2010 August 07

Aug 7, 2010 Full story: MPA Online

The Bangor Daily News earned top honors in four categories in the New England Associated Press News Executives Association contest, according to Editor-in-Chief Michael J. Dowd.

Full Story
Jericho John

Thorndike, ME

#1 Aug 8, 2010
In my opinion the BDN needs to do something new and creative to stay afloat. You may win some honors but without readers, your, gone. I miss the local human interest stories. What about development in Hampden and out of control politics and theft in Newburgh? When does Lowes open up, what about Red Robin and Crackerbarrel. You need to revamp and look through the eyes of the local reader and what is important to us. Local stuff, even in sports, no coverage of boxing, wrestling, horse events. I would think, the more local news, the more readers. I see the newspaper going with the landline phones unless you bring out your mojo and give us what CNN, Fox and the internet can't

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brewer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sleeping prophet (Jun '12) Jan 26 sqiggy 22
Jim Driscoll Acton Maine baseball career Jan 21 Maine UMO 1
Maine Prepper (Jul '14) Jan 16 zombiesRcumming 4
Landlords to Avoid in Bangor Maine (Apr '13) Jan 9 Dave 16
sexting Jan 5 youngpussypleaser 1
bbw Jan 5 youngpussypleaser 2
UMaine Orono sucks (Nov '11) Dec '14 Tom Sawyer 27

Winter Storm Warning for Penobscot County was issued at January 30 at 3:18PM EST

Brewer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brewer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:37 pm PST