First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bridgeport Citizen

Jasper, TN

#1 Apr 22, 2013
So tell me how come when you go to dollar general in bridgeport they ask you 2-3 different times if you want to donate money and when you say no they act like snobs. They want a dollar for this and to keep your change for literacy. Do they no realize that times are hrd as it is and especially in bridgeport,al. You go to south pittsburg,tn or stevenson, al to the same store and they don't ask you but those are communitys that are doing a little better than ours. Why don't they just quit asking its getting out of hand.
stupid

Jasper, TN

#2 Apr 22, 2013
Its their job. If you dnt want to give yr change to them then dnt. Its not like they are takin it. If they dnt the could get fired.
Just sayin

Trenton, GA

#3 Apr 22, 2013
They are freakin annoying. How the hell is our money gonna help people read? Nobody paid me to read. And they can't get fired for not asking when there is only one cashier up there and nobody to hear, I've worked as a cashier and never asked people to donate their money even though I was told I had to. They need workers too bad to fire them for some stupid shit like that.
Ally

Jasper, TN

#4 Apr 22, 2013
Well I agree with the Bridgeport citizen because I've dealt with this myself. They actually hold your change away from you and ask if your wanting to donate and when you say no they do act like they take it personal. Alot of my friends and family have had this complaint about them and also that they will have 3 employees in the store and no one up front at the cashier spot. It takes forever just to get rung up and then to have to sit there and listen to them name off all there charities before you can even leave. Its like dam I just sit here for 15 mins waiting on you to come check me out and now this and its not one time its everytime. As I said alot of my family and friends have had this same problem and we just quit going there and now go to South Pittsburg.
Right

Trenton, GA

#5 Apr 22, 2013
Exactly! There will be an extremely long line and only one cashier! I work as a cashier at lowes and we have to be at our register constantly and most cashiers do
info

Morristown, TN

#6 Apr 23, 2013
dollar general is not soliciting funds. it is the local only .. I go to a different store now also. the local dollar general is soliciting funds against the rules of dollar general. if they want to donate to a charity they should have a container with a responsible logo on it at the end of the counter and those funds have to be turned over to the charity and the charity has to know they are soliciting. I was amazed they asked for my change 3 times in one day and all for a different supposed charity.. come on ladies at dollar general ..we are not all dumb.
Hahaha

Jasper, TN

#7 Apr 23, 2013
Bridgeport Citizen wrote:
So tell me how come when you go to dollar general in bridgeport they ask you 2-3 different times if you want to donate money and when you say no they act like snobs. They want a dollar for this and to keep your change for literacy. Do they no realize that times are hrd as it is and especially in bridgeport,al. You go to south pittsburg,tn or stevenson, al to the same store and they don't ask you but those are communitys that are doing a little better than ours. Why don't they just quit asking its getting out of hand.
I know times are hard but think about what kinda sh@t those kids are going through. I guarantee our worst days can even compare to the pain and suffering they experience. So i give a dollar everytime im asked. I give the shriners money too. Im in no way rich or anything. Just trying to do my part to help make a difference in the lives of future generations. I feel like thats what life is. Making a better tomorrow. God bless

Ps. The next time your at the dollar store look at all that youre purchasing and ask yourself if you can live without anything. I bet yes everytime. Then go ask the sick children what they can live without. Think about it.
Hahaha

Jasper, TN

#8 Apr 23, 2013
Is that really what theyre asking for donations for? To help kids read? If so i probably wouldnt donate either. See above post. If its for a sick child please donate. You never know when your own child will need the help.
Just sayin

Trenton, GA

#9 Apr 23, 2013
NO. It's NOT for a sick child, every time I go they say "would you like to donate your change to help stop childhood illiteracy?" Every time. So no, I'm not donating to help them read. Every child is not only expected, but REQUIRED to go to school by law. Our tax dollars are used to pay teachers to teach them. So that's a bogus donation request.. And even if they did say it was for sick children, it's probably not. Sad but true
snag

Decatur, TN

#10 Apr 24, 2013
I stopped going in the dollar store in bridgeport because of the rude looks they be giving you.. come on ladies y'al are no better than anyone of us...
what

United States

#11 Apr 24, 2013
snag wrote:
I stopped going in the dollar store in bridgeport because of the rude looks they be giving you.. come on ladies y'al are no better than anyone of us...
"they be giving you". They may need to have jar placed for donations to educate people on proper english. I'm so tired of people say "they be" " who dat" "fo" (four) and the list goes on and on. Learn to speak properly and you may get somewhere in life. I don't believe I've heard any successful lawyers, doctors, or business owners saying " we be successful"
what

United States

#12 Apr 24, 2013
and before the comments start coming out "people say" was put there purposely.
the truth

Jasper, TN

#13 Apr 25, 2013
I worked there and the manager at the time would make me ask people and when i didnt she would get so pissed come to find out if they raise more money than any other store the manager gets paid vacation time no shit
Tired of your Lies

Jasper, TN

#14 Apr 26, 2013
Truth, you wouldn't know the truth if it stood up and bit you in your butt. The money is sent to the corporate headquarters where it is disbursed as Dollar General sees fit, none of that money goes to any employee, and it is a Dollar General policy for all cashiers to ask each customer if they would like to donate their change. My guess is the reason most of you don't go there anymore is because you were caught stealing and have been ban, or have been fired because you were to lazy to do your job, and this is your intelligent way of getting even. Grow up, get a job, and stop being a thief and maybe you won't have to resort to childish crap such as this.
bezzz

Decatur, TN

#15 Apr 26, 2013
Tired of your Lies wrote:
Truth, you wouldn't know the truth if it stood up and bit you in your butt. The money is sent to the corporate headquarters where it is disbursed as Dollar General sees fit, none of that money goes to any employee, and it is a Dollar General policy for all cashiers to ask each customer if they would like to donate their change. My guess is the reason most of you don't go there anymore is because you were caught stealing and have been ban, or have been fired because you were to lazy to do your job, and this is your intelligent way of getting even. Grow up, get a job, and stop being a thief and maybe you won't have to resort to childish crap such as this.
this is gotta to be the rackler manager
Tired of your Lies

Jasper, TN

#16 Apr 26, 2013
No it isn't, just someone tired of the lies.
Bport gal

United States

#17 Apr 26, 2013
I don't like being asked every time I go in there. I do have a job and don't steal anything nor have I been banned from there. I don't think I shouldn't be made to feel like I have to give my change to them. I have received dirty looks when I said no or been talked to rudely when I said no.
Fixed that problem

Decatur, TN

#18 Apr 27, 2013
Bport gal wrote:
I don't like being asked every time I go in there. I do have a job and don't steal anything nor have I been banned from there. I don't think I shouldn't be made to feel like I have to give my change to them. I have received dirty looks when I said no or been talked to rudely when I said no.
If ya don't like givin ur change - pay with a check or debit card where u don't get change back!
REALLY

Decatur, TN

#19 Apr 27, 2013
They should understand times are hard these days.. If you dont have it to give then you dont have it.. i have a job so does my husband, but i have kids to take care of.. there gonna look at the wrong person the wrong way and yep yep yep...
Duh

Trenton, GA

#20 Apr 27, 2013
Fixed that problem wrote:
<quoted text>
If ya don't like givin ur change - pay with a check or debit card where u don't get change back!
We are the consumer you moron. We can pay with whatever the hell we want

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Furniture store Feb 26 TheDon 3
beaulieu snow policy Feb 25 ticked 3
bowling Feb 25 Bubba 2
meth in Bridgeport and sevenson Feb 24 crystalciffman 14
Jackson County Law Enforcement Feb 21 Sparrow 1
moody brick (Feb '12) Feb 20 Anonymous 34
Bama Sweets (Aug '14) Feb 20 bad 7
Bridgeport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bridgeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?