Home heating crisis in Maine now 'des...

Home heating crisis in Maine now 'desperate'

There are 22 comments on the Bangor Daily News story from Dec 8, 2007, titled Home heating crisis in Maine now 'desperate'. In it, Bangor Daily News reports that:

“A majority of people I see are in an emergency situation. They are out of oil when they call”

Toys for Tots? How about Oil for Tots? Many, if not most, of the state's neediest families are now in crisis when it comes to finding a way to pay for home heating oil, and assistance agencies are running so ... via Bangor Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bangor Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Maine Mommy

Keene, NH

#22 Jun 22, 2008
Desi wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a better idea, how about birth control until you can afford to provide for any children you might have and not depend on the state or federal goverment for a handout !
I'm not on any assistance, but it's really easy to say "don't have kids if you can't afford to provide for them" when you don't live in a cold climate. Nobody knew how expensive oil would get years ago. When we got pregnant with the twins oil was less than 2 dollars a gallon.:-( We WILL be Ok, but so many others won't.
DJJ

Baytown, TX

#23 Jun 23, 2008
Think drilling off the eastcoast might help. Thank your elected representatives. I say pay the piper !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brewer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bangor Maine OBGYN recommendations? (Sep '14) Aug 30 TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 2
Eastern Maine Medical Center is garbage Aug 8 EMMC Fails 1
Maine Shooting Spree of the Terminator on Way t... Aug 4 Nick Gibson 2
Douche named Hippie Jul '15 Liar Warning 1
Ventolin inhaler sucks (Apr '12) Jul '15 Norma 3
News Wardens: Bald eagle dies after grabbing lamprey... Jul '15 Nobody Important 1
obnoxious relatives Jul '15 Doodoo 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brewer Mortgages