Amanda Hamm Released from Prison

Amanda Hamm Released from Prison

There are 11 comments on the Associated Content story from Sep 10, 2008, titled Amanda Hamm Released from Prison. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Amanda Hamm, the young mother imprisoned for child endangerment that resulted in death, was released from Dwight Correctional Institute on September 9, 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

concerned

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2008
Ijust don't understand our judicial system. Why is is that it is still so racist? Why is it that Maurice is serving life in prison but the mother of the kids gets out in 5 years? What is that about?
accuracy

Walnut Creek, CA

#2 Sep 11, 2008
Amanda Hamm served only 18 months in prison, plus the time she spent in jail during the two trials. The judge in the LaGrone trial, who also presided over the Hamm trial, did not offer the jury the option of convicting on a lesser charge.
Avenger

Lansing, MI

#3 Sep 16, 2008
That mudshark and her white trash parents should have their GODDAMN FACES DOUSED IN ACID and GUTTED UNTIL EXPIRED. ANY PERSON WHO MURDERS A WHITE CHILD SHALL BE TORTURED UNTIL DEATH!!!!! HAIL ODIN!!! HAIL FREYA!!!!! ODINS HOLY NATION MUST PREVAIL!!!!
concerned

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2008
It shouldn't matter if the child is white?
accuracy

Walnut Creek, CA

#5 Sep 17, 2008
Re: Avenger - Hamm was not convicted of murder. The jury never felt confident that the prosecution proved premeditation. Also, her parents probably wouldn't qualify as white trash. Hamm's mother worked in the county's judicial system.
And Hamm's parents could hardly be held responsible for Amanda's actions. She is an adult woman, and by all accounts, her children were not neglected or abused.

Since: Nov 08

Clinton, Illinois

#6 Nov 26, 2008
Avenger, can you come outta your mom's basement just once ?

Also, I'd like to know why Hamm did NOT fight, to her last breath to save her kids. Not once did she say that she was stopped from going back in the water.

Was the car facing forwards in the water or in backwards ? If backwards, and her children were in the back seat, buckled up and strapped in, to me, that shows "premeditation". MOst people that go to sight see or to just look around are driving forwards, even if they are so idiotic as to drive onto a boatramp. They were backed in with one sole purpose.

If it weren't for her mother's "connections", she(Hamm) should've gottent he same time as Maurice. We all know why she didn't. Clintuckian justice prevails, once again !
dar

Mesa, AZ

#7 Dec 9, 2008
There was premeditation! Amanda confirmed to police she knew what Maurice was planning! She went along with it! I think that the sentencing was unfair! Both of them just need to be killed! Then it would be justice!
wow

Hazel Green, AL

#8 Jun 10, 2009
dar wrote:
There was premeditation! Amanda confirmed to police she knew what Maurice was planning! She went along with it! I think that the sentencing was unfair! Both of them just need to be killed! Then it would be justice!
You have no idea what in the hell you are talking about so you should shut the hell up!
iknowall

Kewanee, IL

#9 Jul 24, 2010
The stupid b it ch needs to be put into a car with her buckle on so she can't get out. Then push the car into the lake at the same spot were her kids died. So everyone can watch her suffer. Then she will know what her kids felt like before they died. You kids will missed.
concerned

United States

#10 Jan 4, 2011
I know Amanda's parents and they are not white trash so please go back to the hole you came from. None of us were there that night and shouldn't judge on something we are not sure about. I know that she has served her time that she was handed and has the right to carry on in life.
disgusted

Clinton, IL

#11 Feb 15, 2014
Um wrong there was abuse and if ppl would have stepped up these children would be alive but instead this woman was allowed to move on and birth more kids bull crap makes me sick she is just as guilty as the man she knew what was up...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugs Jul 15 Guest 101 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul 10 The Graduate 70
Tammy Higgins Jul 2 Aerisa 1
New to Area Jun 29 thmellyeggs 2
Shut that power plant down Apr '16 Grim Reaper 1
Jeremy Harlan Apr '16 dtoys5 1
1 bed Apartments for rent? Apr '16 Violet99 1

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages