Lawrenceville, Illinois, Ghost Sightings

Lawrenceville, Illinois, Ghost Sightings

There are 35 comments on the www.ghostsofamerica.com story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Lawrenceville, Illinois, Ghost Sightings. In it, www.ghostsofamerica.com reports that:

There's not a single thing bizarre with reference to Lawrenceville, Illinois in the day, but this town is the property of the undead after the sun has called it a day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.ghostsofamerica.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I smell like rasberries”

Since: Jan 09

Lawrenceville

#1 Feb 9, 2009
Purple Head... Purple Head... Purple Head... Ope! I thought I was going to die but I'm not on the bridge so I guess it doesn't work :)
joe

Noblesville, IN

#2 Feb 10, 2009
I remember that story.I never tested it out!!
joe

Noblesville, IN

#3 Feb 10, 2009
A tied up female smoking a pot pipe happened all the time at Lanterman Park

“PIZZA BURGERS YUM!!”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 10, 2009
joe wrote:
A tied up female smoking a pot pipe happened all the time at Lanterman Park
Joe did you actually see this?

“PIZZA BURGERS YUM!!”

Location hidden

#5 Feb 10, 2009
What about www.betseyreed.com
The woman hanged on the old football field.

“"I've seen me do it"”

Lawrenceville

#6 Feb 10, 2009
Honestly.. and people think I'm crazy.. I've seen a lot, a lot of things.. About half of the places I have lived there has been undisputible evidence to my eyes and in a few other cases there have been witnesses to some clearly paranormal activity. No lie, they're here.
joe

Noblesville, IN

#7 Feb 10, 2009
well,it wasnt a ghost but I remember a girl with a pipe in high school who liked to be tied up.It happened at Lanterman Park

Lawrenceville

#8 Feb 10, 2009
Who remembers the librarian wandering the halls of the high school? We used to sneak over there in the middle of the night and look for her in the windows.

And what was the name of that old abandoned yellow house right across the street from Bobes? I'm pretty sure it was one of the scariest places I've ever been. Gross!

“"I've seen me do it"”

Lawrenceville

#9 Feb 11, 2009
I remember the high school quite well. When we got back from away games we would see a strange light in the windoows back when people frequently claimed to see the librarian. We thought it was the janitor until one time it started jumging floors as if it were going straigth through the floors and ceilings all the way up and down the west side of the building. Creepy.

We went ghost hunting the last two years with the crawford county paranormal society. Nothing like it at all. Did see and hear some strange, strange things.

“PIZZA BURGERS YUM!!”

Location hidden

#10 Feb 11, 2009
http://www.crawfordcountyghosthunters.com/

Are these the people you went ghost hunting with?
macuser

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Feb 11, 2009
Georgine Lyons was the name of the LHS librarian.
The man who killed her was a Petrach.

If you call her name from the front lawn will she come out?
Go try for me.

“"I've seen me do it"”

Lawrenceville

#12 Feb 11, 2009
macuser wrote:
http://www.crawfordcountyghost hunters.com/
Are these the people you went ghost hunting with?
In deed, that is them. Quite a bunch let me tell you.
macuser

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Feb 15, 2009
They use to say if the librarian left any books out - they would all be put away the next day when she came in.

Fate magazine use to have an interesting article about this.

A teacher told a story once of hearing construction noises in the main hall.
She went to the main hall to find nothing and no one there.
When she came back the computer screen said i am looking at you - with dots in the middle of the o's making them look like eyes.

Lawrenceville

#14 Feb 15, 2009
That's just freaky...
Yikes

Middle River, MD

#15 Feb 19, 2009
I'd just like to believe that none of this is true so that I can sleep tonight..
mindy powles-fidler

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Feb 21, 2009
I attended Lawrenceville high school in the early 90's, and have never really seen anything, but my older stepbrothers used to tell stories of when thier friends used to try and break into the school at night because they were told that one of the coaches used to hide bottles of booze and playboy magazines in his office. they say that a light was always on, and after a few of their friends actually did break into the auditorium ( or area with larger windows)they were thrown out by something they could not see nor describe, and
it lifted them up as if they were feathers, and threw them back out the windows in wich they sneaked in through. I was always hesitant to believe them, because back then they enjoyed pot a little too much, but.....you never know.
A science teacher used to tell me and a girlfriend that he always felt a little uneasy staying in the building after the faculty and students had already gone home
indians

Hoopeston, IL

#17 May 15, 2009
i read all this stuff and the crazy thing is im in the room right now where she got shot on the west side of the bulidong second floor and that man draged her down the stairs were he was and tryed to hide her and the kids found her and was freaking out pretty bad. i know all about this i talked to teachers who was her at the time like my great g ma was a teacher her at the time of the shoting and she said it was the most out raged thing shes ever seen in history there was blood all over where she was shot and the kids that was attending the room went there and found the blood which is quiet interesting cause im sitting right where she was suppose to of been shot in the coner of the room on the second floor on the west side...
Hometown Girl

Pasadena, MD

#18 May 15, 2009
You know my mom and aunt always told me Kelly lake was haunted to.Said they seen things out there make you want to run home.

“PIZZA BURGERS YUM!!”

Location hidden

#19 May 15, 2009
I heard that about kellys lake too. There was a boy in my 8th grade class on a trip with the church - His foot caught on a branch and he drowned. It was really sad.

“PIZZA BURGERS YUM!!”

Location hidden

#20 Jul 31, 2009
I am going to post a separate discussion about the book "The Hanging of Bestey Reed"

In 1845 twenty thousand people gathered in Lawrenceville, Illinois, to witness the hanging of Betsey Reed for poisoning her husband.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugs Jul 15 Guest 101 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul 10 The Graduate 70
Tammy Higgins Jul 2 Aerisa 1
New to Area Jun 29 thmellyeggs 2
Shut that power plant down Apr '16 Grim Reaper 1
Jeremy Harlan Apr '16 dtoys5 1
1 bed Apartments for rent? Apr '16 Violet99 1

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages