License plate reader puts cops in dri...

License plate reader puts cops in driver's seat

There are 14 comments on the Customer Interaction Solutions story from Jan 9, 2008, titled License plate reader puts cops in driver's seat. In it, Customer Interaction Solutions reports that:

“Officers don't even have to look for stolen cars as they drive by, it just hits on the plate”

Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge) Jan. 9--In earlier days, when cops pulled you over, they would get on the radio and call in your plate number to a dispatcher who would run it on a Teletype that had Department of ... via Customer Interaction Solutions

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Customer Interaction Solutions.

1984 is here

Delmar, NY

#1 Jan 9, 2008
Cops being armed to totally control us especially when the Mark that no man may buy or sell is required for everyone. Total control total surveying our every move
Alb Guy

Syracuse, NY

#2 Jan 10, 2008
Cops budgets are entirely too large. They are rude and have bad attitudes. I vote all budgets down that offer more money to these power hungry disrespectful members of society. If they didn't have so much of a superiority complex people might talk better of them. How about you quit checking up on all of us, and stop issuing tickets at Kohls dept store parking lot for missed seat belts, and stop pulling people over for doing 33 in a 30 zone. In general why do you cops just be decent. I helped a cops family move a few months ago and i didn't take a penny for doing it, I was happy to help the effort. In Dec at Christmas a cop who was at the move gave me a stupid ticket for taking off my seat belt in a parking lot to stop something from falling in the back seat at 4 mph. I attempted to explain why I did what I did but the idiot would hear nothing of it. WHAT A JERK! I'm out of work and am facing a fine and a surcharge! Hope the bastard is happy! I won't EVER help another cop again! No matter what has happened to any of them, no matter what their situtation. They make our lives miserable!!!! A lot of people fee the same way too! The NAZI tactics have got to stop!. They need to realize that the general public is not the criminal were just trying to get by. I plead not guilty and I want to face this bastard in court so I can tell him EXACTLY what I think of him. If I'm going to pay a fine I'm gonna make it worth my while! COPS SUCK!
Helper

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2008
Since you weren't on a road but in a commercial parking lot, you might have grounds for dispute.
bsmi021

Brewster, NY

#4 Jan 10, 2008
Alb Guy wrote:
Cops budgets are entirely too large. They are rude and have bad attitudes. I vote all budgets down that offer more money to these power hungry disrespectful members of society. If they didn't have so much of a superiority complex people might talk better of them. How about you quit checking up on all of us, and stop issuing tickets at Kohls dept store parking lot for missed seat belts, and stop pulling people over for doing 33 in a 30 zone. In general why do you cops just be decent. I helped a cops family move a few months ago and i didn't take a penny for doing it, I was happy to help the effort. In Dec at Christmas a cop who was at the move gave me a stupid ticket for taking off my seat belt in a parking lot to stop something from falling in the back seat at 4 mph. I attempted to explain why I did what I did but the idiot would hear nothing of it. WHAT A JERK! I'm out of work and am facing a fine and a surcharge! Hope the bastard is happy! I won't EVER help another cop again! No matter what has happened to any of them, no matter what their situtation. They make our lives miserable!!!! A lot of people fee the same way too! The NAZI tactics have got to stop!. They need to realize that the general public is not the criminal were just trying to get by. I plead not guilty and I want to face this bastard in court so I can tell him EXACTLY what I think of him. If I'm going to pay a fine I'm gonna make it worth my while! COPS SUCK!
I would hope that people like you would make a great big sign and hang it on the front of there home so when you need help all the fire, recuse and oh yes POLICE know where NOT to stop.
It is fools like you that make it bad for all the good people !
Alb Guy

Syracuse, NY

#5 Jan 11, 2008
bsmi021, thanks for reading my raving mess. I was in the parking lot but when I stopped I was trying to put the belt on as I turned onto the street. I should have stopped while still on private property and put the belt on. In any event I was pleasant to the officer and reminded him at the scene about all the joking around we all did when I helped one of his brothers in arms. He said yea but I still have to give you the ticket. See what I mean about compassion. None shown to me from the Colonie police. So I will offer them the same respect shown to me NONE. I went as far as calling the desk and speaking to his supervisor. He told me if I didn't break the law I wouldn't have been ticketed. Maybe Mr high and mighty will be in the court room too because I'd like to tell him off as well. The entire group of them have a I'm better than you attitude and I dislike that. I am strictly against this raving support for police when they are injured in the line of duty. When I am injured at work nobody gave a parade or put me on tv or made a big deal of it. We shouldn't for them either. They choose their job as I did and should receive no special treatment because something went wrong. If they die in the line of duty then there family should receive the benefits due them. It is quite unnecessary to stop all traffic and interrupt others lives for an police officers funeral persuasion. Maybe some of us don't want to stop our day for their grief. I for one don't want any part of it. They have no respect for me and I feel justified in returning the same attitude to them. The say they protect and serve. They do they protect themselves and serve themselves. The rest of the public is just in the way or practice for there bad attitude shows. They wonder why people in general fear the police and don't like them, perhaps they should look within and find compassion for there fellow human beings. Service is so much more than handing a patron a traffic ticket and saying have a nice day.
Alb Guy

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jan 11, 2008
Fools, like me. You must be a cop! I sir or mamma do not need the bad attitude of the police. Attitudes such as yours perhaps. You see I am a retired military member and when I was in the military I respected the military police quite a bit. They have a very difficult job. I however have never in twenty years of military service come across a rude MP or SP on duty. Why, because there were severe consequences for this type of unprofessional conduct. The public law enforcement seem to reward rude behavior. Addressing a person as a race car drivers name is rude, inappropriate and uncalled for. If a military MP or SP did this they would loose a pay grade or worse. Unprofessional and rude conduct were not tolerated in the service and they certainly should not be tolerated in society. And as for cops helping me, no thanks I have never needed help so far. This is not to say I won't in the future but I pay my taxes and if they don't want to stop at my house then ok, but don't come here looking for trouble when I must deal with a matter myself. Why do you support the police so strongly? If you are not a cop have you ever been treated rudely by a cop? Why is it ok for them to treat me this way? Again as for not stopping by my house, then I houldn't have to pay my taxes that pay there salary and benefits. For your information I have no trouble with other agencies that use public money so far. Rude cops piss me off!
Alb Guy

Syracuse, NY

#7 Jan 11, 2008
bsmi021 want to help me make the sign for the front of my house? We can make it say something like RUDE COPS STAY AWAY! Yes I think that will do.
Alb Guy

Syracuse, NY

#8 Jan 11, 2008
good people? you mean like you?
upown1978

AOL

#9 Oct 10, 2008
yes cops are rud they think they rule the world just because they have a badge i am a tax payer they need to follow the rules just like every one els unlike the cops in my town followed my wife and fliped on the red and blue lights and scared the cap out of her and i was with her she wasn't doing any thing wrong they went around her only to get to the movie store before they closed now hows that right people pulled over thinking there was something wrong when he didn't want late fees now if that was me and my wife speeding to return our movies we would have to pay a ticket so yes cops are asses they need to protect and serve go after the bad people drunk drivers robbers killers and leave the good people alone i'll put a sign on my house to
the Legend Puppet

Schenectady, NY

#10 Oct 12, 2008
lots of stupid cops and also lots of good cops. lots of stupid everytypes in every position.

Since: Jun 08

Albany, NY

#11 Oct 13, 2008
Its a catch 22, people. If it was YOUR dad or brother or nephew that was the cop and he let you off it'd be ok. But because he's not, you hate him. As in ANY job, favoritism is rampant. Remember the cab driver killed at 2nd & 25th by the drunk girl with 3 other passengers in the car doing 72 down 2nd Ave?? My best friends grand-daughter was in that car screaming to be let out and Ms. Drunky Speedy wouldn't let her out. Guess what?? Ms. Drunky Speedys Dad works at the Colonie Police Dept. Ms. Murderer got 7 years for killing someones Mom/Grandmother/sister/aunt. YES,SEVEN short years!! And a lady is DEAD. As Ms. Speedy Drunk is NOT related to US we resent every aspect of that. If she WAS one of us, we'd be letting out relief. Get it?? If you're related 'don't worry about it'! If you're not, cross them i's and dot them t's or pay. Simple. It sucks like the rest of this 'free' country today, but I guess we all have the option to leave?
no name

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Oct 23, 2008
never mind me
None

Meriden, CT

#13 Nov 5, 2008
ALB GUY,
You were in a parking lot and took your belt off to reach in the back of your car to stop something from falling. Who cares if you were doing 4MPH you could have clipped another car or hit a kid that ran out in the parking lot. You should have just stopped your car and fix what had to be fixed.

This is almost funny if officers didn't put their lives on the line, yes they choose their profession but they do it to protect you.

You can not catigorize ALL officers in to this catigory. There are some police departments that have a policy that if they make a traffic stop then they must have a valid reason for that stop, therefor they MUST write a ticket, Troy PD is one of them.

I have a friend that pulled his cousin over and because of the stop they had to write the ticket.

There are also officers that are just rude. But for the most part officers show you the same respect that you show them and they are just doing there job.
tired of excuses

Schenectady, NY

#14 Nov 6, 2008
i was wondering were you got and what the cops name was..lol

its not dept policy's its law on stops. valid stops to make a stop.(but if they wanna stop a car they can)
some departments do stand behind ticket writing, but an officer can let go with warning in all departments.
Most cops no matter what the dept are decent and under standing. but as in everything there are exceptions to the rule in every dept. do not take one bad apple from the rest of the bushel. all dept have some kinda bad or bruised apple. and all people stopped are not as innocent with their attitudes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brewster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton shuts down Donald Trump on Twit... Jun 14 Agents of Corruption 4
Old Wildwood Dude Ranch Brewster, NY on Millto... (Apr '10) Mar '16 Gail Granelli Quirin 27
Hazve you been a victim? (Mar '10) Aug '15 mexico 44
News Billionairea s mansion destroyed in Pawling (Mar '09) Jul '15 another friend 39
News Southeast Woman, 58, Faces Third DWI Charge (Jun '15) Jun '15 funnyflicka 2
News Hero Guide Dog Throws Self at Bus to Save Owner (Jun '15) Jun '15 brewster resident 9
Parking in Brewster (Sep '06) Jul '14 shelia 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brewster Mortgages