Lakewood's tale of two enclaves: Orth...

Lakewood's tale of two enclaves: Orthodox influx sends some seniors packing

There are 6 comments on the Asbury Park Press story from Apr 2, 2018, titled Lakewood's tale of two enclaves: Orthodox influx sends some seniors packing. In it, Asbury Park Press reports that:

An enclave, by definition, is "a distinct territorial, cultural or social unit enclosed within or as if within foreign territory." Tucked behind a tall berm of trees along Massachusetts Avenue, in the then-rural southwest corner of town, The Enclave had the look and feel of a community set apart.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press.

fulltaxpayer

Centerport, NY

#1 Apr 3, 2018
I feel sorry for the people moving but they do not get it. It is not that any one group is in love with Lakewood. They are in Love with the tax breaks and the no hands approach of all the government agency's city,state and federal. If any group can live in any town at a discount why not do so. Lakewood just happens to be at the top of the list. Nature shows us that when a food supply is exhausted the group will move on to better hunting grounds. Look out Howell and Jackson. You are next in line.
resident2

Centerport, NY

#2 Apr 3, 2018
It is very clear that the town on Lakewood has been bought. The mayor confirms this by his silence.
It has gone too far. The Town has reached the point of no return. Taxes will rise for the people that cannot get a discount and the schools system is no longer functioning effectively. Those that can move should look to other areas of the state. The previous comment is correct. Howell and Lakewood are next to go down the tubes as they are very close to Lakewood.
teacherLH

Centerport, NY

#3 Apr 4, 2018
I believe after reading various news articles that the seniors that live in the developments in question have been placed on notice. Just leave already. You will have no support from the town or state. The town of Lakewood is hell bent on providing a tax exempt community for people to live. If you do not fit that criteria you have to move out. End of story.
Jewish4ever

Centerport, NY

#4 Apr 6, 2018
Teacher is correct. Get out while you can get a decent price. WE ARE UNTOUCHABLE !!!
Jewishmom

Centerport, NY

#5 Apr 9, 2018
I couldn't be happier to be Jewish and living in Lakewood. I fell like we are invincible. The Mayor and most all city and state agencies are truly afraid to cross us. I am sure the state will come through with all the money needed to keep our student buses rolling. What else can they do. they are scared not to do what we want. We are after all ' Untouchable"
USS LIBERTY

Bradenton, FL

#6 Apr 21, 2018
TREASON WATCH about sheldon adelson , harvey weinstein , mikey raphan , impastor becht , ami propper , mikey milken , ari tischler , avigdor ziotard spechler , rhonda hollander and the zionist fifth column demand more US blood and treasure for the kosher nostra BARn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Welfare fraud in NJ - it's SO easy Wed Jewishinlakewood 6
News Video claims Lakewood police chief had open can... Sep 15 Dee Wells 1
News As Orthodox Jews move in, taxpayers in these N.... Sep 13 residenthow 4
News How much should schools spend on security? Four... Sep 5 Bonnie l 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing- Brick, NJ (Aug '16) Aug 22 Patti123 51
News Missing Lakewood teen in 'dire' need of medicat... Aug 21 beenthere 1
dog barking / violation of noise ordinaces (Apr '11) Aug '18 fedup 16

Brick Jobs

Personal Finance

Brick Mortgages