Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 51766 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

mahz

United States

#36365 Dec 26, 2012
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
See that's always you people's answer. Yes I belief & faith & yes that is all I need. My proof is when my 8 year old son was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor & was sent home with meds for his headaches. But during one of the MRI's to monitor the growth the tumor was completely gone. The pediatric neurologist had only one explanation- "it's a miracle from God. That's all I can say". All the proof I need.
I don't understand, therefore God?

What a complete and total lack of reason. You sound like a caveman.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#36366 Dec 26, 2012
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand, therefore God?

What a complete and total lack of reason. You sound like a caveman.
Whatever you want to say is fine with me. I never said I don't understand. I always know it's God. I don't lack reason. My reason is God. Like I said now prove me wrong & the response I get is "you sound like a caveman". What are you 5 yrs old. Can't prove me wrong so let's call names. Very adult.
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#36367 Dec 27, 2012
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you want to say is fine with me. I never said I don't understand. I always know it's God. I don't lack reason. My reason is God. Like I said now prove me wrong & the response I get is "you sound like a caveman". What are you 5 yrs old. Can't prove me wrong so let's call names. Very adult.
Demanding negative proof, huh toots? Tell ya what: We'll prove your god doesn't exist on the condition that YOU prove you're not a child-beating, meth-addicted hooker. Fair enough?
Jukeman

Benton, KY

#36368 Dec 27, 2012
Hey SouthernLady, really hate to bother you, but in a discussion forum you mentioned you knew of several old white cars, I was just wondering if you had any leads. If so would you be willing to reply on the " old white four door car forum."

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#36369 Dec 27, 2012
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now prove me wrong!!!
You haven't said anything in response to my question. Let's - for the sake of argument - assume the story you are telling is true.

Prove that god got rid of the tumor and that it wasn't a magic unicorn that got rid of the tumor.

Maybe then you'll understand what someone means by "proof"

Location hidden

#36370 Dec 27, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't said anything in response to my question. Let's - for the sake of argument - assume the story you are telling is true.

Prove that god got rid of the tumor and that it wasn't a magic unicorn that got rid of the tumor.

Maybe then you'll understand what someone means by "proof"
Like I said prove me wrong. I can give you an entire Bible of proof but I can see you're not willing to accept that so instead of me proving I'm right (which I believe with all my heart), if you are so smart & know so much then you prove me wrong. In science one person presents an idea & then someone else, that would be you, sets out to prove them wrong. So prove me wrong. You keep repeating yourself because you can't prove me wrong.

Location hidden

#36371 Dec 27, 2012
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said prove me wrong. I can give you an entire Bible of proof but I can see you're not willing to accept that so instead of me proving I'm right (which I believe with all my heart), if you are so smart & know so much then you prove me wrong. In science one person presents an idea & then someone else, that would be you, sets out to prove them wrong. So prove me wrong. You keep repeating yourself because you can't prove me wrong.
First, that isn't remotely how science works. Good grief.

But okay, I'll prove you wrong.

You see, I was talking to the magic unicorn and he told me that he, in fact, cured the tumor.

Prove me wrong.

Do you see how ridiculous you sound? One does not have to (and, in fact, cannot) prove a negative.

You have made the assertion that something is true, therefore the onus is on you to prove it.

You cannot.

Don't feel bad, though, because no one has ever been able to prove any god's existence.
werealldeadthnks togays

Westville, IL

#36372 Dec 27, 2012
so to the 200 morons that say we need gay marriage what bible are you ready from its not GODS words it yours quit trying to re-write it to suit you, you should be ashamed of yourselves GODS wrath will fall upon you

Location hidden

#36373 Dec 27, 2012
werealldeadthnkstogays wrote:
so to the 200 morons that say we need gay marriage what bible are you ready from its not GODS words it yours quit trying to re-write it to suit you, you should be ashamed of yourselves GODS wrath will fall upon you
Amen

Location hidden

#36374 Dec 27, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>First, that isn't remotely how science works. Good grief.

But okay, I'll prove you wrong.

You see, I was talking to the magic unicorn and he told me that he, in fact, cured the tumor.

Prove me wrong.

Do you see how ridiculous you sound? One does not have to (and, in fact, cannot) prove a negative.

You have made the assertion that something is true, therefore the onus is on you to prove it.

You cannot.

Don't feel bad, though, because no one has ever been able to prove any god's existence.
Well you don't anything about the Bible or you would know that unicorn is in the Bible several times. Next I understand that you're homosexual & youre trying to justify what you do by denying God. Well the only thing I can say to you is that I'll pray that you change your ways & that you don't send your soul to hell. If you want proof of God then just read a Bible & accept Jesus Christ into your heart. Then you'll understand & be able to see reason. Your entire life will change for the better. And I don't need to prove "any gods existence" because there is only one God. I am sorry you are the way you are. You need some more Faith. I'll pray for you. God bless you. It sounds as if you really need it.

Location hidden

#36375 Dec 27, 2012
The bible doesn't have anything to do with marriage laws so what's your point?

Location hidden

#36376 Dec 27, 2012
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you don't anything about the Bible or you would know that unicorn is in the Bible several times. Next I understand that you're homosexual & youre trying to justify what you do by denying God. Well the only thing I can say to you is that I'll pray that you change your ways & that you don't send your soul to hell. If you want proof of God then just read a Bible & accept Jesus Christ into your heart. Then you'll understand & be able to see reason. Your entire life will change for the better. And I don't need to prove "any gods existence" because there is only one God. I am sorry you are the way you are. You need some more Faith. I'll pray for you. God bless you. It sounds as if you really need it.
In other words, there is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof of any god's existence.

That's really all you needed to say.

Meanwhile, back in the real world of law and living, breathing humans...Illinois may, in fact, approve gay marriage in the next few weeks.

Great way to start the new year.
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#36377 Dec 27, 2012
Southern Hag01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen...
...said one knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing bigoted religious fanatic to the other. We'll all take that for what it's worth.

“Free to buy cake”

Since: Jul 07

wherever I like.

#36378 Dec 27, 2012
What is God waiting for? Really, if God were half as pissed off as the ashpoles on this thread, he'd wipe us of the face if the earth. God created us, in Zhis image and Zhe has no problem with us.
I'm pretty sure that when you look back on your life, you'll be ashamed of all the time you spent crapping on others in the name of the Lord.
Harvey

Westville, IL

#36379 Dec 27, 2012
so you would rather burn in hell for munching on carept so is your soul really worth that you could have a baby with a real man and a family so do the fires of hell turn you on trust me its coming and who are you going to cry to then all you have to do is set back and watch the whole world going to hell so set back and do nothing but what if your baby could be the 1 to cure cancer just think of all the lifes they could have saved but not do to your life style?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#36380 Dec 27, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible doesn't have anything to do with marriage laws so what's your point?
But the fundamental essence of marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Everything else stems from that, including law. Gays are a direct and violent conflict of that essence. Clearly disqualified.

You focus on faith because you are faithless. You claim to be reasoning, but ignore it when it conflicts with your defect.

Just think how silly you look!

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#36381 Dec 27, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
What is God waiting for? Really, if God were half as pissed off as the ashpoles on this thread, he'd wipe us of the face if the earth. God created us, in Zhis image and Zhe has no problem with us.
I'm pretty sure that when you look back on your life, you'll be ashamed of all the time you spent crapping on others in the name of the Lord.
Jonny boy! Are you seriously judging who God is mad at? REally???

Forget looking back, look at the ad homoan attacks at the expense of a logical response you constantly throw up!

That's all you got???

Smirk.

Location hidden

#36382 Dec 27, 2012
Harvey wrote:
so you would rather burn in hell for munching on carept so is your soul really worth that you could have a baby with a real man and a family so do the fires of hell turn you on trust me its coming and who are you going to cry to then all you have to do is set back and watch the whole world going to hell so set back and do nothing but what if your baby could be the 1 to cure cancer just think of all the lifes they could have saved but not do to your life style?
dude...what?
Harvey

Westville, IL

#36383 Dec 27, 2012
duh you cant understand english-duh usted no puede entender Inglés so get your head out of your ass before yopu burn in hell-así que su cabeza fuera de su culo antes yopu arder en el infierno

“Free to buy cake”

Since: Jul 07

wherever I like.

#36384 Dec 27, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonny boy! Are you seriously judging who God is mad at? REally??
Smirk.
That's what you managed to glean from my post? The fundamental whacktards are the ones who claim to speak on God's behalf. Nice trolling, however; you got a response on an unworthy post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
allyce May 11 joe 2
Who is the biggest ho in Lawrence County? (Aug '10) Apr '15 boredinIL 14
Where do some of the posts go that were here? (Mar '10) Mar '15 beaten by cameko 9
News Will the race for Chicago mayor end in a runoff? Feb '15 jeffry 1
Ladys beware of Scott Parker (Jun '13) Feb '15 Sarah 2
Karl (Aug '12) Jan '15 Sumanure Stinks 6
ERBA Headstart Pre Schoolers Give Star Performa... Dec '14 MichelleMoore 1
More from around the web

Bridgeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]