Do you think Bubba Hughes is Competant?

Posted in the Bridgeport Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Psychology Professor

Chattanooga, TN

#1 Sep 23, 2009
I don't think this man has enough sense to get out of the rain, much less head a City. He has no education, and especially no common sense, and what tops it all is that the people of Bridgeport elected this Buffoon as their leader. Are the people of this little impoverished town so desperate they would elect such an embarrassment to the Community? I was born and raised there, and have only read about what is going on now. I know the History, which is very significant in one treasures of knowledge, but these "Bubbas" are a significant embarrassment to our forefathers and their achievements. We need to exert our historical history and out Bridgeport on the Map!!!
John

Covington, LA

#2 Sep 23, 2009
Psychology Professor wrote:
I don't think this man has enough sense to get out of the rain, much less head a City. He has no education, and especially no common sense, and what tops it all is that the people of Bridgeport elected this Buffoon as their leader. Are the people of this little impoverished town so desperate they would elect such an embarrassment to the Community? I was born and raised there, and have only read about what is going on now. I know the History, which is very significant in one treasures of knowledge, but these "Bubbas" are a significant embarrassment to our forefathers and their achievements. We need to exert our historical history and out Bridgeport on the Map!!!
Nobody gives a rats ass what you think.
Citizennof40 years

Chattanooga, TN

#3 Sep 23, 2009
yesh, but my wife and children VOTE!
vols

South Pittsburg, TN

#4 Sep 24, 2009
first time i have seen a psychology professor take the low road on someone, leaving me to believe you do not understand the theory of psychology.
belittling someone makes you a lesser person not a psychology professor
Bridgeport Sucks

Lynnville, TN

#5 Sep 24, 2009
Psychology Professor wrote:
Hello Patti.
Bridgeport Voter

Jasper, TN

#6 Sep 24, 2009
Bubba is a dumb ass for a fact. He is a crook for a fact and when he puts the dam utility tax on all that voted for him he will not never be mayor again.
Patti

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Sep 24, 2009
Bridgeport Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Patti.
Again this wasn't me. A$$hole. Stop blaming me for every bit of intelligence that comes on here. I appreciate it but I don't have time. Here's a real question from Patti Bradford Fink: When a person declares himself/herself to be a candidate for office don't they have to complete some sort of qualifications/resume document? Wouldn't that paper have to be filed for public record? Did ya'll really elect a person not knowing wether they were qualified? Or was Tom Beck correct when he was looking for qualifications and got busted for trying? And for the record...I agree with the Professor in part. Not completely because I don't know if Bubba ever got more than his Bridgeport HS education.
old x citizen

Newport, TN

#9 Sep 24, 2009
bridgeport has went down hill every sinse i left in the early 80's ray janey paid me to come back and vote for him every time he ran for office' john queer lewis also paid.bubba sold pill's for years to young people. as far as larry mcclain he has never been nothing but a drunk and a coke head jf you dont like stinker's place dont let it get out or you will be in trouble with the law ricky T you no they are watching you alway,s trying to keep you down move across the state line and let them have that shit hole. and yes the payne boys are crooks just like their uncle ray castle. people in b port go to church one day and kiss the devil on the lips the next all the good people had enough sense to leave or are on their way out, god bless keneth story one of the few good men left in bridgeport look back and see how many young people he helped it's hard to count them all I see a lot of people in bridgeport going to jail soon because someone like me is watching CLOSE see you very soon to clean that place up. YOURS TRULY OLD CITIZEN.
Gambler

Fort Oglethorpe, GA

#10 Sep 24, 2009
old x citizen wrote:
bridgeport has went down hill every sinse i left in the early 80's ray janey paid me to come back and vote for him every time he ran for office' john queer lewis also paid.bubba sold pill's for years to young people. as far as larry mcclain he has never been nothing but a drunk and a coke head jf you dont like stinker's place dont let it get out or you will be in trouble with the law ricky T you no they are watching you alway,s trying to keep you down move across the state line and let them have that shit hole. and yes the payne boys are crooks just like their uncle ray castle. people in b port go to church one day and kiss the devil on the lips the next all the good people had enough sense to leave or are on their way out, god bless keneth story one of the few good men left in bridgeport look back and see how many young people he helped it's hard to count them all I see a lot of people in bridgeport going to jail soon because someone like me is watching CLOSE see you very soon to clean that place up. YOURS TRULY OLD CITIZEN.
I guess you play poker with ole Ken every week downtown or maybe go on some of his trips with Rickey Hogsed and Squrrel Bellomy.I guess you are a saint also.Get a fuckin life.I know alot of good men in this town but Rod is way down the list.
Bama

Chattanooga, TN

#11 Sep 24, 2009
amen Gambler
Grow up--

Richmond, KY

#12 Sep 24, 2009
Bubba is a GREAT man..grow up and find someone better too talk about!! like your self!!!!!!!!!!
Samantha

Columbia, TN

#13 Sep 26, 2009
Well, for one Bubba is my father and I see why he says to not get on here to listen to this garbage. My father is a smart man that would give someone in need anything he could. What really upsets me is how hard I see him working to straighten up the town we live in so that we can be proud of it while every one of you sit on your ass and do nothing. If you actually made an attempt to help then you could have the right to complain. Half of the people on this forum are probably the people that come to the house asking for Bubba to give you money.You people are ridiculous!!! Do you not realize how big of a 'hole' he's having to dig us out of so that we can have something in this town? Be thankful or is that too much to ask?
so what

Madisonville, TN

#14 Sep 26, 2009
hey since we are talking crap about folks i heard samantha is a lesbian
Tootie

United States

#15 Sep 26, 2009
Bridgeport Voter wrote:
Bubba is a dumb ass for a fact. He is a crook for a fact and when he puts the dam utility tax on all that voted for him he will not never be mayor again.
He can't do it buy himself.
southern girl

Hixson, TN

#16 Sep 26, 2009
sometimes you want to believe in someone because you like them until they show you who they really are. When someone shows you who they are- believe them. Not meaning to be vicious, just what I think.
bystander

Hixson, TN

#17 Sep 26, 2009
Competent?hmmm, I do think that he is in over his head and if he didn't have people to help him behind the scenes and people that give him their input(to their advantage of course)that it would be onvious by now, and it kind of is anyway. You need more than a few "go to people" to do a good job and represent yourself well in a public position. He will coast through because this is a small city. If this were a more prominent place he would be left behind. Face it, there aren't that many changes happening, and results i what people want. He also is getting a reputation for doing city business on utility time, that does not look good. It makes him look like he is using the good ole boy system. Stand up like a mayor, be responsible, don't lie to people, don't let more powerful people run their ideas over you- especially if it you know it is wrong or if it even feels wrong. Show yourself to be the man your supporters believe you are and you should do fine. But do your actual best, lose the crooked stuff.
Bama Man

Chattanooga, TN

#18 Sep 28, 2009
Samantha wrote:
Well, for one Bubba is my father and I see why he says to not get on here to listen to this garbage. My father is a smart man that would give someone in need anything he could. What really upsets me is how hard I see him working to straighten up the town we live in so that we can be proud of it while every one of you sit on your ass and do nothing. If you actually made an attempt to help then you could have the right to complain. Half of the people on this forum are probably the people that come to the house asking for Bubba to give you money.You people are ridiculous!!! Do you not realize how big of a 'hole' he's having to dig us out of so that we can have something in this town? Be thankful or is that too much to ask?
hahaha, he dug the hole hes trying to get out of.
mandi

Charlotte, NC

#19 Sep 28, 2009
so what wrote:
hey since we are talking crap about folks i heard samantha is a lesbian
You are so stupid.
curious

United States

#20 Oct 15, 2009
old x citizen wrote:
Give us a clue who you are ?
KARLA

United States

#21 Oct 15, 2009
Yeah I would like to know who you are too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
srth 22 hr Juju 2
News Stevenson unveils a new historical marker for A... Aug 13 One2one 5
Shop rite Aug 13 Nichole33 16
Get all stankin Mexicans out of Jackson County Aug 11 Jessieg 14
Crooked Bridgeport Aug 10 Legal 19
Kids need this Aug 8 Paige 1
Snitches (Oct '16) Aug 2 WWW 47

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance