Girl killed in Brewster accident

Girl killed in Brewster accident

There are 52 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Girl killed in Brewster accident. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

A young girl walking on Main Street was hit and killed by a car Monday evening near Seven Star School of Performing Arts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“What's up?”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 8, 2009
Wrong, NT!
You should have waited until you have the facts.
WestchesterNativ e

United States

#2 Jun 8, 2009
They just mentioned this on Eyewitness News and they didn't release much info and neither did Lohud....I have a friend that takes her daughter there...if it was a NY resident then it wasn't them (and I pray it wasn't!)but this is sad.
Horrified

Brewster, NY

#3 Jun 8, 2009
The real story is that a young girl (about 7 years old) and her mother were tragically killed by a drunken latino driving a white pickup truck with Florida plates. He failed to make the left turn onto rte 6/22 and drove into a parking lot which housed the dance studio. The young girl and her mother were walking in this parking lot and he ran over the mother and pinned the girl to the building. Tragic! Wouldn't it be nice to have a newspaper in Danbury that actually did some real reporting? What a rag. My prayers are with this poor Husband/Father that was coaching at a nearby field and fled to the scene. God Bless You!
Brit

Brewster, NY

#4 Jun 8, 2009
This story is so outdated and wrong at such a late time. The Journal News has the accurate story on its website.
ladyfromBrewster

Patterson, NY

#5 Jun 9, 2009
My condolences to the family on their tragic and senseless losses.
danbury

Bethlehem, CT

#6 Jun 9, 2009
Danbury should but some shit that is really happends in danbury. this town need to do real reporting.
Anonymous

Newtown, CT

#7 Jun 9, 2009
Once again, the NewsTimes delivers a terrible and inaccurate report. God bless the Donohue family.
ACORN

AOL

#9 Jun 9, 2009
Don't expect any real reporting from the Danb. News Times. It ain't gonna happen. Then when you think of it, why should we get real reporting in Danbury when you can't get it anywhere in the States?
Ratboy

New York, NY

#10 Jun 9, 2009
Great job New slime another story botched up. I am waiting for one to read man run over by herd of ants that tracked him with the use of gps on their lexus.
Opinion Editor

AOL

#11 Jun 9, 2009
Ratboy wrote:
Great job New slime another story botched up. I am waiting for one to read man run over by herd of ants that tracked him with the use of gps on their lexus.
You will probably read about the ant attack before you read about "Illegal Immigrants Causing too Many Accidents".
Nothing New

Cambridge, MA

#13 Jun 9, 2009
Both the girl AND the mother were kil-led by this drunken illegal alien. Zacariah Conses-Garcia, 35, is also being detained by ICE. The girl was in the second grade.

This invader is doing what they do best....invading America, driving drunk and kil-ling people.

Had enough yet, America.

Here's the FULL story:

http://www.lohud.com/article/2009906090368
Danbury

Essex, MA

#15 Jun 9, 2009
From the link posted above:

BREWSTER - A drunken driver struck and killed a mother and her young daughter as they were walking to the child's dance class yesterday, authorities said.

Kayla Donohue, a second-grader at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Southeast, was pronounced dead at the scene about 6:45 p.m., Brewster fire officials said.

Her mother, Lori Donohue, was taken by Brewster ambulance to Putnam Hospital Center and then by helicopter to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, where she reportedly died later in the evening.

A white Ford F-350 pickup truck apparently failed to make the left-hand turn onto routes 6 and 22 from Main Street in the village and drove into the parking lot next to Seven Stars School of Performing Arts, pinning the little girl against the building and her mother beneath the truck.

The pickup's driver was taken into custody and arraigned early this morning on a felony charge of first-degree vehicluar manslaughter. The suspect was identified this morning by a Putnam County corrections official as Zacariah Conses-Garcia, 35. His address was not immediately available. Conses-Garcia was being held on $150,000 bail.

The federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement department has also filed a detainer against the suspect as an illegal immigrant, the Putnam County corrections department said. Further details were not available.
GO SPEED RACIST

Danbury, CT

#17 Jun 9, 2009
Nothing Intelligent wrote:
This invader is doing what they do best....invading America, driving drunk and kil-ling people.
Had enough yet, America.
Brewster was such a nicer town when it was filled with drunken white trash.
You must have been DELIGHTED when you heard about this dead girl. Congrats!
Hugh Manatee

East Hampton, CT

#18 Jun 9, 2009
So let me get this straight, according to Citizen X, the Democrats plied this man with alcohol and handed him his keys and told him to swing wide at the light? Not buying it, sorry.

It becomes an immigration issue when insurance and retribution come into play and there is no compensation available to victims when an unlicensed/uninsured driver is at fault, but the article from Brewster (not the Danbury one, which tells nothing) cites him as the driver, not necessarily the owner of the vehicle (I.E. the insured).

Alcohol ruins lives all over the world. This is a human tragedy, not an immigration issue. Whether someone drives drunk in the USA, Columbia, Brazil, Denmark, Zambia or China, the cost of human life is the same. If he wasn't here, he would have harmed someone elsewhere.The worth of a human life is not determined by American citizenship.
POOR POOR PROXY

Houston, TX

#21 Jun 9, 2009
Resident Moron aka PROXY SERVER RACIST wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who it is. It's the white-hating resident moron doing what he does best....defending the criminal acts of illegal aliens.
Your schtick is as stale as the crust in your underwear.
Crawl back under your rock...everyone mocks you.
We all mock you, racist. New IP location, "SEMPERMOM"???
POOR POOR PROXY

Houston, TX

#22 Jun 9, 2009
immigrants are ANIMALS wrote:
Secure the border.
Enforce segregation laws.
E-Verify all sp'ics.
But you love animals, sweetheart.
Puff n Grunt

Marion, CT

#24 Jun 9, 2009
Another sad case of illegals doing something Americans won't do.
Shelia Abrams

Mine Hill, NJ

#26 Jun 9, 2009
My heart is with this Family and there Friends, you are in my prayers.
Hillary Clinton

AOL

#27 Jun 9, 2009
I think someone from the News Slimes is judging these posts.
alex

Danbury, CT

#29 Jun 9, 2009
ox n detox wrote:
Another sad case of illegals doing something Americans won't do.
Do you mean offer their condolences, Danny?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brewster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Robert Durst, the epitome of the macabre: dispatch (Mar '15) Apr 1 Parched 2
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Mahopac Mar 28 VictorOrians 1
Stop Prosectors Abuse Mar 25 Nancy Guttenberg 1
News Loading them Up (Mar '07) Mar '17 Donald J Wump 90
News Registered Violent Sex Offender Who Worked in N... Mar '17 333stenbrian 1
News Garrison Garage owner found murdered (Jan '09) Feb '17 Community Disorga... 33
News Fifth Annual Messiah Sing-Along on 12/4 in Bria... Feb '17 Anonymous 3

Brewster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brewster Mortgages