Ofelia's opens its thrift store in Hampden

There are 2 comments on the Bangor Daily News story from May 5, 2008, titled Ofelia's opens its thrift store in Hampden. In it, Bangor Daily News reports that:

“Ofelia's is more of a movement. It means a lot to people.”

After moving five times in one year, Ofelia's Community Resource Center reopened its thrift shop Saturday at 586 Main Road North, a location the director hopes will become the store's permanent home. via Bangor Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bangor Daily News.

Yolanda Ramos

Tucson, AZ

#1 May 10, 2008
My dad Sergio has done such a wonderful job staying strong through everything that has happened this year. I am very proud of him and of all the good that Ofelia's has done for the community. I love him and i miss Maine. I hope this location will be their permanent one.
Bertie of LaGrange

Biddeford, ME

#2 May 12, 2008
We are all glad that Ofelia's opnce again has a store that is accessible to the public even though it is on the opposite side of Bangor and farther than my neighbors and I will be able to shop at. I trust the communities near will take full advantage of the volunteerism and generous nature of those in this organization.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brewer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bangor Maine Sucks (Nov '11) 16 hr Phillykid 312
UMaine Orono sucks (Nov '11) Apr 29 UMaine Emotional ... 28
News Revenue sharing uncertainty clouds debate on lo... Apr 26 sandman21 1
Why are people from New England so high mainten... (Jul '12) Apr 24 hillbilly 18
obnoxious relatives Apr 24 caregiver 1
What city in Maine is the best city to live in? Apr 20 Meeko2005 1
News OUI checkpoint in downtown Bangor nets 3 arrests (Jul '14) Apr 13 Henu 3
More from around the web

Brewer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]