2nd Shelton cop arrested in recent mo...

2nd Shelton cop arrested in recent months

Posted in the Bridgeport Forum

Watchdawg

Southbury, CT

#1 Aug 5, 2008
How did the CT Post miss this? If this was another Bridgeport or Ansonia cop it would have been front page headlines!

Shelton police officer faces larceny charge
AP 08/01/2008

SHELTON - A longtime police officer turned himself in Thursday to state police, who had a warrant for his arrest and charged him with fifth-degree larceny.

Loren Casertano, 46, of Shelton, was processed and released on $1,000 bail, said state police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance.

Casertano is due to be arraigned Aug. 11 in Superior Court in Derby.

According to Vance, state police launched an investigation June 4 into the theft of an electronic device, and detectives subsequently got an arrest warrant.

State police did not release further details Thursday on the alleged theft, including what type of device was taken, or from where it was taken.

But according to a source, the incident involved the theft of an iPod from a relative of Casertano. The iPod was recovered, and Casertano allegedly claimed that the recovered device wasn't the right one, and that a more expensive one had been taken. The juvenile charged with stealing the item was therefore required to make more financial restitution in court than was fair, resulting in the charge, the source said.

Fifth-degree larceny involves the theft of items valued at more than $250 and less than $500. It is a class B misdemeanor, which carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison.

Police Capt. Michael Madden said in light of the state police arrest, the department Thursday placed Casertano on paid administrative leave.

"We will be conducting an administrative investigation into the matter," Madden said.

According to Madden, Casertano has been with the department since May 1987, and is a patrolman.
Police Chief Joel Hurliman said, "I can't say I'm happy about it," in response to news of Thursday's arrest.
"The officer is on leave, and we will do an investigation into whether the rules of the Shelton Police Department were violated," Hurliman said.

Both Madden and Hurliman indicated Thursday that they don't know any details of the allegations yet, as it is a state police investigation. Casertano could not be reached for comment.

Union President John Giordano said Thursday afternoon that he just learned of the arrest.

"He is innocent until proven guilty, and we will let justice run its course," Giordano said.

This is the second arrest involving a local police officer in recent months. Thomas Chickos, a former probationary police officer, faces charges of aiding and abetting first-degree larceny and making a false statement. Arrested in May, he allegedly acted as a lookout while a friend, Jason Dennis, stole large equipment from businesses. Chickos resigned voluntarily in 2007, and his case is pending in Superior Court in Derby. Dennis is serving a two-year prison sentence.
the judge

United States

#2 Aug 5, 2008
an ipod,holy shit.the chair i tell you..the chair.on the other hand maybe he needed it to stay awake while watching all the drunk driver go by him on howe ave.
who cares

Wallingford, CT

#3 Aug 6, 2008
whats the purpose of this?
oh boy judge sequino

Wolcott, CT

#6 Aug 6, 2008
dude all i can say is your lucky slyvester isnt alive,,,your screwed hire gary mastronadrdi
onesided

Northford, CT

#7 Aug 9, 2008
the judge wrote:
an ipod,holy ****.the chair i tell you..the chair.on the other hand maybe he needed it to stay awake while watching all the drunk driver go by him on howe ave.
Wait do not forget shouting roids in himself.... I mean he did not get that big naturally!! He will get off, Or get a early retirment package.
the judge

United States

#8 Aug 9, 2008
why would he give himself hemmoroids?
who knows

Waterbury, CT

#9 Feb 22, 2009
before you judge, look into the officers that did the investagation for shelton pd. look into their personel files..one officer has had cases bounced from court for his pryor lying during investagations..can't believe some officers still have jobs there...take it from someone that has friends that work there.. wait too see the out come,we will see how safe people of shelton will feel after hearing what comes out......lying officers are no match for keefe....
who knows

Waterbury, CT

#11 Feb 22, 2009
Cop is a bum wrote:
Another Jerk-off cop
You cops make me sick your all big and bad when you you arrest someone but the funny part it is the police that are the criminals. The problem is most of them never get caught we only hear about the few that get caught.
This A-Hole should be ashamed of himself
Fire this bum IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!
who knows you should learn the facts about the shelton police supervisors they all lie and are as big a jerk off as you i think both you and the officer should meet and see who is the jerk off if you had a brain you would know the bull shit from the supervisors at shelton police why dont you ask capt. madden about the shawn farmer your day is coming when you meet chris remember the name incident thats a lie you are nothing but a pussy you should get your facts prior to speaking ps hows danelle from the metro you asshole speak sooner than you think mike..........
Mark L

Litchfield, NH

#13 Feb 23, 2009
So what was the resolution of the police investigation? Has it been completed or are they trying to push it under the rug? This police officer told his niece to claim the stolen Ipod wasn't hers and to claim hers was a more expensive Ipod. Isn't anyone honest any longer? And especially the police. Really setting a good example for the kids!
who knows

Waterbury, CT

#14 Feb 23, 2009
Mark L wrote:
So what was the resolution of the police investigation? Has it been completed or are they trying to push it under the rug? This police officer told his niece to claim the stolen Ipod wasn't hers and to claim hers was a more expensive Ipod. Isn't anyone honest any longer? And especially the police. Really setting a good example for the kids!
it does say he's niece...all i have to say is i feel bad for anybody that has to deal with the shelton police...esp. the one's that they dept. knows has lied in the past and does nothing about "the good old boys"..if they would screw their own what would they do to you or I...
who knows

