Schools worker charged in thefts

Schools worker charged in thefts

There are 239 comments on the Connecticut Post story from May 12, 2008, titled Schools worker charged in thefts. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

An employee of a city after-school program was charged Monday with embezzling more than $15,000, forcing nursery school students to pay for fast food and trips to an amusement park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

amazed

Ronkonkoma, NY

#167 May 16, 2008
I find it very interesting that people think that the news paper would print an article about someones arrest and think that they didn't have the facts before printing it.
As an outsider who knows niether of these people it is some what amusing that all the people seem to think the principal is the bad guy when it is her who got arrested. Leaves some questions. I also find it amazing that people would attack parents from the school because they spoke out as others did. It is still AMERICA where we have freedom of speech, but I guess we will all find out on May23 when she goes back to court. I am also amazed that she still has a job, and if she didn't need the money as some have said then why did she do it? Seems to me that you all have taken sides and niether is willing to admit wrong doing. Now you have people accusing other people of receiving siding on their house, abortions, what are you idots doing here. I just find it all very amusing that you can't accept that she has been arrested for stealing money from children and charged with felony larceny, thats a big deal. No judge or prosicutor would sign off on an arrest warrant if there was proof to back it up.
Advocate

Trumbull, CT

#168 May 16, 2008
amazed wrote:
I find it very interesting that people think that the news paper would print an article about someones arrest and think that they didn't have the facts before printing it.
As an outsider who knows niether of these people it is some what amusing that all the people seem to think the principal is the bad guy when it is her who got arrested. Leaves some questions. I also find it amazing that people would attack parents from the school because they spoke out as others did. It is still AMERICA where we have freedom of speech, but I guess we will all find out on May23 when she goes back to court. I am also amazed that she still has a job, and if she didn't need the money as some have said then why did she do it? Seems to me that you all have taken sides and niether is willing to admit wrong doing. Now you have people accusing other people of receiving siding on their house, abortions, what are you idots doing here. I just find it all very amusing that you can't accept that she has been arrested for stealing money from children and charged with felony larceny, thats a big deal. No judge or prosicutor would sign off on an arrest warrant if there was proof to back it up.
I have to agree with you. Not knowing all the little "inside" details, other than what I am reading here, I find it strange that there has been a charge of felony larceny without substantial evidence to make an arrest.

This appears to be such a high profile issue (based on the number of response to this blog)that I question an arrest without corroborating evidence.
Artis

Shelton, CT

#169 May 17, 2008
amazed wrote:
I find it very interesting that people think that the news paper would print an article about someones arrest and think that they didn't have the facts before printing it.
As an outsider who knows niether of these people it is some what amusing that all the people seem to think the principal is the bad guy when it is her who got arrested. Leaves some questions. I also find it amazing that people would attack parents from the school because they spoke out as others did. It is still AMERICA where we have freedom of speech, but I guess we will all find out on May23 when she goes back to court. I am also amazed that she still has a job, and if she didn't need the money as some have said then why did she do it? Seems to me that you all have taken sides and niether is willing to admit wrong doing. Now you have people accusing other people of receiving siding on their house, abortions, what are you idots doing here. I just find it all very amusing that you can't accept that she has been arrested for stealing money from children and charged with felony larceny, thats a big deal. No judge or prosicutor would sign off on an arrest warrant if there was proof to back it up.
She still has a job at another Bpt School (Read) with another loser, sex-addict female principal who takes Marcoccia wherever she goes.
What a sad scenario

AOL

#170 May 17, 2008
Having young children of my own,living a town over, i would have a very serious problem knowing that my children's principal was caring on the way this blog has stated. Wearing a tie with a obscene woman on the back of it; having porno in his office and on his computer; touching children and adults alike; sporting a girlfriend employed at the school; and on and on. Of course the lunch lady Robin loves her boss. He sided her house, gave her his car, etc. Putting things into perspective, the principal is a PIG and what really did happen to the mcdonald's money, did the children at the school pay for food they did not receive and pay for 6 flags and did not make the trip. Where is the superintendent in this sad scenario? Does he open his mouth, come around the building, does he see what is going on or does he just collect his pay and keep his door shut. I would be all over my superintendent if my children were exposed to such behavior. Try thinking about your children and the atmosphere that they are in and see what help you can give. Thomas Hooker School parents need class, they need to be told the truth instead of going on what is reported in these blogs. Don't believe everything you read. Stop being so ignorant. As for Maria, was she a teacher or a para? That simple question cannot even be answered so how can we believe anything else that has been written. The qualifications for the lighthouse program were changed however where they really? I have a friend who does not meet the "new" qualifications and is still working and very happy to do so. Sounds like lots of mixed signals going on here. Shape up Bridgeport!
Confused Reader

AOL

#171 May 17, 2008
I am a very confused reader. It is hard to believe everything that is written however there must be some truth to some of it. As for Maria there are very different stories. How could a person buy Mcdonalds food for children in a program and not give it to them. How could a trip to 6 flags be taken only for the children not to go. How can the principal of a school be a PIG as stated and the superintendent ingnore it. How could porno (as stated) be on the principal's computer and the superintendent ignore that as well. It sounds like the principal is buying Robin off in siding her house and co signing a loan as (stated above). I do not know the players in this school, but someone should step up to the plate. Parents, what are you thinking. Are you aware of what is going on? Are you helping your children by promoting such activity? Are you allowing money to be spent on food that is not given to your children? Are you condoning your principal's behavior as stated "PIG". I have a real problem with this and so should you. Get it together.
Carmen

Willimantic, CT

#172 May 17, 2008
Hey Carmen wrote:
Can you explained why she wrote a check on the schools account to buy her daughter a car?? Get a Clue, she's a scumbag just like her husband...
Its too bad you have no clue what you are saying. maybe you need to look inthe mirror, with your own family....then open your fat mouth!
michelle from Bridgeport

Willimantic, CT

#174 May 17, 2008
Maria Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally!! LEE, Thank you, thank you, well put -- you are right she doesnt need anyone's money because both her and her husband have worked hard all their lives, sacrificing for what they have!!! I've known them for a very long time and know how much they sacrificed family time due their jobs -- working to make an HONEST living to have what they have. We all know how stories like this one are EMBELLISHED because people love juicy gossip at the expense of an innocent family!
THERE IS A GOD! I SECOND AND THIRD THIS....OF ALL PEOPLE, THIS LADY IS PRESENTLY RECOVERING FROM BRAIN SURGERY....9TH ONE.....HASN'T SHE SUFFERED ENOUGH...AND THE ONES WHO ARE CASTING THE STONES, I'D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ARE ABOUT, YOU SHOULD SHUT UP AND ASK FOR PARDON......THESE PEOPLE COULDN'T BE ANY NICER.....KEEP SIDING WITH THAT PORN KING PIG, YOU TOO ONE DAY WILL BE IN FOR A BIG AWAKENING AND ITS COMING, DON'T YOU WORRY!!!!!!!!! I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.....I BACK MARIA AND HER FAMILY WITH MY LIFE.....CAN YOU SAY THE SAME FOR THAT PIG??? I DONT THINK SO.....
michelle from Bridgeport

Willimantic, CT

#175 May 17, 2008
amazed wrote:
I find it very interesting that people think that the news paper would print an article about someones arrest and think that they didn't have the facts before printing it.
As an outsider who knows niether of these people it is some what amusing that all the people seem to think the principal is the bad guy when it is her who got arrested. Leaves some questions. I also find it amazing that people would attack parents from the school because they spoke out as others did. It is still AMERICA where we have freedom of speech, but I guess we will all find out on May23 when she goes back to court. I am also amazed that she still has a job, and if she didn't need the money as some have said then why did she do it? Seems to me that you all have taken sides and niether is willing to admit wrong doing. Now you have people accusing other people of receiving siding on their house, abortions, what are you idots doing here. I just find it all very amusing that you can't accept that she has been arrested for stealing money from children and charged with felony larceny, thats a big deal. No judge or prosicutor would sign off on an arrest warrant if there was proof to back it up.

