House in Bridge City
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Molly

Miami, FL

#1 Sep 15, 2008
I owned a home on Pine Street just off of Lake Street in Bridge City - does anyone know if anything is left on that street?
Tobie

Bonneau, SC

#2 Sep 15, 2008
Molly wrote:
I owned a home on Pine Street just off of Lake Street in Bridge City - does anyone know if anything is left on that street?
Molly, my daughter is with the coast guard.. she has a home also in bridge city, she called yesterday to say that she drove her boat over the top of her house... she said bridge city was covered to the yop with water..... terrible, she stated that she pushed through bodies to get to her own home......

“Janet Aubry”

Since: Sep 08

Anna Maria, Florida

#3 Sep 15, 2008
Tobie wrote:
<quoted text>
Molly, my daughter is with the coast guard.. she has a home also in bridge city, she called yesterday to say that she drove her boat over the top of her house... she said bridge city was covered to the yop with water..... terrible, she stated that she pushed through bodies to get to her own home......
Toby, Our daughter is missing since the storm. She was with some other people in a Gulf Coast Logistics warehouse located at 5040 FM 1006 in Bridge City near the Dupont Plant. We have notified all the agencies and have not heard anything. We aretold by local people on blogs the Coast Guard is the best to ask. If you talk to your daughter again will you please ask her if she knows anything about that place and if it has been searched and are there any survivors? We are desperate, any news will help us. Thank you.
Jennifer Peters

Loxahatchee, FL

#4 Sep 15, 2008
Does anyone have info on Crescent Drive in Bridge City?
Molly

Miami, FL

#5 Sep 15, 2008
Tobie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this information. I felt like since they were not letting people come in that there were probably a lot of people dead.
Tricia

Dalton, GA

#6 Sep 15, 2008
Thank you all for your information. My mother owns a home on Vivian street, thankfully she evacated to Vyder before the storm hit. Anyone know anything about that area? ANY homes not underwater? Thank you!!!

“Janet Aubry”

Anna Maria, Florida

#7 Sep 15, 2008
Thanks to Stephen who is blogging on a different site, we now know our daughter isn't in the warehouse at Gulf Coast Logistics. He kindly asked his parents who are in Bridge City to check it out. We are so relieved that she wasn't stranded in there. Even though we don't know where she is, we have renewed hope.

Covington, LA

#8 Sep 15, 2008
There have been no bodies found yet according to Orange, WO, and BC authorities. Yes there were caskets floating in Orange. We're told they popped up from the cemetery that's on Simmons. Water in Orange is fine., This is a quote from Kogt.com the orange radio station owner Gary is posting a blog.

Covington, LA

#9 Sep 15, 2008
The quote from KOGT radio is from Sept 14

Covington, LA

#10 Sep 15, 2008
I found a report fro a local congressman that states there were 6 recorded deaths in Orange County. one couple who were washed away by the storm while trying to leave during the storm. Their bodies were recovered in Port Arthur.
Molly

Miami, FL

#11 Sep 15, 2008
My daughter was able to go over and look at my house on Pine Street - she said the house and roof were intact and even the storage building was still in the back yard. There was a water line on the house about 3 feet up but that was all she could tell from outside - there were power lines down in the backyard. Her fathers home over near the little swing bridge on Roundbunch at Cow Bayou had about 7 feet of water that got into it and all of the windows were blown out of the little office a the shipyard at Inland Boat Works.
Carol in Delaware

Aurora, IN

#12 Sep 15, 2008
I have a cousin Sally Hargrave that lives on Farm Drive. I am hoping she and her husband Cliff who is a police officer and their daughters Morgan and Samantha are safe and wondering what the area where they live is like. Hopefully they still have a home.
Also Sally's sister Jeanie and her family had Sally's mom Pat Ogg and her brother and wife Bill and Judi Ogg in Orange.
I'm very concerned about them.

“Janet Aubry”

Anna Maria, Florida

#13 Sep 15, 2008
Thanks to Stephen Sonnier who continues to give us balanced and sound information as this situation continues to unfold.
John Guillot

Liberty Hill, TX

#14 Sep 15, 2008
My parents live on the corner of Wisteria and Fernwood in Bridge City and we have found out that they have 5 ft. of water in there house from one of there friends that went by and checked on the house.

“Janet Aubry”

Anna Maria, Florida

#15 Sep 15, 2008
Happy and relieved to report our daughter Camilla Fitzgerald called tonight on a borrowed phone alive and well. Thank you all for your help and support. You will all be in my prayers as this continues to unfold.
BC Resident

Bruceville, TX

#16 Sep 15, 2008
Please check these sites for more accurate information.
www.orangeleader.com
www.kogt.com
www.kfdm.com

According to Kirk Roccaforte, mayor of Bridge City, no bodies have been found as of Monday.
Andrew

Ville Platte, LA

#17 Sep 16, 2008
Andrew

Ville Platte, LA

#18 Sep 16, 2008
Here is the visual. Kogtv.com
Andrew

Ville Platte, LA

#19 Sep 16, 2008
kogt.com here is the visual
Molly

Miami, FL

#20 Sep 16, 2008
I found out that the water line on my house in Bridge City was just the line left when the water went down. It actually had about 5-6 feet of water in it. It still has water in it and the bathroom floor is already falling through - pretty much everything is a loss. At least I still own the land it is on - may be able to rebuild but not sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridge City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vidor is a horrible trashy place (Jun '12) Jun 18 workin man 34
Study Addys needed Jun 17 killphilistines 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Walmart Jun 8 Justin 1
News Orange workers stage protest after company lowe... May '16 MsLinda 1
Thomas Chrismon May '16 jobsite 1
Vidor is a godforsaken hellhole (Feb '12) May '16 Soldier 57
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridge City Mortgages