Explain Why Everyone Forgets

Explain Why Everyone Forgets

Posted in the Bridgeport Forum

lost

Warrior, AL

#1 Oct 7, 2012
When u r sitting good in life ... U got folk all around. But soon as the fall begins doors that been open to u forever close ; usually before u even get out to knock. FORGETFULL Pals.

You make extra effort to be there. And don't ask for anything only a lil appreciation, and soon as they get thru their hard times guess who they forget to send a invite next gatherin... FORGETTFULL Users...

A lot of forgetting in Bport... How have u been forgotten
Been there too

Hixson, TN

#2 Oct 7, 2012
That is when you can tell who your true friends are. A few years back I lost my job, was laid off. Apparently I didn't fit in the click. I was doing an excellent job,or so I thought. But a co-worker who was jealous told several outright lies on me. This led to my being laid off. That is what my supervisor told me. Got behind on my bills and still haven't caught up yet. I can count my friends on one hand. (Two fingers) I have helped him and he helps me. You are a lucky person if you have a friend like that. We don't keep score either. Just hang in there. Lead by example. You will find a true friend as long as you are being a true friend and not just a user.
Ruby Ridge

Trenton, GA

#3 Oct 7, 2012
Know that feeling all too well.
Stay the way that you are,Lord knows this world still needs people that sincerely care about others,even if they get stomped on in the process.
I avoid churches lije the plaque,because they are usually full of hypocrites.
But I did read that Book of theirs once,from beginning to end.
There was a part that went something like,"If you do what you do,for the Kudos and the Attaboys,then you have gotten all the rewards coming already".
Then again,if you do what you do to try and suck up to that God feller,you are wasting your time,because it is only thru grace,that any of us stands a chance in Hell of getting thru those gates.
Just do what I do,and keep on being a good person as best as ya can,because it feels good to do good,and trust me,I have seen a million lifetimes of pure Evil that no human being should ever have to witness.
And to the fool out there,yepirs,again I am stuck on myself.You would not only not make it to my ballpark,you could never even make it into the parking lot.
notafool

Hixson, TN

#4 Oct 8, 2012
Ruby Ridge wrote:
Know that feeling all too well.
Stay the way that you are,Lord knows this world still needs people that sincerely care about others,even if they get stomped on in the process.
I avoid churches lije the plaque,because they are usually full of hypocrites.
But I did read that Book of theirs once,from beginning to end.
There was a part that went something like,"If you do what you do,for the Kudos and the Attaboys,then you have gotten all the rewards coming already".
Then again,if you do what you do to try and suck up to that God feller,you are wasting your time,because it is only thru grace,that any of us stands a chance in Hell of getting thru those gates.
Just do what I do,and keep on being a good person as best as ya can,because it feels good to do good,and trust me,I have seen a million lifetimes of pure Evil that no human being should ever have to witness.
And to the fool out there,yepirs,again I am stuck on myself.You would not only not make it to my ballpark,you could never even make it into the parking lot.
First of all you are very full of yourself, and very judgemental and harsh of others as well as coming off rather obnoxious and seem to be stuck in your own mind. You do not know me and therefore cannot judge me. This being said,since you like to throw the Bible around in some of your little rants and claim to have such vast knowledge, then you should know that you are not supposed to call someone else a fool. I was taught his when I was a mere child.
Matthew 5:22 .....and whoever shall say "You fool" shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Might wanna check yourself before you go around putting down others there.
notafool

Hixson, TN

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Oh, and I would not want to any where near your "ballpark" whatever that mean. It was a lame attempt at humor and not funny at all.
Whatever

Whitwell, TN

#6 Oct 12, 2012
notafool wrote:
Oh, and I would not want to any where near your "ballpark" whatever that mean. It was a lame attempt at humor and not funny at all.
If you are only going to the church because of the people there then you are not going for the right reason anyway.
May God bless your soul.
notafool

Hixson, TN

#7 Oct 12, 2012
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are only going to the church because of the people there then you are not going for the right reason anyway.
May God bless your soul.
Exactly where in my post did I say anything about going to church because of the people? hmmmm.....I didn't. So, your comment doesn't even make any sense in regard to what I said. Had it been a stand alone comment, it would have been correct,but as a reply to what I said? It doesn't make sense.
Christian

United States

#8 Oct 14, 2012
The church subject, of course a relationship with the church and not Christ, and following people in the church is an idol you don't want to be a part of.

Second, we all have lives my friend. I don't expect if my life goes really bad that my friends are all going to jump up and be there for me forever. If you keep failing at things, eventually people stop hanging around and trying to help. Sometimes people experience this, and have an ego so they won't accept it's their fault and they will say, "Everyone forgot what I did for them! No one is my friend!" When in reality, people have tried to help them. More often than not this is the case.

As far as, "true" friends who you expect to be there like family, that is hardly ever the case. I have had lots of friends in my life, hardly none in which would be there like family or even care if me or any of their other friends had died. This is just the way our culture is. We aren't personal anymore. Everyone is about themselves.

You do not need anyone, but Christ. Christ will provide the things you need. But Christ is not there to make your life joyful at every moment and give you everything you want. You must go through trial and temptation. Sometimes hard parts of life, just like all of the prophets and Jesus himself.

If this is a trial in your life, be as the Bible tells you, be blameless. Do not get on here and blame other people that they are hypocrites so you avoid church and then sit here and say people are judging you.

What I hear is, "Me, me, me...." This reality check may hurt. And I'm sure you'll claim I don't know you. But posting this in the public domain has made you subject to public opinion on your post.

The whole, saying everyone else is a hypocrite, everyone else is to blame, is a cop out. A cop out I myself used for many years in my life before becoming more mature. Everything was everyone else's fault but my own. And I believed it. And if someone said something like I'm saying right now I'd literally hate them for it.

I think this is relevant to the original poster and the other person. One must quit worrying about who "forgets" and who is a "hypocrite," when you yourselves have forgotten, you yourselves have been hypocrites. You yourselves have been judgmental.

This is why I do not post on this website. But I look for the first time in months and see this. Please do not look to topix.com for guidance or a place you can vent about your friends forgetting you or how people in church judge you.

Being a good person is not good advice. You can say to anyone, "just be a good person everything will be fine!" It will not be fine. There is so much more to it than that.

And everyone likes to say, "I've read the Bible." Some will even say "I've read the Bible 7 times." You have not. Do not claim it. And even if you have, which is rare that someone who claims that actually has, the Bible makes it clear that one who doesn't have the spirit cannot even understand it.

So what good does it do to read the Bible and argue against Christian's if you have truly read it and read that you cannot understand it? Seems like you destroy yourself by saying you've even read the thing.

A bible is a book to be studied over many decades in your life. One does not sit down and just read the Bible and take away anything from it. It's an attempt to make yourself look educated.

I am a Christian and study the Bible daily. I have never read the entire Bible. It will take my entire life to study the entire bible.
former resident

United States

#9 Oct 15, 2012
I understand. When you give all into a friendship and you get nothing back. I have one like that, but I don't talk to that person anymore. Its not my loss its theirs. I grew up and they never did. I wish that person the best in life, but I don't speak with them anymore. It hurts because that was a big part of my life and when I was at my lowest, she wasn't there for me. A text would've helped just to say hey hope you are OK, but nothing when I needed it. But its OK.
yay

Jasper, TN

#10 Oct 15, 2012
former resident wrote:
I understand. When you give all into a friendship and you get nothing back. I have one like that, but I don't talk to that person anymore. Its not my loss its theirs. I grew up and they never did. I wish that person the best in life, but I don't speak with them anymore. It hurts because that was a big part of my life and when I was at my lowest, she wasn't there for me. A text would've helped just to say hey hope you are OK, but nothing when I needed it. But its OK.
I had a friend quit talking to me and never got an answer as to why. But friends come and go, true friends never leave.
Ruby Ridge

Trenton, GA

#11 Oct 16, 2012
Notafool,after reading your posts,I rest my case.
meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hixson, TN

#12 Oct 16, 2012
Does anyone else understand the somewhat random comment by Ruby Ridge?
meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hixson, TN

#13 Oct 16, 2012
Do you get your screen name from the movie Ruby Ridge? That was a somewhat disturbing movie. Is that supposed to represent you and what you are about? A lot of your posts on other topix are rather paranoid and hateful. You seem intelligent , but in a disturbing way. When you post, it can start out ok but eventually you always throw some little snide remark in. Are you ever nice? Can't you be nice? Looks like you would get tired of that big chip on your shoulder and try not to be so confrontational so people could get past your anger to converse with you.
Ruby Ridge

Trenton, GA

#14 Oct 16, 2012
For one,I was NOT the one to begin the stone throwing and nor have I judged anyone,that is NOT my job to do. I merely made my point,and added an additional note to the individual who chose to be antagonistic.Also,I had merely made an observation,thus if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck,it surely isn't a pigeon.
And although I concur with most of what Christian responded to,he is NOT God,and yet,
Quote:"o what good does it do to read the Bible and argue against Christian's if you have truly read it and read that you cannot understand it? Seems like you destroy yourself by saying you've even read the thing.
Unquote"
We only have OUR interpretation of what we believe,and one day every single one of us will find out who was right.
I chose to put in my two cents,as well in other topics,since I have more than earned that right.
We all base our opinions on our experiences in life,its just that some of us have had more than most people ever experience in twenty lifetimes.
In as far as the handle,damned Skippy.I am an American Patriot,one that knows that what happened at Ruby Ridge as well as Waco Texas,was NOT the what so many continue to give their lives for today.
Thing is,you can't play the victim,when you were the one to take things out of context and chose to run them up to a whole different level,and then expect for someone to stick their tail between their legs and not check you on it.
We can agree to disagree on any subject,and by airing our diverse opinions,perhaps we can have a mutual middle ground.
agree

Hixson, TN

#15 Oct 16, 2012
you know, Ruby Ridge, I have been thinking about both our posts, I have no quarrel with you. I have noticed on different topics you have come off kind of bitter-no offense, but I admit it was when you were talking about the Bible in your earlier comment here about hypocrites and that "That book of theirs" that rubbed me the wrong way. The Bible deserves more respect than to be referred to like that. Are there Hypocrites in church? Yes! They are everywhere! That is not a valid reason to avoid going to church. They will have to answer for everything they have said and done , just as we will. Yes, we-you and I. We may express ourselves differently, but I think we can both agree neither of us are perfect and both of us a only humans. I responded in an angry way and that was wrong, but you have referred to me as a fool, and I was offended by that. It is wrong to call another person a fool. So, I agree to disagree. but can we disagree in a more civil manner from now on? I think that would be better.
agree

Hixson, TN

#16 Oct 16, 2012
Ruby Ridge, I don't want to argue with you anymore, it's silly, we dont even know each other. That's the crazy thing about the internet, you don't really know who you are talking to, especially on Topix. I don't even want to post on here anymore, it always leads to trouble. No one needs any extra stress or drama. Positive energy.
Ruby Ridge

Trenton, GA

#17 Oct 16, 2012
I did not call anyone a fool,my response was to someone who had posted under the title,"Notafool".
My feelings and experiences in regards to church are they are usually filled with those in the clich,that want to shove THEIR perspective of what His Word is.
Somewhere in Matthew,"Whenever two or more gather in my name,I will be there",or something like that,so I disagree with your above comment.
That said,the Muslims have their system,Buddahs theirs,etc.
The Creator I believe in made those of color,the faggots,whores and everyone and everything else,and quite frankly I KNOW HE is cheesed with me,but I doubt HE is going to be all that happy with most of the rest of U.S.,so I will take my chances,at least trying NOT to be something that I am not even close to being worthy of.I am NOT a christian,but the ones that are scare the Hell out of me.
former resident

United States

#18 Oct 16, 2012
yay wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a friend quit talking to me and never got an answer as to why. But friends come and go, true friends never leave.
You are right, but after that long of a "so called friendship", you put your guard up with everyone. I know that's not what I should do. But I do. Maybe one day I will grow outta it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dakota Adkins 15 hr guesswho 2
Ashley grider kennedy missing 15 hr guesswho 16
cody steele (Mar '12) 16 hr La mama kk 5
jobs at Beaulieu Tue guesswho 5
Dollar General (Apr '13) Tue Ms Lare 30
Beaulieu allows everything now. (May '09) Tue a loving wife 713
New pay rate for the old mead / new Rock Tenn (Feb '11) May 23 almon123 12
More from around the web

Bridgeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]