Because you don't know the facts, you should keep quiet....the principal was found guilty of /sexual harassent by at least 12 employees testifying and he is retaliating, setting her up with this nonsense.. okay, she goes to McDonalds and buys the kids food, and pockets the money????????? she goes to buy her daughter a car with the school money, when at the time she was having brain surgery and out of work for 5 months??????? she thats is why you need to mind your business....yes, he is a pig, and yes she is set up...and yes there is a God and he will reveal the truth.....do you feel better now, mr or mrs knowitall!!!!!!!!!!
AVA

Wellford, SC

#178 May 18, 2008
They all sound like winners..I guess you will not go to authorities for fear of reprisal but this is allowing this kind of behaviour to go on.
NonHookerParent

AOL

#182 May 18, 2008
YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT PEOPLE!!!!! THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE PRICIPAL....IT'S ABOUT A LADY THIEF!!! STOP TRYING TO MAKE HER OUT TO BE INNOCENT....SHE IS NOT!!! FORGET EVERYTHING ELSE JUST NOW! THIS IS A FRIENDSHIP THAT HAS GONE DOWN & REGARLESS OF WHO IS TRYING TO SET-UP WHO.....SHE IS GUILTY OF STEALING!!!! DON'T TRY PUTTING THE BLAME FOR WHAT SHE DID ELSEWHERE!!!
Truth

Brookfield, CT

#183 May 18, 2008
WOW! Maria has a lot of friends trying to ruin the principal's life once again.
Hopefully, justice will prevail. The issue isn't the principal. It is the money Maria stole and her arrest!!!
Can't you see the viciousness they display? Airing issues which have nothing to do with the arrest? Trying to make things look bad for the principal and staff members? Trying to take away the attention on what SHE did..... I wonder why????
Got something to hide, eh?
hooker school

Monroe, CT

#186 May 18, 2008
This is for Robin Mastre, I worked at Hooker School for a long time and with all due respect, i think what is going on with these blogs is terrible. I am not siding with Maria and going again Andrew, I simply need to say that this is so shocking how hatred you are reacting to Maria. All that comes to mind is the way Maria always praised you and your efforts. She looked at you as family, i remember her paying $100.00 so your son Michael could attend Nature's classroom, the remember all the gifts she would buy you and your children and grandchild, she made sure your had a nice meal on Mothers day, and when your dad passed away, she bragged to Andrew constantly about you, when you were upset with Micheal's teacher, she alwasy made sure Andrew would speak to you, she found out Michael was not to be chosen for the basketball team one year, and she pleaded with the coach that there was no way michael would not be a part of the team, and it goes on.....and i know you were close to her, bringing in birthday cakes on her birthday, and going to dinner with her and her husband at Vazzy's, with her husband paying the bill for the entire 6 people who came. Do you really BELIEVE that Maria took 15,000.00? that is ridiculous....i always saw what she did, and she never had that kind of malice, taking from kids, its the worse accusation. Maybe the bookkeeping had some sloppy things but thats it....she would never, and just the things she did for DJ also, did he also forget???? why are we making hooker school sound like such a hell hole...its time this needs to stop. I spoke to Maria when she got out of the hospital after just having a craniotomy brain surgery and with all this going on, she only said she doesn't know why Robin dislikes her somuch, she is in disbelief as I am. all the slander, defamation of character, and degrading ofher name, i refuse to believe that you really feel this way and if you do then you have been brainwashed somehow. Are you sure that Moran didn't put a spell on you? and for Andrew, Maria NEVER says the mans name, she has bigger things to worry about and to see her and think about your relationship is heart breaking. by the way, she shopped at your daughters bakery always and can't say enough good, even after all this. it's time to move on, stop this battle, its senseless and she didn't steal and is not a liar and the monster you are making her and i know you know this deep down too. let's just move to another chapter, let go and let it be what it will. by the way, you ran a bake sale with her years ago and raised $600.00 and i went shopping with her to get summer games and activities and she spent close to $700. and decided it would be her donation to the children. Now i can swear this in a court of law, so come on. i can't stand the thought of thomas hooker school and thats too bad to make such a nice place at one time into this battle field, Andrew, be a principal and STOP allowing this garbage. Allowing parents to run your school isn't going to get you far. let the energy go to the children! pathetic!!!!
hooker school

Monroe, CT

#187 May 18, 2008
STOP this bulls... t and concentrate on the school and the kids. Andrew Cimmino, grow up, stop bribing these uneducated parents and making them feel so important to side with you...you are such a looser.....stick to the job!!!!!
coward!!!!!!! If you are innocent, you don't need to bribe everyone or threaten them, grow the hell up!!!!!
woooooow

Monroe, CT

#188 May 18, 2008
DJ'S WIFE IS GOING TO KICK HIS BUTT. HE DOES SEEM TO PLAY THE SYMPAHTY GAME VERY GOOD. HE USE TO MAKE ALOT OF DEPOSITS FOR MARIA. I GUESS THATS WHAT HE DOES, MAKE DEPOSITS. NO WONDER YOUR WIFE IS SO PARINOID.
disgusted

Ronkonkoma, NY

#191 May 18, 2008
It sure does sound like alot of you people are just trying to discredit alot of people who just might know the truth and are the ones who could put the nail in her coffin.
Concerned future parent

Trumbull, CT

#192 May 18, 2008
oh mamma mia, i cant believe this.....i just hear this story and i get bugs in my stomach.....how can this happen....why did this happen....being a roman catholic this is unjust.....she should not be near kids or even her kids......she probably stole from her own.......something should be done i dont know what but oh mamma mia something should be done.........and furthermore why does she get to go to Great Adventure.....we didnt have these kinds of fringe benefits in the trumbull public school system...
Team Marcoccia

Buena Park, CA

#193 May 18, 2008
Truth wrote:
WOW! Maria has a lot of friends trying to ruin the principal's life once again.
Hopefully, justice will prevail. The issue isn't the principal. It is the money Maria stole and her arrest!!!
Can't you see the viciousness they display? Airing issues which have nothing to do with the arrest? Trying to make things look bad for the principal and staff members? Trying to take away the attention on what SHE did..... I wonder why????
Got something to hide, eh?
The Fact is the principal is the one in charge of the school - not Maria or the security guard nor the lunch lady! This behavior is unprofessional and the school moral is exteremly poor, it starts from the top down. These two friends have gone wrong for whatever reason and sounds like they both misused this account and are blaming the other. Didn't the principal use candy sale $ and said he would put the money in the account and never did! Asking affidavits from the school staff to go against another, how does that look? Any those that would not make up these false affidavits (like Joe Dobbins) had to leave the district because he went against him! Let's see where does it all START!
woooooow

Monroe, CT

#194 May 18, 2008
DID CIMMINO GET HIS JOB BACK BECAUSE HE HAS A LAW SUIT AGAINST THE BOE 2.5 MILLION. GOD KNOWS THEY CANT AFFORD ANOTHER 2 MILL. LAWSUIT
Bob Zimmerman

AOL

#195 May 18, 2008
I simply have to say that I am amazed at how gullible people are when it comes to the truth. Also, it is amazing to see that a lie repeated over and over comes to have its own patina of truth to those who have no mind to simply look at the facts.
For the record, in order for them to have gotten an arrest, a judge signed off on it because a prosecutor signed off on it because a detective has solid concrete proof of a crime. That is the way the legal system works in the arena of financial crimes.
Our legal system is based on evidence and the rule of law.
Whoever this Maria is, she has already been successful at refocusing her arrest as an instance of martyrdom.
As Joe Friday always stated " Just the facts, ma'am".
afriendwhoknows

Rocky Mount, NC

#196 May 18, 2008
Level Play wrote:
If she really did this, she is a POS. Someone like that should serve jail time because it wasn't just larceny, it was FRAUD!!!
are you people kiding me? Okay - so she opened an account without anyone knowing?? So if no one knew about it, where did she get the money to deposit into it?? And if no one gave her the money, than how did she spend any of it??? Heres the scoop...I hope I get to meet Cimmino in a dark alley...He is a womanizer who was under investigation for sexual harrasement charges and this is how he fights back..She did not, and would not do it. The family is a stand up family, and do very well..They certainly dont need to be stealing or pocketing $200 from McDOnlads....God you people are so stupid...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Old, opulent theaters trigger magnificent memories 7 hr Gavone 3
News Restaurant Road Trip: Brewport a " Pizza Hot Of... 7 hr Gavone 3
News Car stolen from Trumbull mall 7 hr Gavone 2
News Ex-teacher pleads not guilty to sex assault of ... Wed America Gentleman... 2
News Casey Cummings Wed America Gentleman... 2
News Bridgeport Dems' convention exposes bitter riva... Wed WorkAvoider 3
News Man Who Served Time In Ganim Case Arrested In D... Tue America Gentleman... 1

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages