whats up with the water?

Posted in the Bridgeport Forum

curious

Hixson, TN

#1 Jun 9, 2012
Is the water from the river really safe? I mean they have found traces in our surrounding waterways for the flesh eating bacteria. 2 kids died from whitwell from this. If this is so the mayor needs to warn people to not to go in the water if they have an open sore or wound but i quess that wouldnt matter if your swallowing it. Notice all the dead fish floating and its not around the boat ramps either they r everywhere....kinda scarey.
Just Saying

Cleveland, TN

#2 Jun 11, 2012
curious wrote:
Is the water from the river really safe? I mean they have found traces in our surrounding waterways for the flesh eating bacteria. 2 kids died from whitwell from this. If this is so the mayor needs to warn people to not to go in the water if they have an open sore or wound but i quess that wouldnt matter if your swallowing it. Notice all the dead fish floating and its not around the boat ramps either they r everywhere....kinda scarey.
There was a woman in SP that lost her hand due to some flesh eating bacteria out of the river, and don't forget about the Coach, that is having issues caused by the river. I say just stay out of it all together.
uh huh

Morristown, TN

#3 Jun 22, 2012
and consider this. the local drinking water comes from the river. so many chemicals in it to make it clean enough to drink. what about those chemicals? what about the old dump sites that have who knows what in them affecting the ground water. That waste goes right to the storm drains and water system. The area is a pocket of cancer patients. something causes that. not the meat you ate as a kid. come on folks! people should be very worried about What is in the water!?
Faye

Decatur, TN

#4 Jun 23, 2012
uh huh wrote:
and consider this. the local drinking water comes from the river. so many chemicals in it to make it clean enough to drink. what about those chemicals? what about the old dump sites that have who knows what in them affecting the ground water. That waste goes right to the storm drains and water system. The area is a pocket of cancer patients. something causes that. not the meat you ate as a kid. come on folks! people should be very worried about What is in the water!?
Where does the bottle water come from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fridays restaurant sorry place for employment Mar 24 Mark 13
She is gut tub ugly Mar 23 hood 2
voo doo spells Mar 23 Kimbo 2
beaulieu snow policy Mar 22 Facts 8
Debi Hughes Mar 22 movie man 1
News Two arrested after investigators allegedly find... (Feb '14) Mar 20 been there 3
News Double Homicide in Bridgeport Alabama (Oct '06) Mar 3 judy adams mom 19
Bridgeport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bridgeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]