Bridgeport citizens must read!

Bridgeport citizens must read!

Posted in the Bridgeport Forum

unknown

Chattanooga, TN

#1 Jul 31, 2012
Barry Hughes is not the right fit for the job! We want to improve the city of Bridgeport not take it further down, just take a look at the events that has happened while he has served on your city council and as a person and yes the character makes a person:

Barry Hughes used city equipment "lawn mowers" to mow other peoples yards to profit for himself not only that the city paid for the gas and the repairs to fix this equipment after he "tore it up". Well say this money, your money, he took? That goes along with the other illegal things that he has done when barry was over little league football. He stole money from the league and was asked to resign or he would be prosecuted, so therefore he stepped down again taking your money, once again. And lets look at the work ethic he has, he was employed by Beaulieu of America and was let go of his position there because once again illegal activities of stealing what wasn't his which was freon "coolant" thst he used to fill up the apartments air conditioning that his wife was over. Wow so is this the person we the citizens of Bridgeport want to elect to make our decisions? On the other hand lets take in effect he can't control his own family issues. His son gets into trouble with drugs so he takes and makes him move out of his home nd places him in the Armory yes the Armory which once again is an illegal act. If anyone wants or need to find out that this information is nothing but the truth, go ask one of your current city council members one on one and they will tell you in person but will no go to as a group. So to me ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE so when you go to the POLLS and VOTE just keep in mind you are working for a living and having to pay all these high cost taxes and everyday living expenses so that these crooks can live worry free with easy money. I SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH LETS STOP THIS AND PUT BRIDGEPORT BACK ON THE MAP!!! ITS YOUR VOTE ITS YOUR CHOICE SO LETS DO THIS, SAY NO TO "CROOKS" LIKE BARRY HUGHES! TAKE YOUR RIGHTS BACK!
Antiseabolt

Trenton, GA

#2 Jul 31, 2012
Seabolt is NOT right for Bridgeport either!!!! He is has no clue & is a perv!!!
candy

Collegedale, TN

#3 Jul 31, 2012
Antiseabolt wrote:
Seabolt is NOT right for Bridgeport either!!!! He is has no clue & is a perv!!!
OK who's right for the job?
Sevenpointsixtwo

Greer, SC

#4 Aug 1, 2012
I think people like you should be shot in the back of the head with a 7.62 round myself,,always meddlin in shit....
respect

Bennettsville, SC

#5 Aug 2, 2012
Apparently "unknown" is running against Barry in the next election.
A friend in Atlanta

Lawrenceville, GA

#6 Aug 2, 2012
Say what you want about Barry, but I can guarantee if he was the one making inflammatory comments about you on this stupid website, he'd be man enough to put his name behind it. But then again, he's too busy trying to clean up Bridgeport to have time to come on here and bad mouth his opponent, and THAT should tell you something about his character.
Local

United States

#7 Aug 2, 2012
I like Barry and what he has done,,I will be voting for him again....he has done a good job I think....
Barry Hughes 2012

Auburn, AL

#8 Aug 2, 2012
Interestingly enough, the pool and baseball fields look better than they have in years, with people from Stevenson and South Pittsburg renting the pool out for parties this summer because their own public pools aren't as nice. It's also appalling (may want to look that word up as I noticed your language and grammatical skills are a little
lacking) that you resorted to such low blows with regards to Barry's personal life. I challenge you to look in the mirror before you start throwing stones at others.
speakingmymind

Hixson, TN

#9 Aug 3, 2012
If you have to resort to having little old ladies run around campaigning and lying on your opponents to win, that says a lot about you. The pool and fields look better because Dodie and the city workers have worked their tails off- that's why they look better. I heard the pool is closing early because there isnt enough business and the city is broke, as usual. Yeah the town looks a little better, the shrubs and things are great but there are bigger fish to fry. You have teenage thugs runnin around dealin everywhere- everyone knows it, drugs are rampant in Bridgeport and the park is one of the worst spots for it. It is the same ones involved all the time- NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM. They are ruining our town. They are vandalizing the city property and NOTHING is being done about it.The youth of this town IS the towns future, and no one seems to be watching out for them or have their best interests at heart. Most of the decent , ambitious ones will move away when they grow up, and I can't blame them. There is nothing positive here for them, other than programs that the schools and some of the parents try to do. But as a local government- YOU HAVE FAILED OUR CHILDREN. We need some people to step up and stand up for what is right and not be afraid to step on a few toes to get it done right!
Local

United States

#10 Aug 3, 2012
Your a freakin idiot.....kids are gonna be kids,they are going to do stupid shit....thats jus part of growing up! Ive seen many kids do crazy stuff,and then grow out of it and grow up to be good people,,its all about what thier mind set is and what they want...hell,,Im one of em!! I wasnt a perfect kid,but when I grew up I believe I turned out ok in that lil town,my parents used drugs....my parents drank all the time,drove drunk....I have kids of my own and have had a full time job since I was 18.....and provide very well for my children!! So dont go on here tryin to blame that shit on city officials,,its not thier fault,,,Im sure you did shit when you was a kid,if you say you didnt your probably lying out your ass!! This is not a bad town,look around....Southpittsburg is way worse,Stevenson is way worse....hell look at Chatanooga and Huntsville,,you wanna talk crime statistics.....wow,,these men that are in there now,,they have done a great deed to our city,Im sure its not an easy task!! If you dont.like it why dont you run n try to do something!! Im sure you will end up with.the same results as they do!!
citizen

