Do you think Bubba Hughes is Competant?
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Ace

Chattanooga, TN

#163 Apr 12, 2010
Nobody is guilty of stealing. Maybe they take care of their friends for votes and do a lot of usless spending. That is why the city is in the condition it is in. When you do something for people for a vote and use cit workers, and city material it is called a "conflict of interest" and the ethics comission is the only people who can do anything about it. Theres not any stealing going on. You people make all of these aquisations and nothing to substantiate it. GET REAL
CCB

Stone Mountain, GA

#164 May 9, 2012
Will he get back into office?

Has he worked for the people or worked for his own wallet and property acquisition?

Hmmm...we can look and know the answer...
mccram68

Jasper, TN

#165 May 9, 2012
You know, this man has worked his entire life, supported his wife, children, grandchildren, takes pride in his home, our town, etc. I don't know that much about him personally, other than that.

I do know that you can call him with any problem you have, matter of fact even at home (LOL I have!)& he'll try to help you with it, or will direct you to the right people that will help you.

I've seen him out in the hot sun, sweating right along with the other employees of the city, or in the freezing cold WORKING, for years, before and after he became mayor. Unlike several mayors from all over (not just Bridgeport) that I've seen sit on their rears & not do anything to help anyone but THEMSELVES.

I noticed the city (along with our mayor) putting in new sidewalks, getting old rickety roads repaved, trying to get Bridgeport back in shape for God knows what reason, because no one in this town seems to have RESPECT for it or each other anymore.

That's a shame too because I grew up here & love this little town and the people here & have so many memories of it being a safe, beautiful little town that I was not afraid to walk down the street in. I'd like to see it become that town again, if it's possible.

So whoever gets the job, I hope they are a hard WORKER & are not just trying to get voted in to pad their own pockets & will do justice to Bridgeport & it's residents.

I don't care if they have a master's degree in whatever, or if they are a high school graduate, as long as they have Bridgeport's best interests at heart.
Aaron

Chattanooga, TN

#166 May 10, 2012
You people need to get your facts right before you make comments that you can't back up. Go to the City Hall and go through the minutes. The minutes is the actual history of the city. Read them. Educate yourself before you start making accusations towards people. It is easy to tell lies about people and hurt their character. You will have to answer to God one day for all of the lies you make up, and what you have to say about people.
WTF

Hixson, TN

#167 Jul 18, 2012
NO, he is not educated and if he didnt have connections to help him out , he would not have made it this far!
WTF

Hixson, TN

#168 Jul 18, 2012
He's lining up his pawns!
Jack

Chattanooga, TN

#169 Jul 21, 2012
WTF wrote:
NO, he is not educated and if he didnt have connections to help him out , he would not have made it this far!
Your are right Jim Hughes is one of the connections.
Resident

Cleveland, TN

#170 Jul 22, 2012
I myself have concerns with Bridgeport. I set hear and read the comments people make and it amazes me how cruel and judgemental some of you are. I honestly think taking the role of mayor is somewhat like rausing children. Fact is this. There are a select few that set here type responses to someone elses thoughts or judgements. I do know Bubba Hughes tries his hardest to help people. He came to my house gave me money for gas and tried to help me get a job here locally. How many of you guys that have cast all these stones at him would try to help someone that you knew had been struggling for almost two YRS after being terminated from a job when you got hurt. Honestly I don't know about the mans education. I don't know about things that go on behind closed doors with this man. This is one thing I do know Bubba Hughes has a heart for the people and this small city. Yes he may make some promises that are hard for him to fulfill and may not get done the second you ask about it but the man gives it his all. He has to make decisions everyday that you an I never know about! Another thing I have seen countless times people saying things about his children. News flash this man may not be the biological father I don't know. But I'll say this HE IS DAMN GREAT FATHER TO HIS CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN . You guys should be thankful to have him as a mayor and a friend. Just some food for thought froman outsider!
Level Headed

Jasper, TN

#171 Jul 23, 2012
The voters will make the final decision regardless of what is said about who, everyone already has a pick.
citizen

Hixson, TN

#172 Jul 24, 2012
Bridgeport Voter wrote:
Bubba is a dumb ass for a fact. He is a crook for a fact and when he puts the dam utility tax on all that voted for him he will not never be mayor again.
Interesting comment, I had forgotten about the tax thing.
just saying

Jasper, TN

#173 Jul 25, 2012
Resident wrote:
I myself have concerns with Bridgeport. I set hear and read the comments people make and it amazes me how cruel and judgemental some of you are. I honestly think taking the role of mayor is somewhat like rausing children. Fact is this. There are a select few that set here type responses to someone elses thoughts or judgements. I do know Bubba Hughes tries his hardest to help people. He came to my house gave me money for gas and tried to help me get a job here locally. How many of you guys that have cast all these stones at him would try to help someone that you knew had been struggling for almost two YRS after being terminated from a job when you got hurt. Honestly I don't know about the mans education. I don't know about things that go on behind closed doors with this man. This is one thing I do know Bubba Hughes has a heart for the people and this small city. Yes he may make some promises that are hard for him to fulfill and may not get done the second you ask about it but the man gives it his all. He has to make decisions everyday that you an I never know about! Another thing I have seen countless times people saying things about his children. News flash this man may not be the biological father I don't know. But I'll say this HE IS DAMN GREAT FATHER TO HIS CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN . You guys should be thankful to have him as a mayor and a friend. Just some food for thought froman outsider!
You stated that "I don't know about things that go on behind closed doors with this man." So how can you turn around and say "HE IS DAMN GREAT FATHER TO HIS CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN". Just saying
Joan

Ringgold, GA

#174 Jul 25, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated that "I don't know about things that go on behind closed doors with this man." So how can you turn around and say "HE IS DAMN GREAT FATHER TO HIS CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN". Just saying
Because they say he is.And I know he is.
Joan

Chattanooga, TN

#175 Jul 26, 2012
The wind sure is blowing hard it blew over Hughes and Thompson's sign at the Y'
just saying

Jasper, TN

#176 Jul 27, 2012
Joan wrote:
<quoted text>Because they say he is.And I know he is.
Oh if they say it, then it must be true because none of them would ever lie about anything haha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are all the snitches in Jackson county Alab... Wed Toby 4
Free barbecue Stevenson Park Tue Toby 1
What ever happened to Matthew Glass Mon backwoodsoutlaw99 2
Free chicken Jan 15 Wondering 1
Dominos Jan 14 Peewee 4
cooper Jan 13 horny student 3
News Alabama shakes: Small earthquakes are common bu... Jan 13 look up Madrid Fault 1

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages