Ike turns quiet bayou into a muddy wall of water

Full story: Chicago Tribune
BRIDGE CITY, Texas - Don and Judy Shockley have lived peacefully on the bank of Cow Bayou for 20 years. Full Story
Adkiller

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 16, 2008
Should have remembered that living on coasts are dangerous. Your lucky you have flood insurance because if I ran an insurance company, I would not give someone with as much inherent risk locale as this lady.
tootsie

Pensacola, FL

#3 Sep 16, 2008
Just wondering, Mr. Adkiller. Would you give someone ins. that lives in the canyons of Calif., where fires destroy homes, or in Kansas, where killer tornados strike, with no warning, or Calif. where they have EARTHQUAKES, with no warning?
Kristen

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2008
I live in Bridge City, where the entire town got flooded. This has NEVER happened here.

I agree with tootsie...also lots of areas in the country has something that could cause a major disaster. Who would have thought Iowa would have had the massive flooding they did a few months ago?
Kristen

United States

#5 Sep 16, 2008
And what about the people in Missouri and Ohio, etc, that had major damage from Ike, too? What about those people? Affected by the same hurricane, too. So, it's not just coastal communities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridge City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Review: Cool Breeze (Mar '13) Jun '14 Keith Doucet Owner 2
Review: RC Sports (Jun '13) May '14 Not a hater 7
Port Arthur Police Officer Arrested for Assault... (Jul '06) Feb '14 Haters 13
Treating urinary incontinence with physical the... (Mar '13) Jun '13 Hilda 5
Mindy smith and Jeremy king from ky (Nov '12) Mar '13 curious 2
Bridge City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bridge City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bridge City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bridge City