Girl, mom killed in Brewster crash

Girl, mom killed in Brewster crash

There are 7 comments on the The Journal News story from Jun 9, 2009, titled Girl, mom killed in Brewster crash. In it, The Journal News reports that:

A drunken driver struck and killed a mother and her young daughter as they were walking to the child's dance class yesterday, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Journal News.

WalterFrank

Corry, PA

#1 Jun 9, 2009
These two were relatives of a freind of mine here in Ohio. I feel so sad. When th ehell ar ethey going to start doing something with these illegal aliens? I am tired of supporting these jerks. Now, what will happen? Will he be tried here or sent back to Mexico only to sneak over again and possibly repeat this? Wake Up America and get these people like Pelosi out of office before we are over run and supporting these illegal wetbacks.
valerie

Milford, CT

#2 Jun 9, 2009
Alcoholism and drinking/driving is not prohibited to one culture or ethnicity. There are plenty of Americans that choose to drink and drive and cause the loss of others lives as well as their own, but it is sad that we also have illegal aliens adding to the number. Kudos goes to the guy that held the loser that bulldozed these two innocent people until the cop arrived on the scene. Otherwise, he would have been long gone and not pay for his sickening crime. As long as there is alcohol on this planet, we will have tragic stories such as this one. Perhaps the anger should be held for the industry itelf, or the bar that served him, or the "friends" that didn't stop him from driving in the first place.
robby

United States

#3 Jun 9, 2009
The pathetic, nitwit liberals running Brewster now have blood on their hands. Now maybe the do-gooders will wake up & clean up the town. If this illegal alien was back in Guatemala we would have avoided this horrible tragedy!!!!
BGA

Brewster, NY

#4 Jun 9, 2009
All I know is that this is very sad. A beautiful family has been separated. A husband is now without his wife, a brother without his sister.
I understand what you are saying Valerie, that there is drunk drivers all over. However this is the second incident in Putnam County that has involved an illegal alien with no auto insurance, no legal drivers license, no legal registration to the car, etc. etc. The list goes on.
Most of the residents in Putnam County know all the illegal aliens have cars registered from CT(their license plates say CT even though they live in Brewster, their drivers licenses say CT, etc). I was even told that there is a store front in Danbury that helps the illegals get their plates, registrations, licenses, etc.
We should band together and have them all deported as they are not only taking our jobs, but food from our childrens mouths (food stamps), medical needs from our families (free health care) and living here better then many Americans that were born and raised here. Our ancestors came here legally, through the right process - why in God's good name are these people allowed to just walk right in and take over. They don't even have to learn our language. If we were to go to their countries we would have to speak their languages and abide by their countries rules. Don't you feel something is wrong with that!?
I am all for freedom, having an open door policy but do it LEGALLY! Live like the rest of the AMERICAN people have to live...Pay your taxes, pay for your own food, pay for your own medical expenses, pay into your childs education (school taxes), save up for your own retirement. Also have legally registered vehicles so that if an incident like this happens your insurance company can help the family of the decease pay for the funeral costs, the childs education,etc.
All I know is that this is the second family that has lost loved ones by illegal drunk drivers. Let's put a stop to this.
God bless these families!
BREWSTER RESIDENT GT

Brewster, NY

#5 Jun 9, 2009
AN A ILLEGAL ALIEN HAS RUINED A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. BUT ALCOHOL IS THE MAIN CAUSE NOT THE MANS NATIONALITY HE SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH TWO COUNTS OF SECOND DEGREE MURDER ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER CHARGES. NOT SHIPPED BACK TO HIS COUNTRY. TO SNEAK BACK IN. WE NEED TO RID THE VILLAGE OF ALL THESE ILLEGALS.WE PAY TAXES FOR THEM TO GET EVERYTHING FOR FREE INCLUDING THEIR KIDS GOING TO SCHOOL . WE ALSO SHOULD GO AFTER THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THE HOUSES THEY LIVE IN .LET THE POLICE DO THIER JOB AND SHIP THESE PEOPLE BACK TO WHERE THEY BELONG. BUT MOST OF ALL LET THE TWO PEOPLE REST IN PEACE.
dmr carmel ny

Katonah, NY

#6 Jun 10, 2009
I agree whole heartedly. Enough is enough with illegal immigration. When are our politicians going to wake up and realize that this influx of illegal immigration is killing this country. As if being illegal is not enough, they continue to break laws in this country and hide behind civil rights. Not to mention taking our jobs, not paying taxes, having to support the children that are born and or brought in to this country illegally. Its sad that the only time that the topic of illegal immigration is brought up is through tragedy. After someone is murdered, assaulted, or molested. What makes matters worse is when counties or states spend millions of "tax payers" dollars to build centers for these illegal immigrants to get work! I think its time to start the deportation process of the millions of illegal aliens. Then we can watch our job market open. We will have more tax dollars (billions) if these jobs were given to legal residents.Its time to take our country back and enforce immigration laws. Laws that my ancestors respected and abided by. They were very greatful for the "privelage" of becomming an American and even struggled through the Great Depression. There were no free rides. I only hope that one day soon we can clean up Putnam County and free it of illegal alliens and the slum lords that rent to them. Please lets wake up before another family has to face a tragedy like this. My thoughts and prayers go out to this family.
BGA wrote:
All I know is that this is very sad. A beautiful family has been separated. A husband is now without his wife, a brother without his sister.
I understand what you are saying Valerie, that there is drunk drivers all over. However this is the second incident in Putnam County that has involved an illegal alien with no auto insurance, no legal drivers license, no legal registration to the car, etc. etc. The list goes on.
Most of the residents in Putnam County know all the illegal aliens have cars registered from CT(their license plates say CT even though they live in Brewster, their drivers licenses say CT, etc). I was even told that there is a store front in Danbury that helps the illegals get their plates, registrations, licenses, etc.
We should band together and have them all deported as they are not only taking our jobs, but food from our childrens mouths (food stamps), medical needs from our families (free health care) and living here better then many Americans that were born and raised here. Our ancestors came here legally, through the right process - why in God's good name are these people allowed to just walk right in and take over. They don't even have to learn our language. If we were to go to their countries we would have to speak their languages and abide by their countries rules. Don't you feel something is wrong with that!?
I am all for freedom, having an open door policy but do it LEGALLY! Live like the rest of the AMERICAN people have to live...Pay your taxes, pay for your own food, pay for your own medical expenses, pay into your childs education (school taxes), save up for your own retirement. Also have legally registered vehicles so that if an incident like this happens your insurance company can help the family of the decease pay for the funeral costs, the childs education,etc.
All I know is that this is the second family that has lost loved ones by illegal drunk drivers. Let's put a stop to this.
God bless these families!
BREWSTER

Belleville, NJ

#7 Jun 17, 2009
“Pinning the little girl against the building and her mother beneath the truck”
The sad truth its our fault! We hire these people illegally to save a buck and this is the price.
They have no respect for the LAW why should they, they don’t even pay taxes.
Stop hiring Illegal immigrants!
In less then 20 years we will all be speaking Spanish.
As for Zacariah Conses-Garcia
(the coward who try to run from the seen), I hope U.S. justice gives him a punishment well deserve.
And to the family my deepest condolences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brewster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Garrison Garage owner found murdered (Jan '09) Tue Community Disorga... 33
News Fifth Annual Messiah Sing-Along on 12/4 in Bria... Feb 3 Anonymous 3
News Lake Carmel, N.Y. officials: Woman used sledgeh... (Mar '08) Jan 24 Melissa 56
News Jared Kushner to be named Trump senior adviser:... Jan '17 Wholly Silicon Wafer 31
News Brewster Teen Accused Of Having Sex With Girl, ... Jan '17 PolakPotrafi 4
Clay Tiffany Being Evicted (Aug '10) Jan '17 Moe 40
News Troopers: Drunk Driver on I-684 Travels at 100 MPH (Oct '13) Oct '16 driver 2

Brewster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brewster Mortgages