Ike causes 'devastating' floods in southeast Texas

Full story: North County Times

BRIDGE CITY, Texas - Officials in one southeast Texas county say they are trying to rescue families trapped by devastating floods from Hurricane Ike.
Comments
21 - 28 of 28 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MaryMargaret

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

I am looking for the man and his family that owns Bright Star Air and Heating. Also, Frank DeSimone. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Just very woriied. Thanks!!!
MaryMargaret

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

I'm sorry I forgot to mention the Bright Star Air family and Frank DeSimone live in Bridge City.

“Janet Aubry”

Since: Sep 08

Anna Maria, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

Our daughter has been missing since the storm started. She was in a warehouse at Gulf Coast Logistics located at 5040 FM 1006 in Bridge City (Orange?) with some other people across from the Dupont plant. If anyone knows anything about the place or her, Camilla Fitzgerald, please post here for us. We are desperate. Thank you.
Duffy

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

I'm posting for a friend that evacuated to a relative's home in Baton Rouge. Her home is 540 Bland ..........could anyone tell me how bad the flooding was on her block or even on her street.

She has to go to a business to get online... her cousin's home lost internet with Gustav.

“Janet Aubry”

Since: Sep 08

Anna Maria, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

We now know thanks to the kindness of strangers who checked that our daugher is not trapped in the warehouse as we feared. We still don't know where she is but we are hopeful. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this blog.
Duffy

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

My friend returned to her home on Bland in BC this morning. She has lost EVERYTHING. Those helping her had to shovel their way to the house. She said there had been 6-7 feet of water in the house.
mccounbr

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Has anyone heard about Fishhook Lane - off Roundbunch? I am sure the homes took a ton of water, but are the homes still standing?
mccounbr

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Found a lot of photos and videos, even some from the air, of Bridge City on You Tube. Type in Bridge City Texas Hurricane and you'll find a bunch. Here is one from the helicopter: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bridge City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bridge City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••