Hixson, TN

#11 Aug 3, 2012
Local wrote:
Your a freakin idiot.....kids are gonna be kids,they are going to do stupid shit....thats jus part of growing up! Ive seen many kids do crazy stuff,and then grow out of it and grow up to be good people,,its all about what thier mind set is and what they want...hell,,Im one of em!! I wasnt a perfect kid,but when I grew up I believe I turned out ok in that lil town,my parents used drugs....my parents drank all the time,drove drunk....I have kids of my own and have had a full time job since I was 18.....and provide very well for my children!! So dont go on here tryin to blame that shit on city officials,,its not thier fault,,,Im sure you did shit when you was a kid,if you say you didnt your probably lying out your ass!! This is not a bad town,look around....Southpittsburg is way worse,Stevenson is way worse....hell look at Chatanooga and Huntsville,,you wanna talk crime statistics.....wow,,these men that are in there now,,they have done a great deed to our city,Im sure its not an easy task!! If you dont.like it why dont you run n try to do something!! Im sure you will end up with.the same results as they do!!
OMG- is this Charlie Sheen? Cause it sounds like you are just winning!YOU are calling me a freakin idiot? LOL The fact that you are proud of the fact that your parents used drugs and drank and drove drunk speaks volumes about you. You also dont have a clue! Your speech and foul language and poor punctuation also testify to your great intelligence! I don't believe I ever mentioned crime statistics or "blamed the council" for the thugs. You need to read M-O-R-E C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y and T-R-Y T-O U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D. I was saying they are failing by not providing more positive outlets for the kids- like, more things to do? And by not being more proactive about trying to catch the ones doing it and prosecuting them. Hello? anyone in there? Did I do stupid things when I was young? Of course. Did I destroy property-NO. Did I sell drugs or buy them-NO. Yes, by your speech, and what you had to say, I would say you are a grand example for everyone and someone who should continue posting and sharing your wisdom with everyone. I know I'm impressed.
citizen

Hixson, TN

#12 Aug 3, 2012
The point is priorities need to change. The people in charge need to focus on the youth, which is the future of this city. They will be your future leaders. We all need to make this a better city for our kids and their kids. I am sorry I sunk to a lower level and got all smart, but that really just flew all over me that you would call me an idiot just because you disagree with me. When people disagree , it doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong- it just means they are different.
citizen

Hixson, TN

#13 Aug 3, 2012
And drug use and driving under the influence should never be justified. It is wrong, it is dangerous and if you choose to live that way- keep it to yourself.
citizen

Hixson, TN

#14 Aug 3, 2012
Oh, and one more thing, everyone was right- this site does nothing but bring out the worst in people. It makes our community look horrible. It would be great if everyone could work together for the goal of a common good.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15 Aug 3, 2012
respect wrote:
Apparently "unknown" is running against Barry in the next election.
No way. Biscuit is not that kind of person. He is a good guy. Doesnt have to do things like that. People that know him know he would do a good job.
Local

United States

#16 Aug 3, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>OMG- is this Charlie Sheen? Cause it sounds like you are just winning!YOU are calling me a freakin idiot? LOL The fact that you are proud of the fact that your parents used drugs and drank and drove drunk speaks volumes about you. You also dont have a clue! Your speech and foul language and poor punctuation also testify to your great intelligence! I don't believe I ever mentioned crime statistics or "blamed the council" for the thugs. You need to read M-O-R-E C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y and T-R-Y T-O U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D. I was saying they are failing by not providing more positive outlets for the kids- like, more things to do? And by not being more proactive about trying to catch the ones doing it and prosecuting them. Hello? anyone in there? Did I do stupid things when I was young? Of course. Did I destroy property-NO. Did I sell drugs or buy them-NO. Yes, by your speech, and what you had to say, I would say you are a grand example for everyone and someone who should continue posting and sharing your wisdom with everyone. I know I'm impressed.
yea your a freaking idiot!! I wish I could reach through this computer n smack your teeth down your throat!! All you sound like is a word warrior!! You aint bout shit!! Your weak as cats piss I bet...
John Doe

Charlotte, NC

#17 Aug 3, 2012
When I think of Bridgeport,It reminds me of that movie Deliverance....sounds like alot of inbreeding goin on in that lil one horse town!!
steve jobs

Trenton, GA

#18 Aug 3, 2012
your close john doe, however its more like a lot of stupidity and sticking peoples noses in places they should not be. and in bridgeport theres at least 2 horses, cause i own them. and the citys not getting my horses to run the town.
did you know the soap peytons place is really based on bridgeport al. yeap about as much truth in that as 99.9 percent of these topics.
lol

Jasper, TN

#19 Aug 3, 2012
Antiseabolt wrote:
Seabolt is NOT right for Bridgeport either!!!! He is has no clue & is a perv!!!
shit head u must like me u used my name as your username

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Operation southern shield 11 hr traveler 16
Nj football league Tue Bport man 1
News Stevenson unveils a new historical marker for A... Tue ThomasA 3
Lost dog Jul 15 Matthew 1
Brandon Pyburn busted for meth?? Jul 13 Toby 2
Still going on Jul 10 Badnews 50
Beaulieu jokes Jul 10 Can scout 1

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages