Ike causes 'devastating' floods in so...

Ike causes 'devastating' floods in southeast Texas

There are 28 comments on the North County Times story from Sep 13, 2008, titled Ike causes 'devastating' floods in southeast Texas. In it, North County Times reports that:

BRIDGE CITY, Texas - Officials in one southeast Texas county say they are trying to rescue families trapped by devastating floods from Hurricane Ike.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North County Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tommy hill

Donaldsonville, LA

#1 Sep 13, 2008
heard any thing about ferry drive and inwood in bridge city texas
Genie

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2008
tommy hill wrote:
There is at least 4 ft of water if not more. Check out www.kogt.com later for pic and to read blog about Orange and Bridge City.
Annb

Beaumont, TX

#3 Sep 13, 2008
Any news about the area around the fire station, my sister lives on woodsong of of roberts.
Dylan Huckeba

Marrero, LA

#4 Sep 13, 2008
tommy hill wrote:

Ferry Drive had 9 foot of water earlier this mornin.
zeph

Garland, TX

#5 Sep 13, 2008
any update on Bridge City? Looking for photos/ video
Jack

Sunflower, MS

#6 Sep 13, 2008
any news about Country Lane Estates, Meadowlark?
Scott

Syracuse, NY

#7 Sep 13, 2008
my friend lives on the east side of the rainbow bridge on gaylynn drive.. anyone know how bad it is in that specific area? he was confident before the storm that he had 12 feet of elevation above sea level in that location..
Brenda

Southbridge, MA

#8 Sep 13, 2008
zeph wrote:
Go to http://kogt.smugmug.com/
SMK

Bryan, TX

#9 Sep 13, 2008
zeph wrote:
check out kogt.com and orangeleader.com
Bridge City is underwater
IN relative

Evansville, IN

#10 Sep 13, 2008
any news about Friendswood?
Melissa T

Mckinney, TX

#11 Sep 13, 2008
Any news on Linda Avenue?
Maria Stevens

Knoxville, TN

#12 Sep 13, 2008
Have you heard anything about Parkland Circle by the high school. How high is water in homes? Dad stayed and can not reach him! Any info greatly appriciated! God Bless!
Scott

Syracuse, NY

#13 Sep 13, 2008
finally managed to get a call into my friend who is also an EMT and has seen the devastation close up.. he said certain areas are flooded, some aren't, it depends on where you are and even what street.. his general concensus is that it's worse in brige city than orange.. he feels that power restoration to SETX should be fairly quick as he hasn't noticed many downed power poles/lines in his area on duty.. he also says the water seems to be receeding as of 10 p.m. central..
M Morrison

United States

#14 Sep 13, 2008
Anyone have any news on Port Neches ?
Nicki

United States

#15 Sep 13, 2008
Maria Stevens wrote:
Have you heard anything about Parkland Circle by the high school. How high is water in homes? Dad stayed and can not reach him! Any info greatly appriciated! God Bless!
Saw a picture earlier today of the apartments right across the street...I can't remember where I saw it but I'm looking and if I find it I'll post a link for you.
Trisha

Athens, Greece

#16 Sep 14, 2008
How did Dickinson fare? Any flooding?
Steve Peaks

Norton, TX

#17 Sep 14, 2008
My mother-in-law lives on Owl Street in Bridge City, behind the Wal Mart. Does anyone know the extent of the damage, or flooding in this area?
She is attempting to make her way back there from Texarkana. Are authories allowing residents back in?
Kim

Granbury, TX

#18 Sep 14, 2008
Well, I have seen lots of photos of texas ave in bridge city. but i was wondering if anyone has or has seen any photos of the dollar general. besides the liquor store, dollar general was the closest buisness to the water. please, i am the acting manager there and i would just like to see what i am facing. i know its under water, but just want to know what it looks like. how much water and how high the water is. all of my employees live there in bridge city.
Kim

Granbury, TX

#19 Sep 14, 2008
Steve Peaks wrote:
My mother-in-law lives on Owl Street in Bridge City, behind the Wal Mart. Does anyone know the extent of the damage, or flooding in this area?
She is attempting to make her way back there from Texarkana. Are authories allowing residents back in?
well, steve. I know that know one is allowed back into the cities without regestering with the fire dept first. I also know that they are turning people away. so, its best for her to just stay put for know. there are web sites she can go to for pictures. but walmart on texas ave has alot of water in it. just as my dollar general. im so sorry to know that she has probably lost almost everything, if not everything.
stephanie

Grand Prairie, TX

#20 Sep 14, 2008
my parents live right across the street from the fire station...and the water mark on their house is right at 4 feet.....so im sure woodsong has the same problems...the fire station took on 3 or 4 foot of water....the houses on lake street are demolished....all of the businesses on texas ave had 6-8 ft of water in them....ALL OF THEM...post office only thing dry on hwy 87(tx ave)...everything but lake street has receeded.... but the damage is done....this one will take longer than rita to rcover from....dont go back to BC.....there is nothing there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridge City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DuPont plant won't reopen after deadly gas leak Apr 10 red dawn 29
News H.S. Soccer regional quarterfinal scores Apr 8 uh oh 1
International Paper Apr 8 curiousaboutip 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 1 haha 981
News Vidor father seeks justice 20 years after daugh... (May '11) Mar '16 Danny 6
Vidor is a horrible trashy place (Jun '12) Mar '16 Dracul the dragon 32
Vidor Music Thread (Sep '13) Mar '16 Musikologist 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridge City Mortgages