House in Bridge City
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Ormond Beach, FL

#21 Sep 16, 2008
Molly wrote:
I found out that the water line on my house in Bridge City was just the line left when the water went down. It actually had about 5-6 feet of water in it. It still has water in it and the bathroom floor is already falling through - pretty much everything is a loss. At least I still own the land it is on - may be able to rebuild but not sure.
Went through this three years ago. If you get in in time you can gut the house and rebuild with the structural frame if it is not too damaged. Good luck and it does get easier even thought you may not feel it now.
Darius Morgan

Austin, TX

#22 Sep 16, 2008
My parents house in Dugas Addition, on Sandy Road, got flooded very bad. They estimate that water covered the entire roof and everything is gutted. From the accounts I heard all the houses nearby that were that close to the marsh got hit very badly. My parents home was the lowest in the area so that's why it got covered much more though.
Carole

Fort Worth, TX

#23 Sep 16, 2008
Any information on stapper street in Bridge City?

Westminster, CO

#24 Sep 16, 2008
Tobie wrote:
<quoted text>
Molly, my daughter is with the coast guard.. she has a home also in bridge city, she called yesterday to say that she drove her boat over the top of her house... she said bridge city was covered to the yop with water..... terrible, she stated that she pushed through bodies to get to her own home......
I have a friend that is good friends with a lady that is a sheriff for Orange county and I spoke to her today and asked about death tolls in BC. She said that there are 8 confirmed deaths in Orange County...that does not mean that it is BC, could be orange, w. orange, or orangefield, etc...not sure which other cities are in orange county. Unless the authorities are not releasing what is really going on so it does not freak people out...don't know just wanted to post what i have heard.

Ormond Beach, FL

#25 Sep 16, 2008
Bridgett Howard wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend that is good friends with a lady that is a sheriff for Orange county and I spoke to her today and asked about death tolls in BC. She said that there are 8 confirmed deaths in Orange County...that does not mean that it is BC, could be orange, w. orange, or orangefield, etc...not sure which other cities are in orange county. Unless the authorities are not releasing what is really going on so it does not freak people out...don't know just wanted to post what i have heard.
Bridget, I agree with you there are several stories coming from the officials and then different stories form the bloggers. I talked to my family there and they are saying officials are still telling no fatalities yet the search and rescue people are saying something different. Hopefully we will get an accurate story soon.
Noel

Chireno, TX

#26 Sep 16, 2008
Tricia wrote:
Thank you all for your information. My mother owns a home on Vivian street, thankfully she evacated to Vyder before the storm hit. Anyone know anything about that area? ANY homes not underwater? Thank you!!!
Tricia my parrents live on Duags @ Maryland they had 9 feet in the house.. they lost everything.. I pray yall faired better.....
Tricia

Dalton, GA

#27 Sep 17, 2008
Noel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tricia my parrents live on Duags @ Maryland they had 9 feet in the house.. they lost everything.. I pray yall faired better.....
Thanks Noel! I really appreiciate the information! My mom is 'stuck' in Austin with Family right now and is pretty much at a loss for words on what do to next when she has no idea what has happened still. Sounds like days...weeks before they will let residents return. Again, thanks!
Cristen LeLeaux

Lake Charles, LA

#28 Sep 17, 2008
Does anyone know about Rachel St. in BC? I know it might be a repeat of info but we are looking for a family friend who lives on that street.
Thank you
Michelle

Slidell, LA

#29 Sep 23, 2008
Hi my parents use to live behind the high school in Bridge City. Does anyone know if anything is left there?
Michelle

Slidell, LA

#30 Sep 23, 2008
Can anyone tell me if there is anything left the the houses behind the high school in Bridge City?
Maxie

Beaumont, TX

#31 Oct 6, 2008
Tricia wrote:
Thank you all for your information. My mother owns a home on Vivian street, thankfully she evacated to Vyder before the storm hit. Anyone know anything about that area? ANY homes not underwater? Thank you!!!
My son lives close to vivian st...all the homes were destroyed by ike in that area

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridge City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confederate monument near MLK Jr. Drive in East... Aug 24 1Victorious365 1
Indictments Aug 18 1Victorious365 2
Organization called CPS Aug 18 1Victorious365 6
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Walmart Jun '16 Justin 1
Charly Brandon (Feb '16) Feb '16 Pmv812 1
Swinging (Feb '15) Nov '15 Catch me 2

Bridge City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridge City Mortgages