State trooper hurt by alleged drunk d...

State trooper hurt by alleged drunk driver on I-84

There are 22 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Jun 14, 2009, titled State trooper hurt by alleged drunk driver on I-84. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

A New York state trooper driving home from work Sunday suffered minor injuries when her personal car was struck by a man later charged with drunken driving on the Interstate 84 westbound exit ramp off Route 312, state police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sad1

New Fairfield, CT

#1 Jun 14, 2009
I am glad to hear that Trooper Pappas' injuries are minor. I couldn't bear hearing about another life lost to a drunk this week in Brewster.
TO the POLICE

Malvern, PA

#2 Jun 15, 2009
I left danbury hospital friday night and when i got on the highway there was a state trooper doin about
120 MPH down the highway no lights on not in pursuit wit anyone and that is ok just because they have a badge and a gun but really if someone would sit somewhere late at night and just watch how fast these cops drive around its crazy every one of them would have there badges pulled thanks thats all i got to say
disgusting

Southbury, CT

#3 Jun 15, 2009
They need a DUI check point on every street corner in Brewster.
Comrade X

Danbury, CT

#5 Jun 15, 2009
Citizen X wrote:
That is a great idea!! We will be able to target the illegals. They are always drunk in the afternoon.
Yes, I would gladly give up my rights as an American because you white trash hicks hate latinos!
Danbury71

Bethpage, NY

#6 Jun 15, 2009
Comrade X wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I would gladly give up my rights as an American because you white trash hicks hate latinos!
Where did anyone mention Latinos?
Sad1

New Fairfield, CT

#7 Jun 15, 2009
If this trooper you speak of was in CT..you should call the CT State Police Barracks in Southbury, CT and report it. If it was in NY , you should call their trooper barracks.
We must all be pro-active.
TO the POLICE wrote:
I left danbury hospital friday night and when i got on the highway there was a state trooper doin about
120 MPH down the highway no lights on not in pursuit wit anyone and that is ok just because they have a badge and a gun but really if someone would sit somewhere late at night and just watch how fast these cops drive around its crazy every one of them would have there badges pulled thanks thats all i got to say
Sad1

New Fairfield, CT

#8 Jun 15, 2009
Comrade X wrote:
<quoted text>
As an American citizen, I don't consider DWI stops a taking away of my rights. They are necessary in our culture of overindulgence.

“What?”

Since: Jan 08

New Milford

#9 Jun 15, 2009
Sad1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As an American citizen, I don't consider DWI stops a taking away of my rights. They are necessary in our culture of overindulgence.
In other words, since most of us can't be responsible for our own actions we should turn over all our freedoms to Big Brother? Well, congratulations! That's exactly what's happening, one small step at a time.

“What's up?”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#10 Jun 15, 2009
Sad1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would prefer to live in, maybe Syria?
Comrade X

Danbury, CT

#11 Jun 15, 2009
Sad1 wrote:
By your standards, the authorities should do spot checks at fast food drive-thru's.
Comrade X

Danbury, CT

#12 Jun 15, 2009
Danbury71 wrote:
Where did anyone mention Latinos?
Citizen X has. Repeatedly. Hence my mentioning of it.
Ambiguous Immigrant

United States

#13 Jun 15, 2009
Sad1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a fellow PERSON I think you're incorrect, and feel you'll never get your way on this one.
THEY CALL HIM NOG

United States

#15 Jun 15, 2009
Citizen X wrote:
<quoted text>
The white Equdorians and white Mexicans (the ones with the money and power) think their meztisos(mixed race latinos) are filthy,lazy and ignorant. They are elated that the U.S.A. is letting them come here by the millions. I think spot checks are an infringement on our constitutional rights also!!! However until spot checks are disallowed by a non corrupt federal judge,a byproduct of spot checks is the illegal animal roundup of these animals that **** our family members. There were many **** that spoke at the meeting we had at the Rodgers Park middle school two years ago. The meeting was about illegal aliens and the pain and crime the cause. Remember every year illegals **** 5500 of our people driving drunk. The only black that was not clapping their hands after every one spoke was Alfonce Robinson.
That's because he was too busy pcking the nits out of his fur.
Comrade X

Danbury, CT

#16 Jun 15, 2009
Citizen X wrote:
<quoted text>
The white Equdorians and white Mexicans (the ones with the money and power) think their meztisos(mixed race latinos) are filthy,lazy and ignorant. They are elated that the U.S.A. is letting them come here by the millions. I think spot checks are an infringement on our constitutional rights also!!! However until spot checks are disallowed by a non corrupt federal judge,a byproduct of spot checks is the illegal animal roundup of these animals that **** our family members. There were many **** that spoke at the meeting we had at the Rodgers Park middle school two years ago. The meeting was about illegal aliens and the pain and crime the cause. Remember every year illegals **** 5500 of our people driving drunk. The only black that was not clapping their hands after every one spoke was Alfonce Robinson.
I recognize your words as being my native language, and yet I still have no idea what they are supposed to mean.
Pete

Danbury, CT

#17 Jun 15, 2009
THEY CALL ME SELF LOATHING GAY MAN wrote:
That's because Big_T was too busy picking his head out of Al Bruhn's lap.
Great post, Bones! You should smack that b*tch Al for stealing your girl.
sad1

Brookfield, CT

#18 Jun 15, 2009
To all who disagree with me...it is your right to do so. Perhaps you would feel differently if it were your loss. I hope you never have to experience what Lori & Kayla's family has..and if you have, I am sorry for your loss.
I'm not looking to get my way about anything. I'm just stating my opinion. Isn't that what the comments section is for? Or is it just, as demonstrated by some of the posters, a place for people to get as nasty as they can with people they don't know?
God Bless Lori & Kayla.
Ambiguous Immigrant wrote:
<quoted text>
As a fellow PERSON I think you're incorrect, and feel you'll never get your way on this one.
poor poor proxy

United States

#21 Jun 15, 2009
Citizen X wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have to personally attack anyone that does not agree with your view. Refute what I state with your facts pertaining to illegal aliens and black culture -crime stats. Non white latinos create three times as much crime then white latinos. Why would anyone want more of them in our country????
Are you having a conversation with yourself? Are these facts... like "ok2h8primates" facts, as in chapter 30?
Shrinivo Notarajapilu

Hartford, CT

#23 Jun 15, 2009
Sad1 wrote:
If this trooper you speak of was in CT..you should call the CT State Police Barracks in Southbury, CT and report it. If it was in NY , you should call their trooper barracks.
<quoted text>
um...Good. Idea.

“What's up?”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#24 Jun 15, 2009
ih8spx wrote:
I love the smell of Hispanics too! Ahooobetty!
It's your prerogative!
NEW YORK

Grand Prairie, TX

#27 Jun 16, 2009
Citizen X wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a great idea!! We will be able to target the illegals. They are always drunk in the afternoon.
ONLY ILLEGALS ARE ALWAYS DRUNK IN THE AFTERNOON ..LETS GO BACK TO 2001..
car crash in which an off-duty police officer killed four members of a family, city officials said yesterday, On Aug. 4, 2001, Joseph Gray, the officer, struck and killed Maria Herrera, 24, who was eight and a half months pregnant; her sister Dilcia Peņa, 16; and Ms. Herrera's son Andrew, 4, while they were crossing a street in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Ms. Herrera's baby was delivered by Caesarean section and later died. Mr. Gray, who had been drinking before the accident, was convicted of manslaughter.
ONLY ILLEGALS ARE ALWAYS DRUNK IN THE AFTERNOON ..DO YOU REMEMBER THE POLICE OFFICER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brewster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Wildwood Dude Ranch Brewster, NY on Millto... (Apr '10) Mar 31 Gail Granelli Quirin 27
Clay Tiffany Being Evicted (Aug '10) Mar '16 sfgnskgjngskjkj 35
News Wanted Purdys man 'violently' resists arrest, t... (Jul '14) Feb '16 Tony 18
Looking to Move! Feb '16 mjb1985dot 1
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Jan '16 Manordelivery 1
Question About an Old Property -- Terry Hill Rd... (Sep '07) Jan '16 Carmelborn 3
Who believes May 21, this year is judgment day? (Mar '11) Dec '15 Julie 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brewster Mortgages