Bridgeport gun buyback nets 650 weapons

Feb 20, 2013 Full story: Connecticut Post 35

After a temporary suspension because of last week's snowstorm, the Police Department's gun buyback program is back in full swing.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pete

Danbury, CT

#22 Feb 26, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
So some inner city family has a piece laying around for protection, dad dies, junior is now a teenager and getting into trouble, you think that household ought to have that gun still laying around for the kid to find it? Come on, some guns are best not left laying around.
Good point although the inner city children usually live with grandma.
Lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#23 Feb 27, 2013
Too many people have the misconception that by creating laws to control people's behavior, they are or will be, completely safe simply because now some politician told them that this is the way to go. I don't know about you but I'm really tired of hearing the phrase, "let's do something NOW", all based on the Newtown shootings. Yes, it was a terrible tragedy but let's not lose our focus on what needs to be done and stop with these knee-jerk reactions for more gun laws.
Too often we are misled by these vote-hungry-action-seeking political charlatans and if we are not on our guard they will destroy any and all of our natural freedoms.
People need to THINK more of the end-game. What are we actually trying to accomplish without taking away our daily freedom of living? By restricting our behavior to the point of us asking ourselves more so than not, "am I allowed to do this", or "I don't think this is legal anymore", we've already lost basic freedoms and are headed down the wrong path. We're supposed to live in the pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and freedom. From the latest verbal garbage that's coming out of Washington and even our own Governor Malloy's mouth it seems they have a different agenda all for their own political resume'.
How many laws do we have so far? Are we still killing each other?'nuff said.
BPT

United States

#24 Feb 27, 2013
Lifeisshort wrote:
Too many people have the misconception that by creating laws to control people's behavior, they are or will be, completely safe simply because now some politician told them that this is the way to go. I don't know about you but I'm really tired of hearing the phrase, "let's do something NOW", all based on the Newtown shootings. Yes, it was a terrible tragedy but let's not lose our focus on what needs to be done and stop with these knee-jerk reactions for more gun laws.
Too often we are misled by these vote-hungry-action-seeking political charlatans and if we are not on our guard they will destroy any and all of our natural freedoms.
People need to THINK more of the end-game. What are we actually trying to accomplish without taking away our daily freedom of living? By restricting our behavior to the point of us asking ourselves more so than not, "am I allowed to do this", or "I don't think this is legal anymore", we've already lost basic freedoms and are headed down the wrong path. We're supposed to live in the pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and freedom. From the latest verbal garbage that's coming out of Washington and even our own Governor Malloy's mouth it seems they have a different agenda all for their own political resume'.
How many laws do we have so far? Are we still killing each other?'nuff said.
What do you suggest we do about the inner city animals who are allowed to carry guns and run around free at night on drugs and murdering? Currently nothing is being done, and when someone speaks up against the violence, sk*mbag liberals (and closet liberals) cry "racism" as if that`s more important than us living amongst domestic terrorists.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

#25 Feb 27, 2013
Well of course you're right, Lifeisshort. You can't legislate morality! But damn if they're not TRYING to!

And I'm afraid the majority of those political charlatans have been in power for too long. They will not relinquish it without a fight. "Do as I say, not as I do" is and always has been their motto. We've got to get out from under their thumbs but unless and until the majority of the voters get this, we're doomed. Unfortunately, the majority of voters have now figured out they can vote themselves free stuff by voting for the charlatans! Only they don't realize the thing they treasure most, their FREEDOM, is what is being taken away from them so they can have their "free stuff", i.e. food stamps, health care, subsidized housing. You know, the stuff we, the taxpayers, are paying for? Because we know damn well it's not our REPRESENTATIVES who are paying for this! It's we the PEOPLE, who our representatives don't represent anymore! But as long as people are getting their free stuff, our real freedoms will be compromised.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#26 Feb 27, 2013
Lynne
Would you ever sell your gun? Have a good windy day.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

#27 Feb 27, 2013
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Lynne
Would you ever sell your gun? Have a good windy day.
Hi Sam. No, I would not sell any of them.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

#28 Feb 27, 2013
You have a good day, too!
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#29 Feb 27, 2013
Just saw on the news down here another tragedy in Ct. A grandmother picked up her 2 year old Grandson from day care with his sister 6 months old in the car.She was going to bring him to his Birthday party.She drove to a unknown location instead of bringing him home , shot the kids and herself illing them all.She does have a history of mental illness.

Location hidden

#30 Feb 27, 2013
Lynne
You must have more then one gun. Good for you. Have a nice day. Rain is better then snow.

Location hidden

#31 Feb 27, 2013
#29 is a sad story. The children are in Heaven which is a good thing.
BPT

Bristol, CT

#32 Feb 27, 2013
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
#29 is a sad story. The children are in Heaven which is a good thing.
agree. TRAGIC
Lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#33 Feb 28, 2013
LynneB wrote:
Well of course you're right, Lifeisshort. You can't legislate morality! But damn if they're not TRYING to!
And I'm afraid the majority of those political charlatans have been in power for too long. They will not relinquish it without a fight. "Do as I say, not as I do" is and always has been their motto. We've got to get out from under their thumbs but unless and until the majority of the voters get this, we're doomed. Unfortunately, the majority of voters have now figured out they can vote themselves free stuff by voting for the charlatans! Only they don't realize the thing they treasure most, their FREEDOM, is what is being taken away from them so they can have their "free stuff", i.e. food stamps, health care, subsidized housing. You know, the stuff we, the taxpayers, are paying for? Because we know damn well it's not our REPRESENTATIVES who are paying for this! It's we the PEOPLE, who our representatives don't represent anymore! But as long as people are getting their free stuff, our real freedoms will be compromised.
You're absolutely correct, LynneB. Nice comment and very true.
So where do we go from here? Most of our politicians are either useless or helpless against the political tide of corruption and greed.
Lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#34 Feb 28, 2013
AVA-AVA-AVA wrote:
Just saw on the news down here another tragedy in Ct. A grandmother picked up her 2 year old Grandson from day care with his sister 6 months old in the car.She was going to bring him to his Birthday party.She drove to a unknown location instead of bringing him home , shot the kids and herself illing them all.She does have a history of mental illness.
Not to inflict anymore pain on the family, but if the family already knew about the mental condition of this grandmother, and to be on the safe side of their children, why wouldn't the parents disallow the children to be taken out of the center by the grandmother in the first place? As far as I know every center or school that I've come across you tell them who is allowed and who is NOT allowed to take the children out. Even though this is their grandmother why take chances especially since they knew that she had a condition. I'm sure someone in the family knew that she owned a gun. I mean, how, when and where did she come in possession of it? Someone knew. Very sad and could have been avoided.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

#35 Feb 28, 2013
Lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>You're absolutely correct, LynneB. Nice comment and very true.
So where do we go from here? Most of our politicians are either useless or helpless against the political tide of corruption and greed.
Thank you. The only suggestion I have is to oust ALL of them and start from scratch. But the potential for people to become corrupt is always there.

Location hidden

#36 Feb 28, 2013
Very true, Lynne.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where's ava??? (May '08) 1 hr Citizen44 32
merry christmas (Dec '08) 15 hr ANiMALS 8
Hello Christmas time (Dec '11) 17 hr American Gentlema... 48
Christmas Tree Festival a Wonderland of Treats ... (Dec '10) 18 hr ANiMALS 13
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 22 hr Cottinz Pickinz 339
The need for an NAACP chapter Sat Nate 9
Bass Pro Shops' promises often fall short Sat ctprs 9

Bridgeport News Video

Bridgeport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bridgeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bridgeport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bridgeport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]