North Alabama Electric cable service.

North Alabama Electric cable service.

Posted in the Bridgeport Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jennifer G

Pigeon Forge, TN

#1 Mar 13, 2012
Does anyone know when they are going to start the cable services?
just me

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2012
No, I have been meaning to call the co - op and ask, but it's something I keep forgetting to do.
I asked

Jasper, TN

#3 Mar 15, 2012
I asked when they started running the cable and was told it would be about a year from then so maybe like 7-8 months
Ruby Ridge

Jasper, TN

#4 Mar 15, 2012
Well if the electric bill is any indication,whats the big deal who you give your money too.
I don't anticipate any benefit to those of U.S. who will be getting the service,irregardless of what name happens to be on the trucks.
No Internet

Chattanooga, TN

#5 Mar 16, 2012
NAEC has touted high speed broadband service within 12 months for the past 16 months. I have not seen any preliminary field work as stated on the back of our bills. Did they not receive funding for such work? I will have to see it to believe it.
High Speed

Chattanooga, TN

#7 Mar 23, 2012
Does anyone have an update? Where did NAEC spend the money they recevied for the project.
Cable

Jasper, TN

#8 Mar 23, 2012
Yes they are working on it. The money just came in maybe 4 or 5 months ago. My son was working with the contractors working on it. There is more involved than just running cable. My son does not work for them now, but it is getting worked on. It is not the NEAC doing the work.
Cable

Jasper, TN

#9 Mar 23, 2012
Cable wrote:
Yes they are working on it. The money just came in maybe 4 or 5 months ago. My son was working with the contractors working on it. There is more involved than just running cable. My son does not work for them now, but it is getting worked on. It is not the NEAC doing the work.
Sorry NAEC.
alyssa

Guntersville, AL

#10 Jul 18, 2012
Jennifer G wrote:
Does anyone know when they are going to start the cable services?
yes. i actually talked to them outside my house today (7/18/2012). they should be ready in about a month he said.
we can't wait to be able to ditch charter!!!
mccram68

South Pittsburg, TN

#11 Jul 18, 2012
Yep me either! Hope it's a lot cheaper than charter though! They just keep getting higher & higher & crappier service!
Hope

Collegedale, TN

#12 Jul 18, 2012
mccram68 wrote:
Yep me either! Hope it's a lot cheaper than charter though! They just keep getting higher & higher & crappier service!
You have to pay to have it run to your house
High Speed

Chattanooga, TN

#13 Jul 23, 2012
What area of Bridgeport will be the first to receive these services?
Cable

Chattanooga, TN

#14 Aug 22, 2012
Any updates?
Susan

Ringgold, GA

#15 Sep 7, 2012
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>You have to pay to have it run to your house
No you don't they will run it to your house or pole. How do you think they can read your meter.
gossipers

Mcdonald, TN

#16 Sep 10, 2012
They are running this in area's where they are no DSL or cable also. You do not have to pay for it to be run to your house. More people will have high speed internet because of this. And people with DSL with the crap 3MB speeds will be able to get much higher speeds. I know from experience DSL sucks and cable always flies. Will be nice when this comes out. Or if Verizon would just put 4G in the area that would be great.
Facts

Spring City, TN

#17 Sep 10, 2012
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>No you don't they will run it to your house or pole. How do you think they can read your meter.
]
Its called a installation charge, charter charges $70.00 for it even if the cable is all ready run to the house(what a rip off) and I'm sure NAEC will charge for it too. As far as the meter, Have you every seen a meter on a house for cable? Susan, are you a true blonde? Do you now realize how stupid your post was?
duh

Jasper, TN

#18 Sep 10, 2012
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>]
Its called a installation charge, charter charges $70.00 for it even if the cable is all ready run to the house(what a rip off) and I'm sure NAEC will charge for it too. As far as the meter, Have you every seen a meter on a house for cable? Susan, are you a true blonde? Do you now realize how stupid your post was?
they have to track your mb usage duh !
Charter Customer

Pigeon Forge, TN

#19 Sep 10, 2012
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>]
Its called a installation charge, charter charges $70.00 for it even if the cable is all ready run to the house(what a rip off) and I'm sure NAEC will charge for it too. As far as the meter, Have you every seen a meter on a house for cable? Susan, are you a true blonde? Do you now realize how stupid your post was?
This is not true Charter charges 19.99 install now and the 1st month of service just got hooked up and love the internet and all the services we are receiving and the DVR is the BOMB!!! Just for your fyi it's not $70.00 for installation.
Facts

Spring City, TN

#20 Sep 10, 2012
Charter Customer wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not true Charter charges 19.99 install now and the 1st month of service just got hooked up and love the internet and all the services we are receiving and the DVR is the BOMB!!! Just for your fyi it's not $70.00 for installation.
Pre-Payment and Installation Fees

Pre-Payment Fees

Prior to installation of your new Charter service and at the time you place your order you may be required to pay a Pre-Payment Fee equal to one month of service charges for all services ordered, all installations charges and estimated TV and internet taxes on your services ordered.

Example of charges if you want to order Digital TV and Internet Lite services.

Total per month

$64.98
Installation fees*

$74.99

Estimated taxes


$10.03


The Pre-Pay amount


$150.00

This is from there web Site
Facts

Spring City, TN

#21 Sep 10, 2012
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
they have to track your mb usage duh !
You have got to be blonde!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridgeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Operation southern shield Wed traveler 16
Nj football league Tue Bport man 1
News Stevenson unveils a new historical marker for A... Jul 18 ThomasA 3
Lost dog Jul 15 Matthew 1
Hmmmm Jul 14 Badnews 1
Brandon Pyburn busted for meth?? Jul 13 Toby 2
Stevenson City Cemetery Jul 12 Nanny 14

Bridgeport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridgeport Mortgages