Mom sent to jail for underage drink-fest | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 68 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 29, 2010, titled Mom sent to jail for underage drink-fest | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Circleville Municipal Judge Gary Dumm didn't buy Crystal Card's excuse that she was sleeping soundly and unaware of the partying downstairs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
marysville neighbor

Marysville, OH

#1 Apr 29, 2010
Wish Marysville would start doing this. They need to put an end to parents who think it's ok to give 16,17,18 and 19 yr old kids drinks and then send them on their way back home drunk in the middle of the night. People complain and the police hand out warnings. Is a warning really appropriate? Marysville Police must think so.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 29, 2010
Man , if my parents went to jail for all the times me and my buddies and little drinking parties in the house while they sleep, they would still be in prison . Some 20 years later.
Ray

Grove City, OH

#3 Apr 29, 2010
I saw the clip in the news. She sat there crying but you could tell it was an act. Also what happened to the kids? Just because they are under age does not mean they should not serve some time in the slammer. Teach them a lesson too for crying out loud!!
ShamWow

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 29, 2010
Sounds like this kid knows how to trough a party. Mommy must have had a few martini's before she made it to the stairs.. "We gonna rock this house". " Dude, your mom is a animal"
ShamWow

Columbus, OH

#5 Apr 29, 2010
Throw lol Geez maybe I should have stopped earlier to lol
HSOK

Springboro, OH

#6 Apr 29, 2010
Good but she should had got a longer sentence seems to me she has one spoil brat that is her parent and tells her what goes I also believe the son should get some time he's the one that host the party and plan it believe me he will continue this conduct because the authorities let him slip on by with out punishment , these are the kind that do these beer runs any thing to get a underage party going , I hope the next time he won't be so lucky , a lot of kids today want to grow up to soon !
ShamWow

Columbus, OH

#7 Apr 29, 2010
fat man on southside wrote:
Man , if my parents went to jail for all the times me and my buddies and little drinking parties in the house while they sleep, they would still be in prison . Some 20 years later.
Same way here. Heck my mom and dad use to buy 10 or 12 cases for our partys. My dad also stood at the door and collected car keys. No one ever got hurt. On kid missed church the next morning and we all got sat down by his mom. Funny thing is he threw up just as she got done yelling. We all started laughing and the yelling started again. That was back in the "70"s though
CMAF

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 29, 2010
"...with all the commotion, noise, vomiting and vibration in process, which the police clearly heard and felt outside the home when they arrived." Let's hope they heard and didn't feel the third item in that list.
2west

Jackson, OH

#9 Apr 29, 2010
sounds like you had some real winners for parents sham wow!
zeebo

Lexington, KY

#10 Apr 29, 2010
Im a heavy sleeper. I slept thru a dog fight that happened right on top of me. So I know it can happen. Did the mom get tested for alcohol/drugs? Regardless, it was her property. I agree with Ray, all the kids should have been busted too.
zeebo

Lexington, KY

#11 Apr 29, 2010
ShamWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Same way here. Heck my mom and dad use to buy 10 or 12 cases for our partys. My dad also stood at the door and collected car keys. No one ever got hurt. On kid missed church the next morning and we all got sat down by his mom. Funny thing is he threw up just as she got done yelling. We all started laughing and the yelling started again. That was back in the "70"s though
Did they even have a drinking limit in the 70's?
mike

South Bend, IN

#12 Apr 29, 2010
Parents need to stop allowing this. We were all so much safer when teenagers just drove around all night with some cases of beer in the car - "booze cruising". We probably won't be able to get teenagers to stop drinking, although we should keep trying, but we should make sure they're out in public and driving around rather than in the safety and privacy of somebody's home.
pikkil47

Columbus, OH

#13 Apr 29, 2010
Maybe mommy on OXY.
curious

Dublin, OH

#14 Apr 29, 2010
Some kids jumped in her bed? How often?
Your Brain on Drugs

Drexel Hill, PA

#15 Apr 29, 2010
It's probably ok if you supervise your own kids with a drink or two if appropriate......BUT..........
She had no right to allow anyone else's kids to drink at her house..........that is up to their parents..........
Just because we got away with that crap when we were younger, doesn't make it ok for kids to do it now..........
ObamaTriesHarder ThanBush

Fort Myers, FL

#16 Apr 29, 2010
Hey Mormons, leave my kids alone.

Fort Myers, FL

#17 Apr 29, 2010
Hey kids want to get Mom in jail? Slip a pill in her cocktail and then invite your friends over!
STOP with NEW TAXES

Columbus, OH

#18 Apr 29, 2010
zeebo wrote:
Im a heavy sleeper. I slept thru a dog fight that happened right on top of me. So I know it can happen. Did the mom get tested for alcohol/drugs? Regardless, it was her property. I agree with Ray, all the kids should have been busted too.
Not only the kids who drinking but their parents should have also been hauled into court to explain why they weren't concerned with their kid's behavior.

There is way more blame to go around in this case than what has actually been prosecuted.
John

New York, NY

#19 Apr 29, 2010
ShamWow wrote:
<quoted text>
You think a kid might not have a duplicate key in their pocket? And the kids who were drinking are getting hurt in the form of killing brain cells and damaging their livers. Nice try on the rationalization that is was "ok". Laws are in place for a reason.

Oh, I let my 3 year old daughter drive herself to the babysitters house this morning. I was sitting the passenger seat and I had my hand on the wheel so it was ok. No one got hurt.

Fort Myers, FL

#20 Apr 29, 2010
STOP with NEW TAXES wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only the kids who drinking but their parents should have also been hauled into court to explain why they weren't concerned with their kid's behavior.
There is way more blame to go around in this case than what has actually been prosecuted.
How do expect a bigger,stronger, more powerful government when you don't want new taxes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Appeals Court Refuses To Lift Hold On Obama Imm... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Al Sharpton coming to Cleveland...... 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 71
Al Sharpton? B.B. King's Family Alleges He Was... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 7
Frank Jackson and Justice Dept come to agreements. 3 hr Duke for Mayor 22
News Braves Player Arrested Following Game In Columbus 3 hr dat rappuh name 1
News Police Hunt For Motive In Deadly Memorial Day S... 3 hr dat rappuh name 3
Affordable Care Act 3 hr God 188
More from around the web

Brice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE