Cops: No charges in Purdys pedestrian's death

There are 2 comments on the The Journal News story from Feb 18, 2013, titled Cops: No charges in Purdys pedestrian's death. In it, The Journal News reports that:

No charges are expected against the 88-year-old driver who struck and killed a Purdys man who was walking along Route 22 on Friday, state police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Journal News.

janet geller

Yonkers, NY

#1 Feb 19, 2013
although this was a freak accident ,and the 88 year old driver is devastated, so i i am told, as well as hearing how he was a retired firefighter and always saved lives, this was my loving, baby brother he killed whom i was so very close with... and for now, i cannot understand why???? maybe down the road, but now i feel that people over a certain age should be check for reflexes, eyes, ect ect.... this was broad daylight????all i can think of is, our dad died in the street at 46 years old jogging, and at the time my brother was 11 years old, and now, my brother at 47, his son 14?????? i am mortified! words cannot explain...so sorry , just had to relieve myself, by writing this post, although he was left off of any charges... mayube one day the driving laws will change????
janet geller

Yonkers, NY

#2 Mar 7, 2013
20 some odd cars passed by without killing my brother, and 1 88 year old man hits and kills him..?????this is clearly an age issue!! please let us get the laws passed to fully check out anyone over the age of 70 moving foward yearly!! i am working on it! over the years , bikers, walkers, always are on that stretch of road, never killed, either have maybe the roadways widened so it is a bit safer?????? or get the elderly and careless youngsters off!!! will never get over this!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brewster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clay Tiffany Being Evicted (Aug '10) Thu becky hanke 30
Debate: Marijuana - Carmel, NY (Aug '10) May 6 mg 3
Old Wildwood Dude Ranch Brewster, NY on Millto... (Apr '10) Apr '15 Cindy Corna Beach 24
Hazve you been a victim? (Mar '10) Feb '15 Navas Victim 33
Parking in Brewster (Sep '06) Jul '14 shelia 17
News Muslim Taxi Driver Stabbed: Passenger Michael E... (Aug '10) May '14 Barri 41
News Trainer rape jury seeks 'reasonable doubt' defi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 brewsterfun 1
More from around the web

Brewster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]