Man Charged with Shoplifting Meat, Candy from Stop & Shop

There are 20 comments on the Aug 14, 2012, Patch.com story titled Man Charged with Shoplifting Meat, Candy from Stop & Shop. In it, Patch.com reports that:

It does not indicate convictions.] A Bridgeport man was charged with sixth-degree larceny Sunday after he allegedly attempted to shoplift $216 worth of meat and candy from the Stop & Shop on Villa Avenue, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BPT

New Britain, CT

#1 Aug 14, 2012
why am i thinkin, ribs?
BPT

United States

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Haha! Good call; I didn`t check to see if he was a mooncricket at first.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 Aug 14, 2012
Off to jail this hungry crook will go. Sounds like a drug user to me to trade for drugs.
MrWright

Stratford, CT

#4 Aug 14, 2012
BPT wrote:
why am i thinkin, ribs?
Didn't expect the racial remarks from you.
BPT

New Britain, CT

#5 Aug 15, 2012
MrWright wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't expect the racial remarks from you.
sorry, it was too good to pass up on, i could'nt resist.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Aug 15, 2012
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, it was too good to pass up on, i could'nt resist.
I don't think it's racist to mention generalities like that. It gets racist when you start basing your opinions on someone's genetics. I base my thinking on culture a lot- and yeah I'm very critical on some cultures.

White people (especially me) can't dance, and its not racist to say so.

Location hidden

#7 Aug 15, 2012
I am write and I cannot dance and cannot play basketball either. God bless Citizen and his cats.
BPT

New Britain, CT

#8 Aug 15, 2012
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's racist to mention generalities like that. It gets racist when you start basing your opinions on someone's genetics. I base my thinking on culture a lot- and yeah I'm very critical on some cultures.
White people (especially me) can't dance, and its not racist to say so.
so ya think i should of added orange and grape kool aid and a pack of newports to his shopping list?
;)

Location hidden

#9 Aug 16, 2012
#3 is the Sam Faker and Real A-Hole.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 16, 2012
#7 & #9 is the Faker and the Real A-hole. And to all, a good nigh, from Tippy and her fish and myself.
Citizen44

Old Saybrook, CT

#11 Aug 16, 2012
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>so ya think i should of added orange and grape kool aid and a pack of newports to his shopping list?
;)
Hey, that's a little risque for you, BPT! Yeah, and you forgot water melon! And Axe deodorant of course. I thought it was more usually black women who buy Newports. You sell cigs at the store? Thats one habit I didn't start, thank god.

I'd ask you what store you work at and pop in to say hello- but I wouldn't blame you one single bit for keeping that info private.

I have a few black female friends, who manage to run out of cigarettes way up at my place, and then they want ME to drive to get more cigs. They claim they don't know the roads up here. So I have a carton of these crappy russian cigarettes that are like 10 years old. I just hand 'em a pack of that crap and say 'deal with it! It's your addiction!' A stevedore gave me the carton years ago, just as a curiosity.

Sorry I'm posting so much- waiting for the tylenol PM to kick in.

Location hidden

#12 Aug 16, 2012
Hey Citizen, e mail me before you and the cats go to bed.
Citizen44

Old Saybrook, CT

#13 Aug 16, 2012
American Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Hey Citizen, e mail me before you and the cats go to bed.
I can't email you, Sam, because I don't want anyone to get my personal email. Sorry.
Now I can't message you either, because I won't use my registered name any more. I can only call you.
Some of your so-called friends just want to make trouble for me and a few others.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 16, 2012
Hey Citizen, read the e mail that I send you on Topix so I know it is really the Real Citizen.
BPT

New Britain, CT

#15 Aug 17, 2012
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that's a little risque for you, BPT! Yeah, and you forgot water melon! And Axe deodorant of course. I thought it was more usually black women who buy Newports. You sell cigs at the store? Thats one habit I didn't start, thank god.
I'd ask you what store you work at and pop in to say hello- but I wouldn't blame you one single bit for keeping that info private.
I have a few black female friends, who manage to run out of cigarettes way up at my place, and then they want ME to drive to get more cigs. They claim they don't know the roads up here. So I have a carton of these crappy russian cigarettes that are like 10 years old. I just hand 'em a pack of that crap and say 'deal with it! It's your addiction!' A stevedore gave me the carton years ago, just as a curiosity.
Sorry I'm posting so much- waiting for the tylenol PM to kick in.
i don't work at a store. you were smart not to get involved with cigs. of all the things i have done in life, cigs was the hardest to quit.
Citizen44

Old Saybrook, CT

#16 Aug 17, 2012
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>i don't work at a store. you were smart not to get involved with cigs. of all the things i have done in life, cigs was the hardest to quit.
I thought you had posted that you worked at a store, and you used to own one, a long time ago.
Yes, I have watched people who have a very hard time quitting; I have one close friend who is literally smoking himself to death- he is the heaviest chain smoker I've ever seen. He already has had a heart attack at age 47 and he's still smoking like a fiend!

You won't see much of me on Topix for a while, at least until Phyllis and Lynne cut out the harassment.
Citizen44
#17 Aug 17, 2012
American Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Hey Citizen, read the e mail that I send you on Topix so I know it is really the Real Citizen.
I can't read your message because I disabled my topix messages. I'll call you in the afternoon, Sam.
BPT

New Britain, CT

#18 Aug 17, 2012
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you had posted that you worked at a store, and you used to own one, a long time ago.
Yes, I have watched people who have a very hard time quitting; I have one close friend who is literally smoking himself to death- he is the heaviest chain smoker I've ever seen. He already has had a heart attack at age 47 and he's still smoking like a fiend!
You won't see much of me on Topix for a while, at least until Phyllis and Lynne cut out the harassment.
it's true i used to work at stores and did own one, but i went out of business 26 years ago very astute of you the remember, i'm flattered.
i have a white collar job now. i can say this with no doubt, phyllis IS NOT posting, she has not posted in a real long time.
it does amuse me when i see all the false accusations that she is still posting.
and
if she did post under a different name i would understand why because of all the bullspit/ heartache some of the posters put her through.
keep posting pal, it is a fun outlet. and where else can you publicly voice your opinion about the world and it's issues.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#19 Aug 17, 2012
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you stop lying about Phyllis, I'll stop pestering you about lying about her.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#20 Aug 17, 2012
When he stops lying about Phyllis, I'll stop pestering him about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ganim holds fundraiser 15 hr BPT 5
News Preliminary plans unveiled for Remington Woods ... 16 hr American Gentlema... 4
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... 18 hr American Gentlema... 1
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Fri Commander Bunny 431
End game: Last day at Blinn's a sad end to a jo... Fri American Gentlema... 2
Milford Police: Man Exposed Himself at a Milfor... Fri American Gentlema... 5
News Gathering Of The Vibes 2015 Lineup Additions Fri BPT 2
More from around the web

Bridgeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]