300th Wrongly Convicted American Rele...

300th Wrongly Convicted American Released Thanks to DNA Evidence

There are 6 comments on the www.allgov.com story from Oct 1, 2012, titled 300th Wrongly Convicted American Released Thanks to DNA Evidence. In it, www.allgov.com reports that:

The American criminal justice system has some explaining to do. Last week, for the 300th time since 1989, DNA evidence forced the release of a wrongly convicted prisoner, and there are likely thousands more still serving long sentences or awaiting execution on death row for crimes they did not commit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.allgov.com.

xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Good.
Sam Spade

Hollywood, FL

#2 Oct 1, 2012
This happens entirely too often, there is no substitution for experienced well trained investigators both in the police departments and the prosecutors offices.
I was amazed to find that in the state of georgia you had to have a certification to write a radar speeding ticket, not just any officer could pick up a radar gun and start writing tickets. Yet there was no law against you being assigned a murder investigation your first day. Police departments often rotate officers around into investigative slots because it is their turn and someone else has been there a long time.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#3 Oct 1, 2012
I'm very suspicious of these sham claims, likely on technicalities only.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#4 Oct 1, 2012
Sam Spade wrote:
This happens entirely too often, there is no substitution for experienced well trained investigators both in the police departments and the prosecutors offices.
I was amazed to find that in the state of georgia you had to have a certification to write a radar speeding ticket, not just any officer could pick up a radar gun and start writing tickets. Yet there was no law against you being assigned a murder investigation your first day. Police departments often rotate officers around into investigative slots because it is their turn and someone else has been there a long time.
Blame the juries

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Oct 2, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame the juries
Blame overzealous prosecutors

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Sam Spade wrote:
In Georgia the criminal system is big business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bridge City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr TN Voter 20,083
News New Orleans land grab: Addressing the 'elephant... 22 hr Oh No You Di-nt 1
My opinion about Dmacs bar (Nov '12) Sat Midcity fan 4
Mardi Gras info (Jan '10) Sat Stay Thirsty my F... 10
MUSTERSCHUTZ rare antique wall plate plaque (Jun '07) Jul 28 Joanne johnson 28
News Ariana Grande Denies Salary Rumors, Is Not Maki... (Apr '14) Jul 27 Ariana Grande 3
ILLEGALS-DRUGS-Weapons Jul 26 Truthurts 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bridge City Mortgages