you, I sure am going to miss getting back from the Band competitions at 12-1a.m. and having to walk up the west side stairs where Ms. Lyons was killed and drug down by Mr. Gardners room. I can recall, as many others, of seeing the light skip the floors from the outside of the school to this very day. I remember my freshman year there when we were scared to death of the library and we would dare eachother to go in there after band competitions. NEVER again will I do that. I remember hearing a few books hit the ground and a seeing a computer turn off. And does anybody know the story of the other Librarian who hung herself in the Library after Ms. Lyons was killed? Or the story of why the hallway where the girls bathroom is by Mrs. Atkins room is haunted?
LovinHim

Vincennes, IN

#30 May 20, 2013
That room still is the band room!!!
Lyndsay

United States

#31 May 28, 2013
You know I went to LHS and should of graduated in 2010 but never heard of any of these stories about LHS...
Indian Fan

Greenup, IL

#32 Jul 6, 2013
At age 16 I went up to the band room to put up some equipment entering from the west side. Realized that I still had some band candy in my locker on the east side of the third floor So I crossed the band room, opened the double doors, and entered the hallway took about 10 steps and noticed a "figure" on the far other side of the hallway. It really did not have defining features but did have a misty appearance and was shining. Very hard to describe. I then decided that I did not need a candy bar, turned around, and briskly left the building to the west.
unknownLHS

Washington, IN

#33 Jul 11, 2014
LovinHim wrote:
I currently go to Lawrenceville High School as a Junior. This is our last year at that crazy place. I start at the new HS as a Senior and let me tell you, I sure am going to miss getting back from the Band competitions at 12-1a.m. and having to walk up the west side stairs where Ms. Lyons was killed and drug down by Mr. Gardners room. I can recall, as many others, of seeing the light skip the floors from the outside of the school to this very day. I remember my freshman year there when we were scared to death of the library and we would dare eachother to go in there after band competitions. NEVER again will I do that. I remember hearing a few books hit the ground and a seeing a computer turn off. And does anybody know the story of the other Librarian who hung herself in the Library after Ms. Lyons was killed? Or the story of why the hallway where the girls bathroom is by Mrs. Atkins room is haunted?
I also went to LHS, I graduated in 2011, I had Mr. Gardner first hour my sophomore year and we were sitting there one day and the flag stood straight out, windows were shut, and as you know the air and heat rarely worked there. Mr. Gardner was so freaked we ended up spending the hour outside. I've seen some creepy stuff in LHS. The bathroom by the cafeteria was always sketchy too.
ktc11

Vincennes, IN

#34 Dec 15, 2014
I graduated in 2011&it was mrs.kull that heard the construction noise,she told us the exact same story. &my gpa knew the librarian who was shot. The school always had a creepy vibe to it. &kellys lake, i believe that story bcuz one night me&a friend was 4wheeler ridin late at night&kept hearing this loud noise by the sawmill..horseshoe lake also had weird things happen. this town definately has some history.
ktc11

Vincennes, IN

#35 Dec 15, 2014
unknownLHS wrote:
<quoted text>
I also went to LHS, I graduated in 2011, I had Mr. Gardner first hour my sophomore year and we were sitting there one day and the flag stood straight out, windows were shut, and as you know the air and heat rarely worked there. Mr. Gardner was so freaked we ended up spending the hour outside. I've seen some creepy stuff in LHS. The bathroom by the cafeteria was always sketchy too.
Do you recall the bathroom by atkins room ever smelling like smoke? Like fire? Whoever this is, we graduated in the same class??
Spirit Calls

Vincennes, IN

#36 Aug 26, 2016
The Water Cooler wrote:
Who remembers the librarian wandering the halls of the high school? We used to sneak over there in the middle of the night and look for her in the windows.

And what was the name of that old abandoned yellow house right across the street from Bobes? I'm pretty sure it was one of the scariest places I've ever been. Gross!
The yellow house was mcgahey house... Haunted as hell. Spent alot of time partying in that house and saw and heard some scary shit. Me and a few friends slept there but the activity the wouldn't let us sleep. We spent the night huddled together shaking waiting for sunlight.
Spirit Calls

Vincennes, IN

#37 Aug 26, 2016
Amber wrote:
Yes. me and my friend went out to Kelly Lake last night, really late like around midnight, and we saw things. we even go in the lake. we didnt go very deep and it just got cold in the water. plain OLD COLD! so we kept going in. and then we got out when we heard strange noises. then we drove off and i told her i saw something as we dorve by the lake. but she didnt believe me.
Me and my best friend went to Horseshoe Lake out by Kellys Lake and there was a floating loveseat on the lake. Creepy!!!
Old timer

Johnston City, IL

#38 Sep 14, 2016
LovinHim wrote:
My dad worked as a night janitor there, he told us many stories of the librarian wondering the halls at night. I remember him saying he was scared a couple of times. Especially in the hallway close to the library
lawrencevilleatt endee

Robinson, IL

#39 Oct 18, 2016
Hometown Girl wrote:
You know my mom and aunt always told me Kelly lake was haunted to.Said they seen things out there make you want to run home.
Some guy actually committed suicide out there. My grandpa owns the other lake close by, horseshoe pits or pebble beach, and we camp out there quite often, but I've never encountered aything creepy out there happening. Kelly's lake is creepy though.
Doesnt matter

United States

#40 Jan 29, 2017
Tonight is 1/29/2017 i was there tonight and some very odd things happened first i went to see were elizabeth reed was hung in the feild next to the football field then i went inbetween the 2 buildings in the back were the white door is it was shut when i was walking up.. i had my evp and emf on and was trying to talk to georgine and i turned around to piss; when i turned back around the white door was half way open, so i then started asking if it was georgine and asked if who ever was there to make some sort of sign.. i then heard things shifting around in the building and taps on the window it was eirry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
losers May 20 pissoff 1
Dewitt County - Clinton Drug Charges filed 2017... May 20 Will 22
Desperately looking for a place to rent May 15 Louie 2
News The Bright Forever (Feb '09) Apr '18 hsodes 45
Green News Mar '18 Chewbacca97 1
News Two juveniles facing charges in connection with... Mar '18 Fed up Tax Payer 2
Does anyone know Galen Stine? (Dec '12) Mar '18 weed 3

Bridgeport Jobs

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages