Church Helps In Hunger Crisis | WBNS-...

Church Helps In Hunger Crisis | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 13 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Nov 21, 2009, titled Church Helps In Hunger Crisis | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A Columbus church has stepped up in the battle against hunger in central Ohio. Brice United Methodist Church decided to step in and help central Ohio food banks that are struggling to keep shelves stocked.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

Allan

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 21, 2009
I feel times like these, its so nice to see people pulling together. Thats what makes our country so great.....

unrepentant

Since: Sep 09

pickerington

#3 Nov 21, 2009
Teach a man to fish!!!
walking

Columbus, OH

#4 Nov 21, 2009
Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, as it is written: "He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little." 2 Corinthians 8:13-15
"The King will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 2 Corinthians 9:12
Nancy Carr

Columbus, OH

#5 Nov 22, 2009
Let us ask with the will of God in our hearts and minds!!!!
Oh please

Columbus, OH

#6 Nov 23, 2009
This church congregation is wonderful and definitely a great example ref. helping others, especially since I'm sure this is not one of the GIGANTIC church/cults in town.
Sure would be nice if ol' Rod Parsley would dig down into his deep pockets and do something like this when he's on TV, asking for money all the time. Every time I pass some of these absolutely HUGE churches, I can't help but think hmm... how many little houses could be helped with the money it took to build this palatial church?
light

Harveysburg, OH

#7 Nov 23, 2009
walking wrote:
Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, as it is written: "He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little." 2 Corinthians 8:13-15
"The King will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 2 Corinthians 9:12
I agree wholeheartedly
walking

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 23, 2009
I just want to thank 10tv for airing our interview. You interviewed us on Saturday. Right after service on Sunday, a man (who wanted to remain anonymous) came in and told us that after he'd seen us on t.v. he wanted to make a donation and asked us if he could go to the grocery store and pick up a few items and drop them off in an hour. He came back with his s.u.v. filled with groceries for our food pantry! And Brandee has been contacted about a job offer! We are sure that we will help more people than we did last Saturday too, because of the advertising you allowed us. Just because we are christians, doesn't mean we won't suffer at times. But God is very real and very present in our lives and we have hope in Him and are able to overcome in Him. On behalf of Brice United Methodist Church, we thank you for helping us get the word out about our food pantry.
Donna Morrell-Pruitt

United States

#9 Nov 23, 2009
I am the auntie of Toya and Wayne Daugherty who were in your story about the food pantry at Brice Church. Can I say how proud I am that they are using their God given talents to serve the Lord by serving the community in and around Brice Church.Bless you for doing the story and bless them for filling a need that was not being filled.
Amen

Springfield, OH

#10 Nov 25, 2009
This is what Ckristian community is all about, pulling together and helping one another in times of need!
OK Peas

Circleville, OH

#11 Jun 1, 2010
The Brice Food Pantry has been in existence for about 6 months. It has helped dozens of families in these hard times. The food bank has welcomed Brice as a participant, allowing the pantry to reach even more people. Church Members, church groups and event those the pantry have helped, are volunteering to see others helped. Still, the pantry has to be creative to raise money to keep the stock up as well as raise awareness to those still in need. We all hope and pray for prosperity to come again to our cities and towns, but until they do, is it not a blessing to know that their are still those who care to share whatever they can.
De Colores
OK Peas

Circleville, OH

#12 Jun 1, 2010
unrepentant wrote:
Teach a man to fish!!!
I wish I can say that "unrepentant" was right on the mark, and I invite him to help serve in the Food Pantry at Brice on Saturday Monrings at 9 am to 12 pm. But it is not a "teach to fish" but "no pond to fish at." I have worked in the pantry and had the privilage to meet the "clients". Not all are un-educated or lazy by any means. Most of the client have been hit hard by recession or job loss or abandonment. They are proud Americans who have humbly come to this treacherous season in their lives. What they found at the Brice Food Pantry is a "friend" that cares and groceries to survive the storm. Most "clients" dont want to be there and would wish they did not have to do this. Personally, I am glad that they did have courage to let us help them. I know that in time, most will not need this help, but maybe they can pay forward in kindness what was given to them in this season.
De Colores
Ellen Mastracci

Hilliard, OH

#13 Sep 3, 2010
That is a wonderful thing tou are doing.
Gods lil helper

Ithaca, NY

#14 Mar 14, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It is raining in Washington DC. 3 min Duke for Mayor 3
White Nationalists losing faith in Trump 3 min 404 cult 184
Powerful Trump Speech 1/20/17 8 min Duke for Mayor 6
Hillary Looked Sober Today 14 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 1
What Do You Think of Donald Trump Now? 20 min Male 349
Trump plans to Remove WH Press Corps, hide TRUTH 42 min jonjedi 213
America Held Hostage Day 1 52 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 11

Brice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance