Former Monroe exec helps run Bridgeport

Former Monroe exec helps run Bridgeport

There are 17 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Mar 22, 2008, titled Former Monroe exec helps run Bridgeport. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

After six years as Monroe's first selectman, Andrew Nunn was looking for something different.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

upyourblogospher e

AOL

#1 Mar 22, 2008
Nunn didn't run for re-election in Monroe because he knew that he couldn't win re-election after selling-out his once-buccolic town to developers -- Ganim style... He knew that the people of Monroe would rather not have Nunn...

Drive up Route 25 and Route 111 and see the devastation of the Nunn years... The "Two Andys" -- Nunn and Monroe PZC Chairman (up until December), Andrew Abate -- the long-time, and current, Bridgeport WPCA director who provided Mayor Joe Ganim with free sewers for his Sailor's Lane house (and still hasn't been brought up on charges for it!...)-- both worked together to try to get the "farmland" designation removed from Monroe's zoning regulations, among other developer-inspired, anti-resident/anti-environment initiatives.

Of course, Finch being of the same ilk, and being paid-off by the same developers, brought another crook into his den-of-thieves in Bridgeport -- where Nunn fits right in...

So much for Nunn "helping to run Bridgeport" (farther into the ground!)...
Monroe Resident

Durham, CT

#2 Mar 23, 2008
God help the residents of Bridgeport....Nunn was a puppet of the Monroe BOE and now he's a puppet of Finch. Has he looked in a mirror lately? He needs to shave...he looks ridiculous.
Ellen O

Edison, NJ

#3 Mar 23, 2008
What is Mayor Finch going to do if Nunn is going to do all his work? What do we need a mayor for? Since he plans on working on his laptop at home, he doesn't even need to come into the city at all. I'd like to see a list of how many people on the city payroll don't even live here.
P O Taxpayer

Paterson, NJ

#4 Mar 23, 2008
Another blatant example of cronyism.Do we REALLY need this guy at $114,000 a yr?What actual work will he do?Zero ,zip ,nada.Who voted for this Finch anyway????
So True

Brookfield, CT

#5 Mar 23, 2008
upyourblogosphere wrote:
Nunn didn't run for re-election in Monroe because he knew that he couldn't win re-election after selling-out his once-buccolic town to developers -- Ganim style... He knew that the people of Monroe would rather not have Nunn...
Drive up Route 25 and Route 111 and see the devastation of the Nunn years... The "Two Andys" -- Nunn and Monroe PZC Chairman (up until December), Andrew Abate -- the long-time, and current, Bridgeport WPCA director who provided Mayor Joe Ganim with free sewers for his Sailor's Lane house (and still hasn't been brought up on charges for it!...)-- both worked together to try to get the "farmland" designation removed from Monroe's zoning regulations, among other developer-inspired, anti-resident/anti-environment initiatives.
Of course, Finch being of the same ilk, and being paid-off by the same developers, brought another crook into his den-of-thieves in Bridgeport -- where Nunn fits right in...
So much for Nunn "helping to run Bridgeport" (farther into the ground!)...
I agree with your comments about the loss of rural character Monroe has suffered... he sold out Monroe. It seems to me the rate of development during his tenure far outpaced that over the past decade. And never did I read about so many zoning revisions in order to accomodate the developers. Now the next problem is the traffic issues along roadways not designed to accomodate the traffic all these new businesses are generating. Economic development must be done responsibly with a true sense of what the impact will be. Too much, too fast is not good.
So True

Brookfield, CT

#6 Mar 23, 2008
After reading the article and about his educational background I understand why he approached his job the way he did in Monroe. After reading that he grew up in Monroe (so did I, his mother was my teacher at Fawn Hollow in the early 70's) I understand why he wanted to develop the town the way he did. Most kids growing up in Monroe 35 years ago longed to "get out" of the small town. Only after seeing the rest of the country did I realize what Monroe really had... that sweet country charm... which is fading. If the job was to develop the community.. then he did good. If it was to preserve the rural character of the community... then he failed miserably in my eyes. He seems to be hardworking and one who can get a job done, just be sure he's working toward what the people want!
Wiskers

Brookfield, CT

#7 Mar 23, 2008
Monroe Resident wrote:
God help the residents of Bridgeport....Nunn was a puppet of the Monroe BOE and now he's a puppet of Finch. Has he looked in a mirror lately? He needs to shave...he looks ridiculous.
I've never seen him clean shaven... I always thought it had something to do with his religion. There was an article in the Monroe Courier years ago(I think it was about the new Mosk in Monroe) when he compared Stepney, CT with Stepney, England, a Muslim community which was referred to as our "sister" city. Then again, he's a busy guy.. maybe no time to shave.
pwilson

Sandy Hook, CT

#8 Mar 23, 2008
Andrew Nunn is being paid 114,858.00 to be the Mayor of Bridgeport.

What Finch does is anyones guess.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#9 Mar 23, 2008
TYPO ALERT: should have said "Former Monroe exec helps _ruin_ Bridgeport".
Sickening

Waterbury, CT

#10 Mar 24, 2008
Wow Phil white a Republican turned Democrat.. hired for a city job.. did he turn democrat just to get the job or what? Did any other city employees in unions apply for that same job and get denied for cronyism? sickening
Frustrated BPT Resident

Ridgefield, CT

#13 Mar 24, 2008
Another example of it doesn't matter what you know, it is WHO you know.
Sickening

Waterbury, CT

#14 Mar 25, 2008
Why isn't anybody INVESTIGATING the way certain UNIONS in the city are ALLOWING the administration to fill UNION positions with non union (friends). Isn't this against the law? Why did the city of bpt have the job opening of Ezequiel santiago (councilman) posted in the "Personnel" Office for the past two weeks , right after the article was posted in ConnPost that this UNION position was already filled? Aren't Union members supposed to get a chance to fill these positions first? Is that why they put a FAKE sign up sheet up? TOO LATE the Post already exposed you and if you knew what the right thing to do is, you (THE ADMINISTRATION) would go by the law. Why is the Personnel Director saying anything of this illegal activity? Is it because that person shares the same last name as Finch? ILLEGAL THINGS WILL LAND YOU BEHIND BARS. DO THE RIGHT THING. You are all being watched.
union member

Ronkonkoma, NY

#15 Mar 27, 2008
Sickening wrote:
Wow Phil white a Republican turned Democrat.. hired for a city job.. did he turn democrat just to get the job or what? Did any other city employees in unions apply for that same job and get denied for cronyism? sickening
what city job did he get and who is phil white
An observer

Edison, NJ

#16 Mar 27, 2008
The union leaders and Bridgeport politicians have been in bed together for years. It was a union and Democrats that were the cause of my job going overseas. I'll never join again.
Annoyed

Edison, NJ

#17 Mar 27, 2008
It's bad enough that jobs have gone overseas, but now we have to pay the salaries of our esteemed mayor's friends who don't even live in the city and don't pay the taxes.
Isnt he

Stratford, CT

#18 Mar 27, 2008
I believe he works in the benefits personnel office. he handles all fmla requests.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#19 Feb 27, 2013
Nunn and Finch are not good for Bridgeport.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New bridges now open on SB Route 8/25 17 hr America Gentleman... 1
News Barnum Festival going out with a bang 17 hr America Gentleman... 7
News Pleasure Beach in Bridgeport 17 hr America Gentleman... 1
News Photos: Workers put last pieces on new Route 8/... Jun 20 Samuels Furnace Man 3
News Naked teens charged with having sex on McLevy H... (Aug '09) Jun 16 ffctguitar 173
News Diners: You know them, they know you (Jan '09) Jun 16 hipchef99 15
News Stfd. deputy police chief to retire (Dec '08) Jun 16 Hal 2,440
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages