Pedestrians cross into danger's path

Pedestrians cross into danger's path

There are 63 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 15, 2009, titled Pedestrians cross into danger's path. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Police said people take their lives into their hands when they jaywalk, such as this couple is doing while carrying a child as they cross busy W. Broad St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
EARL D

Columbus, OH

#67 Aug 20, 2009
I THINK THAT THERE WOULD BE LESS DEATHS IF THERE WERE PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS GOING FROM BUS STOPS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE STREETS. PEOPLE OFTEN CROSS THE STREETS IN TRAFFIC TO CATCH A BUS GOING IN THE OTHER DIRECTION. ANSWER PUT CROSS WALKS IN BUS STOP TO BUS STOP !! PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO RUN DOWN TO THE CORNER WHEN THEY CAN JUST CROSS THE STREET.
Army Parent

Defiance, OH

#68 Aug 20, 2009
EARL D wrote:
I THINK THAT THERE WOULD BE LESS DEATHS IF THERE WERE PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS GOING FROM BUS STOPS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE STREETS. PEOPLE OFTEN CROSS THE STREETS IN TRAFFIC TO CATCH A BUS GOING IN THE OTHER DIRECTION. ANSWER PUT CROSS WALKS IN BUS STOP TO BUS STOP !! PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO RUN DOWN TO THE CORNER WHEN THEY CAN JUST CROSS THE STREET.
Ticket the Jaywalkers! The bus stops are away from the crosswalks so the pedestrians CAN BE SEEN! Most drivers do not have xray vision to see through a bus
Sam Moore

Columbus, OH

#69 Aug 27, 2009
I agree w/you. However, I am a recent implant from Oregon.....The bicyclists are outta control. I hope OH doesnt' follow in their "bicycle" paths completely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Lady not Naked this time 13 min GladCatFacewascov... 10
First canned beer goes on sale 35 min Big Johnson 2
America Held Hostage Day 5 37 min MarkJ- 10
More Fake News 47 min Pope Che Reagan C... 48
Looks like the BRA BURNERS are back, LOL 1 hr Reality Speaks 4
Obama gave away taxpayer money right to the end 1 hr Reality Speaks 10
Trump plans to Remove WH Press Corps, hide TRUTH 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 281

Brice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance