Tracy Byrd

Mar 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WOBB-FM Albany

Tracy Byrd's brand of new traditionalist country made him a star in the '90s, particularly his playful, good-time party singalongs .

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jun 20, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Vidor TX

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Interesting that when Tracey Byrd was asked to perform at the Texas BBQ festival in Vidor (his hometown)he said it wasn't worth his time.
I remember before Tracey was "famous" that Vidor did all they could to support him.
Allowed him to play at the Homecoming game (had not happened before nor after)in 1990-1992. We cheered him on when others wouldn't give a Vidor boy the time of day. Went to Cutters/Hunters/the Longhorn (before he was fired for being arrogant, none the less)
My what an ungrateful person he is.
clkersey

Thomson, GA

#2 Apr 9, 2013
You should get all the facts before saying anything.
clkersey

Thomson, GA

#3 Apr 9, 2013
He has always been grateful for his success. Just because someone can't always help out does not mean he is arrogant. He has always been there to lend a hand.

Vidor TX

#4 Apr 9, 2013
My information came directly from the person that asked him.
He has repeated claimed he was from Beaumont not Vidor.
Mark Chestnut says he is from Nederland.

Vidor TX

#5 Apr 9, 2013
clkersey wrote:
You should get all the facts before saying anything.
I think you do not have the facts.
what is funny I used to defend him, saying "No one asks him to be at the BBQ festival"
We I guess the critics were correct.
clkersey

Thomson, GA

#6 May 9, 2013
MsEvangeline wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you do not have the facts.
what is funny I used to defend him, saying "No one asks him to be at the BBQ festival"
We I guess the critics were correct.
he has the best male voice in country, you like who you like, he is the best.

Vidor TX

#7 May 14, 2013
clkersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because he sings good - does not make him a good person.
clkersey

Thomson, GA

#8 May 14, 2013
MsEvangeline wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because he sings good - does not make him a good person.
You say someone is not a good person because they decline to do something. He has given so much more back to charity that you and I could never match. He has always been generous and cared for his fans and for people that were in need. Have you never declined to do anything before? Lay off and look in the mirror, are you perfect? No because nobody is.

Vidor TX

#9 May 16, 2013
you must be family or an idiot. you don't know me, you don't know the countless hours I volunteer.
clkersey

Thomson, GA

#10 May 16, 2013
MsEvangeline wrote:
you must be family or an idiot. you don't know me, you don't know the countless hours I volunteer.
No I am not family and I don't appreciate you calling me an idiot. I have not called you any names. I am a fan thats all. Its good that you volunteer but not if you have to brag about it. You should just do it and let it be. It looks like you like to be reconized for it. To me that is wrong. Just let it go and I will say no more. May GOD bless.

Vidor TX

#11 May 16, 2013
You just called me out for not be as charitable - you don't know me - also I don't need reconization I know who I am and what I could claim as my effort. However I do not. Mr Byrd seems to forget his roots. He good to his "fans" because there is a reward, you buy more records. Thus lining his pockets. He could have helped his hometown during Hurricane Rita, Homberto, and Ike did he NO. Did Clay Walker NO (excusable he is ill). Did George Jones NO (no excuse his children live he he did nothing). Mark Chessnut however did help.
Mr Byrd has flown the coop. He doesn't support the town that supported him. He does not deserve the star he has on the boardwalk in town.
clkersey

Thomson, GA

#12 May 16, 2013
MsEvangeline wrote:
You just called me out for not be as charitable - you don't know me - also I don't need reconization I know who I am and what I could claim as my effort. However I do not. Mr Byrd seems to forget his roots. He good to his "fans" because there is a reward, you buy more records. Thus lining his pockets. He could have helped his hometown during Hurricane Rita, Homberto, and Ike did he NO. Did Clay Walker NO (excusable he is ill). Did George Jones NO (no excuse his children live he he did nothing). Mark Chessnut however did help.
Mr Byrd has flown the coop. He doesn't support the town that supported him. He does not deserve the star he has on the boardwalk in town.
You have a heavy heart, I will keep you in my prayers.
clkersey

Thomson, GA

#13 May 16, 2013
clkersey wrote:
<quoted text> You have a heavy heart, I will keep you in my prayers.
Yes I do not know you and with an attitude like you have I would rather keep it that way. Also you don't know me but you called me an idiot. That just shows you what kind of person you are. I know you will have to have the last word but try praying about your feelings and maybe you will feel better. I will leave it at that. May GOD bless you! Try to see the good in people. Have a great day.

Vidor TX

#14 May 17, 2013
blah blah blah! I call you an idiot in error you are just ignorant.
Funny when things are not going as they want people turn to God. Or I will Pray to God for you. get real! you are say what you want people to think you are such a wonderful "Godly" person. lol
Grow up!

Vidor TX

#15 May 17, 2013
Technically I said "you must be family or an idiot."
I didn't say you are and idiot. But like I said I misspoke ignorant is what you are. No shame in your game.
Oh here is the definition
Ignorant--1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2.Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".
clkersey

Forsyth, GA

#16 May 17, 2013
MsEvangeline wrote:
Technically I said "you must be family or an idiot."
I didn't say you are and idiot. But like I said I misspoke ignorant is what you are. No shame in your game.
Oh here is the definition
Ignorant--1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2.Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".
You just described yourself. Evidently you misspeak every time you open your mouth. You are not worth the time.
ChaMarie

Vidor, TX

#17 May 17, 2013
clkersey wrote:
<quoted text>You just described yourself. Evidently you misspeak every time you open your mouth. You are not worth the time.
From what I have read clucky you were ignotant to the truth. She informed you you didn't like it. you decided to try to make her look bad by saying "I'll pray for you". when in all truth she schooled you. Just saying.
ChaMarie

Vidor, TX

#18 May 17, 2013
make that ignorant--- oops
ChaMarie

Vidor, TX

#19 May 17, 2013
clkersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall I dare say "NOT"
clkersey

Thomson, GA

#20 May 20, 2013
ChaMarie wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have read clucky you were ignotant to the truth. She informed you you didn't like it. you decided to try to make her look bad by saying "I'll pray for you". when in all truth she schooled you. Just saying.
He has given back to his fans and to his home way more than either one of you could. Could it be that she was the one who asked him and he told her he could not this time? Yea she took it upon herself to make him look bad. But anyone who has followed Tracy's career knows what he has done in the past. I think you both are ignorant just for keeping this going. I think you both need to look how you are acting and to pray about it. I will keep praying for you both. You should find something better to do with your time. May GOD Bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridge City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 37 min Liberal forever 17,864
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr Gasman 22,276
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
Are Some Houston Pain Clinics Prescription Pill... (Feb '08) Aug 26 Liz-Lutz 160
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
Vidor is still a racist town and it is very tra... (Dec '12) Aug 24 Mutant Miscreant 58
•••
Bridge City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bridge City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bridge City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE