The Historic Community Church

Posted in the Briceville Forum

Myrt McGhee Templet

Donaldsonville, LA

#1 Aug 17, 2010
My daddy ,Claude McGhee was born in Briceville.We live in Louisiana and every summer we went up there on vacation.I just love Briceville.My grandparents,John Richard McGhee and Ida Webb Mcghee,attended that church and they are buried in the cemetary behind the church.I have an aunt,Aslee Mcghee Ward still lives on slatestone road.I have alot of cousins that I love very dearly.I wish I could come up there.
Thanks for posting the picture
DiAnn Daugherty Keenan

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#2 Feb 25, 2013
Both my parents, Jim Daugherty and Pat Tucker Daugherty, were born in Briceville. Most all of my family lived there and I grew up there a BIG part of my life. I went to school at the elementary school then rode the bus to Lake City for High School. Back then there was no such thing as Junior High. I went to this church all of my childhood. I loved going there as a child. I remember Chapmans grocery store accross from the school. Evans grocery, the post office and the library were all in a big white building. I think there was also a gas station. It was pretty awesome as a child growing up there. I still have a lot of cousins that live up there. I am in FL now!
Thanks for the photos...brings back memories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Briceville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dontunderstand3776 2 hr Dumbass 8
Fuel at the Edgemoor Rd. BreadBox 3 hr aerobat 1
The guy in the green challenger 3 hr grimy phoxx 2
Appalachian Underwriters / ISG (Mar '12) 3 hr No it all 687
Amber McGhee 4 hr HerHusband 10
Clayton Homes the pill factory (Jun '09) 5 hr heheyhey 76
oak ridge school linden 5 hr truth 12
Briceville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web