Waterbury, CT

#15 Feb 23, 2009
Cop is a bum wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey peabrain I know that shelton p.d is a bit sketchy but so are all the other dept's.
All cops are all liers and bullsshitters all the way that's all they do look at when they write reports they always add minor details to always make it look so against you they hype up arrests they give the newspapers stories that make you look worse in the public eye when one of them gets screwed by their own GOOD THEY DESEVE IT!!!!
I have no sympathy for these people in my eyes thay all belong in jail with the minorities see how bad they are then????
you say they deserve it????how if that was you or someone in your family????not sure what really happened wasn't there and i doubt you were...you only know about shelton pd through what you read, it's much more dirty than you'll ever know ...well you never knows once the fbi goes through there... they don't have any "good old boys or drinking buddies" there i hope they come in and clean house..how about that idot????
Leroys keeper

United States

#16 Feb 23, 2009
Cop is a bum wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey peabrain I know that shelton p.d is a bit sketchy but so are all the other dept's.
All cops are all liers and bullsshitters all the way that's all they do look at when they write reports they always add minor details to always make it look so against you they hype up arrests they give the newspapers stories that make you look worse in the public eye when one of them gets screwed by their own GOOD THEY DESEVE IT!!!!
I have no sympathy for these people in my eyes thay all belong in jail with the minorities see how bad they are then????
Your stupid. Learn how to spell and write, moron..
Leroys keeper

United States

#18 Feb 27, 2009
Your daddy is a moron wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Leroy shut your mouth it's time for you to go home your mommy's calling you.
You stupid bastard!!!!!
Whatever, loser!!!
Prayer

Bronx, NY

#19 Mar 2, 2009
My Prayers for Shelton we need it! My prayers that justice will prevail, assumptions and judgements not be made on Shelton PD as a result of this article.

The truth always prevails, is always revealed. As a shelton resident, I Praise our public servants whom serve with honesty & integrity, while upholding their ethics, morals, and values respectfully looking out fort shelton residents and the community they serve!

As for the ones we hear allegations about quite often these days, the ones not upholding their service in a manner in which they took their oaths The Lord will reveal the truth and justice will prevail.

The federal investigaters have their hands full in Shelton for sure. Praise God for their service to our community, state, and country. Thank You Bless You in your pursuit for justice.
AVA

Boone, NC

#20 Mar 2, 2009
There is good and bad in every dept.On the whole most Officers are doing a good job.I thank the honest ones.
SERPICO NYPD

Oceanside, NY

#21 Mar 2, 2009
Cop is a bum wrote:
Another Jerk-off cop
You cops make me sick your all big and bad when you you arrest someone but the funny part it is the police that are the criminals. The problem is most of them never get caught we only hear about the few that get caught.
This A-Hole should be ashamed of himself
Fire this bum IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!
ur really tough I bet?? Who is this Joe Jonas??
oh boy

Bloomfield, CT

#22 Jul 22, 2009
hey officer casertano we all know your not gulity...it the dirty brass in this dept. what goes around comes around..we are backing you 100% for all of us that know the true story...we are sorry for you and your family going through this...it will all come out in the end..your a good officer and always had our backs...
Oh no kidding

United States

#23 Jul 27, 2009
Casertano is just another victim of "The Regime", headed by Czar Hurliman and his crooked team (Madden, DB, ect). Unfortunately, "The Regime" will always be backed by the head coward, Chf T. Flarety.
i agree

Shelton, CT

#25 Oct 12, 2009
oh boy wrote:
hey officer casertano we all know your not gulity...it the dirty brass in this dept. what goes around comes around..we are backing you 100% for all of us that know the true story...we are sorry for you and your family going through this...it will all come out in the end..your a good officer and always had our backs...
I agree with oh boy... you were too close to knowing their wrong doing....you know what you know bring it out. Save yourself and your name..you are a good person and officer..I am just sorry for your wife and daughter..what your young daughter must think of law enforcement??? Explain to her it's just corruption at the Shelton Police Dept. most of us are good cops..good luck man..I'll always be here for you anything you need I've proved that....it's in the mailbox...dept. of entertainment....they are a joke..esp. the brass even worker's comp. fraud...
true

Waterbury, CT

#27 Feb 8, 2010
Mark L wrote:
This had nothing to do with a niece...2 i-pods were taken from this officer's daughter. Parents didn't teach their daughter it's not right to steal..and good old pd. didn't take the time to fully investigate, do you really think the city would be paying him to stay home and not just fire him? It's that officers with dirty pasts are involved and are cronies of the Chief. Because of their wrong doing..they are in too deep and don't know what to do...Shelton's dirty will come out in the trial...this comes right from the inside Shelton PD...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get ready for our next heat wave Wed BPT 1
News Police: Staffer Finds Men Using Cocaine In Fair... Wed BPT 1
News Senator Marilyn Moore, D- Bridgeport, in Senate... Wed BPT 1
News Stamford police may hire consultant on complaints (Sep '09) Wed WorkAvoider 57
News Balloons adorn the front of Crescent Crossing, ... Wed WorkAvoider 3
News Comings, goings at Bridgeport's Steel Point Wed WorkAvoider 3
News Police dog rescues special-needs child Tue America Gentleman... 1

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages