Former Brice mall to transform into flea market | The Columbus Disp...

If the once-bustling Brice Road retail corridor on the Far East Side regains some of its former vibrancy, many smaller efforts probably will fill in the bigger picture. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Reader

Columbus, OH

#130 Jul 7, 2010
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you kidding? Nobody who lives in the hood has the money to go to Europe.
Au contraire, it's because I live in the 'hood that I could afford to go to Europe!
Wising Up

Columbus, OH

#131 Jul 7, 2010
My, my, my.
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". I wasn't aware we had so many perfect people on this blog that can see into the future with such unmistakable clarity. As for me, I am willing to at least give it a fair chance. I will go there when it opens, if it is so bad as many have posted I will not go back. One shooting was the beginning of the end for City Center. If you or your car is not safe shopping there no one will make a second trip, it will be a self solving "problem". So whats the big deal? Don't let it keep you up at night. I don't prejudge other people even though I have been prejudged. I wait to see how someone treats me before I make up my mind about them, pro or con. I will do the same for this new business enterprise. Thank you!
Mitch

Cleveland, OH

#132 Jul 8, 2010
Not quite wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say I hope LeBron leaves. I hope he stays. It would be good for Cleveland and Ohio as a whole. You seem to enjoy making broad assumptions about me and the people of Columbus. Maybe I'm wrong - just the way this "redneck" sees things. Again, you are the one on the Columbus newspaper site saying bad things about this city - pardon us "hillbillies" if we don't agree with you on everything.
You have a point. My bad.
Kimberly

Edmond, OK

#133 Jul 11, 2010
This is so strange for me to see. You have an area that is struggling for business. Someone invests millions of dollars to try their best to turn it around into something nice that will bring business back, create jobs, and give the locals a place to shop and entertain their kids and families. And instead of everyone embracing it, you're all condeming it, blaming the city, blaming the developers, and bashing everyone involved. I think I now see the problem with that area... it's all the negative losers posting in this forum that condemn anything good or positive that anyone tries to do to it. They could have chosen any blighted area in the country, and they chose Brice, and instead of being thankful for it, you condemn them and seem to wish them failure. I think they will succeed despite all you negative posters. It's a shame because you don't certainly don't deserve any good that is created from this that's for sure.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#134 Jul 11, 2010
Kimberly wrote:
This is so strange for me to see. You have an area that is struggling for business. Someone invests millions of dollars to try their best to turn it around into something nice that will bring business back, create jobs, and give the locals a place to shop and entertain their kids and families. And instead of everyone embracing it, you're all condeming it, blaming the city, blaming the developers, and bashing everyone involved. I think I now see the problem with that area... it's all the negative losers posting in this forum that condemn anything good or positive that anyone tries to do to it. They could have chosen any blighted area in the country, and they chose Brice, and instead of being thankful for it, you condemn them and seem to wish them failure. I think they will succeed despite all you negative posters. It's a shame because you don't certainly don't deserve any good that is created from this that's for sure.
Get your head out of your you know where. This is not economic development nor is it anything desireable or noble. The developer got the mall on the cheap, and consistent with that, he is putting it to a bottom of the barrel use. It's a flea market that sells fenced goods and junk. Who wants that?
linda

Galloway, OH

#135 Jul 11, 2010
Yea, put a flea market/junk place in Dublin, New Albany, Worthington, Upper Arlington, Grandview, Bexley, see how they like it. The flea market they are putting in is for the garbage that the people in these areas don't want. They think the "small" people will be helped by their trash.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#136 Jul 11, 2010
linda wrote:
Yea, put a flea market/junk place in Dublin, New Albany, Worthington, Upper Arlington, Grandview, Bexley, see how they like it. The flea market they are putting in is for the garbage that the people in these areas don't want. They think the "small" people will be helped by their trash.
Best of all, it's along I-70. I'm sure anybody driving by will have nothing but a positive impression of the area upon seeing the big "Flea Market" sign from the highway. All you have to do is look at other "Flea Markets" and where they've been ... an old Gold Circle (South High), two old Rink's (Livingston and Brice), an old Buckeye Mart (Berwick Plaza) and a used Kmart (South High). Can't say any of these places are prime areas of Columbus nor were these such great "economic develompents".
Wow

United States

#137 Dec 11, 2010
While you are sitting in your half million dollar homes. Watching your 90 inch led televisions on your 5,000 dollar sofas. You are really sitting on your head while your a&& is on its way to catch up. People who judge someone by their class or color, should be banned from leaving messages on this or any other forum. I have read all of the negative comments al of you have left here. What a shame all of you have reproduced, and made more idiots just like yourselves. So they can grow up and be just as stupid as you are. While you are busy looking down your nose at all of us blue collar people that actually make this country move and work. We are going to the flea market to get quality merchandise at lower prices. Well at least lower than macys. You white collar idiots are whats wrong with this country. Runing your mouths and being rude to the people that made this country what it is today.
So if you don't want to shop at the flea market don't stay in pickerington or new albany where you belong. Leave the working class alone. We will happier without you.
Reason

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#138 Dec 11, 2010
Wow wrote:
While you are sitting in your half million dollar homes. Watching your 90 inch led televisions on your 5,000 dollar sofas. You are really sitting on your head while your **** is on its way to catch up. People who judge someone by their class or color, should be banned from leaving messages on this or any other forum. I have read all of the negative comments al of you have left here. What a shame all of you have reproduced, and made more idiots just like yourselves. So they can grow up and be just as stupid as you are. While you are busy looking down your nose at all of us blue collar people that actually make this country move and work. We are going to the flea market to get quality merchandise at lower prices. Well at least lower than macys. You white collar idiots are whats wrong with this country. Runing your mouths and being rude to the people that made this country what it is today.
So if you don't want to shop at the flea market don't stay in pickerington or new albany where you belong. Leave the working class alone. We will happier without you.
Where can I get a 90 inch TV ?
Wow

United States

#139 Dec 13, 2010
Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I get a 90 inch TV ?
Well you can start at the flea market of the americas. I have seen some televisions there. But it is a flea market, are you sure you want to shop there. You know according to all of the other posts, the flea market is full of dirty, disgusting, unwanted junk.
Rennie

Canal Winchester, OH

#140 Feb 19, 2011
Don't go to the BoUNCE House,or the Game ROOM area!!! The Manager/Owner Ellen needs to learn how to treat people> Customers that want to spend Money deserves to be treated a little better.... ALLOT BETTER!!

What a HORRIBLE PLACE!! But the other areas are fine>>>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 magical days until Christmas 4 min case closed biatches 69
COPS lives MATTER 19 min Neutral Party 170
The Middle East 36 min Trash Collector 48
African American Male Initiative seeks to help ... 1 hr zombie prepper 7
Merry Christmas everybody 1 hr Duke for Mayor 35
Joe Cocker is dead. 1 hr Duke for Mayor 61
Who do you side with in New York and why? 1 hr d pantz 14
Brice Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brice News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brice

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore