Post a Comment

There are 19 comments on the Oct 12, 2009, The Daily News Journal story titled Post a Comment. In it, The Daily News Journal reports that:

When an injured Iraqi detainee turned to Col. David Lennon and said "thank you" for the medical treatment he was providing, he knew that - regardless of anyone's opinion of the war in Iraq - he was doing the right thing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily News Journal.

citizenx

Dyersburg, TN

#1 Oct 15, 2009
there was a meth lab raided on ayers st monday night.the wife was arrested and out of jail before the ink dried and the husband never got arrested.it dident make the news and they walked away.is it just me or is there something wrong with this town.we all need to start complaining and get something done

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2009
the forest st bust is already back at it again too.

Since: May 09

Henderson, TN

#3 Oct 23, 2009
what judge and da let them go? typical of da and judges these days.
citizens I have been complaining for over 20 years, for so many to claim to be christians seem they stand with unjust more than just. believe me if a man in power murdered and molested a child this damn sorry little one horse town if he had done favors for drug pushers and criminals they would cover up for him. you can listen to party line on radio and see different attitutudes toward some of the most deceveing people in dyer county that get respect, while a low key attitude for others. these are not good people in fact if jesus came back in flesh they would ridicule him, and crusify him again. I thank god he says he will spue him out of his mouth, and say I never knew you, stand with the unjust be judged with the corrupt and unjust.some sing songs of knowing god they don't know him, they may as well be on stage for satan.
I have complained and have been treated less than a citizen of this country,
if you want to get a petition going I will sign it.
Beth

Union City, TN

#4 Oct 23, 2009
stormyweather wrote:
what judge and da let them go? typical of da and judges these days.
citizens I have been complaining for over 20 years, for so many to claim to be christians seem they stand with unjust more than just. believe me if a man in power murdered and molested a child this damn sorry little one horse town if he had done favors for drug pushers and criminals they would cover up for him. you can listen to party line on radio and see different attitutudes toward some of the most deceveing people in dyer county that get respect, while a low key attitude for others. these are not good people in fact if jesus came back in flesh they would ridicule him, and crusify him again. I thank god he says he will spue him out of his mouth, and say I never knew you, stand with the unjust be judged with the corrupt and unjust.some sing songs of knowing god they don't know him, they may as well be on stage for satan.
I have complained and have been treated less than a citizen of this country,
if you want to get a petition going I will sign it.
They could know someone. You know that is how it works here. Buddy system. Complaining will do NOTHING. It is set in stone.
A petition? What difference would it make? Do you really think the people that run this county will or will have to give up any position. It goes all the way to the top.
Stormy W. is right. And if you do complain you are more blacklisted than helped.
Guess you have to accept it or move somewhere else.

Henderson, TN

#5 Oct 23, 2009
I am not moving any where. I said I would fight until my last breath was gone . they know what they done to me, every damn one of them . that is why tom hunt haqs an attitude with some people and kisses and brown noses others on party line wtro. they wouldn't let me tell years ago what happened , steve guttery let me knoe long distance when i called , that he thought of me when judge lanier was arrested but they couldn't let me tell my story of the place and every person in power covered up with that I was crazy, not the truth of how these sob covered for attempted murder because tony mccann and george ramsey and bev and more got everyone in power to cover from police chiefs to sheriffs. willard was of george ramsey, I know but whether it was a put on or not he finally saw what they were doing to me and arresting me falsely , but finally told them of a last arrest to take handcuffs off of me and let me go, but I know that had to be covered up for what was done to me while incarcerated. it a damn shame what your so called christian make fun of, no better than the women in cell that made fun of me reading the bible while incarcerated and more. how can I forgive when not one has told the truth and admitted. everyone of them deserve prison for false arrest and lies told after me being tortured and beat . I am going to protest again before long again the county mayor and i am sure your mayor has heard . police bobby williams should be in prison as more in the court house and the book that was wrote , power to hurt that truth was distorted about how people were rewarded for covering up and partisipation in corruption. the fbi needs to come back in and arrest those that have been involved , even to ramsey covering attempted murder on my life at the hospital, and home he and his sorry family knew. the shame is not on me the shame is what they did to my daughter and my grandchildren. steve stafford deserves life for his not caring for children adopted out to sorry people. ramsey a hero of this county , his children involved in street drugs and he had marajuana growing out side of his door and laughing displaying that he was above the laws . that is sorry not a man to name a building after.much worse was joe riley that said my complaints went no further than him, and that it was funny . your state is run thugs not good people . they cover up crimes of innocent people. the only way is to say they are crazy and it never happened if they say it happened where is my justice for all to see.

Henderson, TN

#6 Oct 23, 2009
the legal aid office needs to be shut down in dyer county. they say they don't have funds to represent people. then why in hell are they still going and getting paid by government to represent people to even guide them in suits where they cannot afford an attorney? legal aid should be shut down and I am going to push it if I can. they say they don't have funds to represent people in any suits or give help and advice. they get an attitude if you ask questions and god forbid if you give attitude back to them and ask what cases they do represent?
but they do give advice to their friends as one contractor said his best friend was beth a snob nosed woman that didn't like it when dale tried to help me, they all got mad because he showed caring to what what was happening to me. even the man over them in jackson needs to be closed his attitude is not good either. they give people an attitude, like they are above the laws, but the government pays them salary to give advice to the poor.

Henderson, TN

#7 Oct 23, 2009
you can teach your children to stay away from drugs and alcohol, people don't like it , they will get to your kids in school or another way. sometimes one parent doesn't care tony was to busy with w--- and orgies and men at work wanting him to drink and gamble like haywood thompson and more at republic builders than be home where he was needed . I went to a window and saw the men after work with bottles and beer on tables gambling . he was wanting to be with a w---, that was into orgies, more than he wanted to guide our children. he wanted me dead to have it. I was the one that could expose ramsey and the rest in lies and cover up. thank god for the gun I bought it saved my life for sure. who is the man tony is going to be buried beside? I hope he is very in hell with them. he can take more with him and bev too. what makes some people like dogs ? both sexes. same sex, bi sex, they need to wear a sign on their backs, I sure wouldn't have married him . he should have married margaret ass hole of a leech that she was. he said she was a w---, she would have proboly got into orgies with him . like he almost killed me for to be with cindy lou. her mother is sorry too!
anon

Union City, TN

#8 Oct 23, 2009
Stormy you are rambling again. BUT there is something I was thinking while reading your posts.
And I am dead serious and not trying to be an a. hole here. But have you ever thought of writing a book? Or contacting someone in Hollywood for a movie? IT WOULD BE A GOOD UN! ha
Then, like Bufford Pusser you would disappear. oh I mean he had a wreck didn't he?
Get yourself a catchy name and run with it!

I get a percentage tho right?
anon

Union City, TN

#9 Oct 23, 2009
Justice. Southern Style.
Sarge

Rock Island, IL

#10 Oct 23, 2009
Am I missing something. This story was about Col.Lennon, who served as part of Medical Support Services in the 168th Military Police Battalion. Why the f**K are you idiots posting this bullshit in this topic. Morons! This Country is full of card carrying morons!!!!!!!
Jessica

Nigeria

#11 Oct 23, 2009
Greetings in the name of Our Lord dear beloved friend
With all sincerity and humility, it is with deep pains I write you this message of wishful assistance to my predicament, I am Mrs. Jessica Williams, undergoing medical treatment in London, am 58 years old, I am deaf and suffering from a long time cancer of the breast which also affected my brain, from all indication my conditions is really deteriorating and it is quite obvious that, according to my doctors they have advised me that I may not live for the next two months, this is because the cancer stage has gotten to a very bad stage.
I was brought up from a motherless babies home was married to my late husband for twenty years without a child, who died in a fatal motor accident before his death we were true Christians.
Since his death I decided not to re-marry, I sold all my inherited belongings and deposited all the sum of $7.5million dollars with a reputable bank. Presently, this money is still in the bank and the management just wrote me as the true owner to come forward to receive the money for keeping it so long or rather issue a letter of authorization to somebody to receive it on my behalf since I can not come over because of my illness or they get it confisticated.
Presently, I'm with my laptop in a hospital where I have been undergoing treatment for cancer of the lungs. I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I have only a few months to live.
It is my last wish to see that this money is invested to any organization of your choice and distributed each year among the charity organization, the poor and the motherless babies home where I come from. I want you God fearing, to also use this money to fund churches, orphanages and widows, I took this decision, before I rest in peace because my time will soon be up.
Lastly, my happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation. Whosoever that wants to serve the almighty must serve him with all his heart and in and soul and also in truth. Please always be prayerful all though you’re life. Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for an individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act according to my specification herein.
As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank, I will also issue you a letter of authorization that will prove you as the new beneficiary of my fund. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to hearing from you soon.
I wait for your reply
E-mail: jessica.williams80000@gmail.co m
yours in Christ
Mrs. Jessica Williams.
anon1

Union City, TN

#12 Oct 23, 2009
You want to leave your money to a childrens home?

Gleason, TN

#13 Oct 24, 2009
anon wrote:
Stormy you are rambling again. BUT there is something I was thinking while reading your posts.
And I am dead serious and not trying to be an a. hole here. But have you ever thought of writing a book? Or contacting someone in Hollywood for a movie? IT WOULD BE A GOOD UN! ha
Then, like Bufford Pusser you would disappear. oh I mean he had a wreck didn't he?
Get yourself a catchy name and run with it!
I get a percentage tho right?
JUSTICE SOUTHERN STYLE? I am from the south, further south than tennessee. if this is what you sob's call justice, and men think this is right to beat a woman as even Kelvin Rhodes did to me, a few years back, I was having a conference with my daughter, and a disbute of what she was doing . Kelvin said something , and I looked at him and said who are you? he said a friend of cindy's, I said you don't know much. and turned my back to face my daughter, the sob , over 200 lbs , hit me in the back of my head, and beat me to the ground, broke my glasses I had on, I didn't fight, I didn't have a chance. I called the police in newbern, the officer did nothing except to give a report on the assault. it was apparant I had been beat. no arrest was made due to his families influence. JIMMY LANIER , with the da, did not prosecute, all he got was that he had to pay for my glasses broken repair , not replace, it was the last pair of prescription glasses I could afford. jimmy lanier just like his uncle saw nothing wrong with a woman being beat, as his families history of men even kicking w---- that the men were involved with in their butts even in the court house. the police chief, when I asked to see report after court, yelled at me and said if I didn't get out of city hall building he would put me in jail. nice sob men that run dyer county. but I found out so are most of your christian men just like them , a woman should be seen and not heard right, especially when they are from another state and stand up for theirselves. this is what dyer county justice is? men who condone women being beat and evn killed and cover up truth. they are pussy's as the marines call them. I have found out that some are perverts in law , cross dressers and because they have homo sexual tendencies that think is right to use brutal strength against a woman not fighting.

Gleason, TN

#14 Oct 24, 2009
anon1 wrote:
You want to leave your money to a childrens home?
are you stupid or what? the person that posted that post is a hoax. people get this crap all the time through mail and e mail. where is your damn mind that you don't know about these scams? most come from out of america. a lot from countries like india and africa, and middle east from what I have found out, not to rule out scum scams in this country. don't ridicule me and say I am crazy when you are blinded to these kind of scams posted above. stupid!

Gleason, TN

#15 Oct 24, 2009
sheriff joe mcdowell was one of the worse involved , his investigators charles bane, jack helton, and deputies all covered up what george ramsey and tony and cindy their families did. weeks went by not knowing where my daughter was that I still at the time had custody, sorry low down scum in newbern and dyersburg knew and said nothing , while my heart was breaking and being arrested on false charges.
I went to joey mcdowell over children at the time he did nothing to help get my child back. another trait of his dad and followed in his lieing and corrupt ways and covered up for sob, just like him.
it might be dyer county, way of justice but if they don't want to obey the laws of the united states of america , they need to volenteer to withdraw from this country that promises truth and justice for all. which i never got.
your sorry preachers in this county also covered up and caredless of women getting beat and tortured and almost killed , drugged also.
I found out , people here teach their children to do evil and lie about their evil ways to come across as angels but are snakes and wolves and more as jesus called them. if anyone deserves to see justice I do. but more than that.
I apologised to my children , I had no idea teaching them truth always wins. in dyer county it's those that are evil and lie and wh---with people in power that are rewarded. I guess my mother lied to me too, as the teachers that taught in schools told us to tell the truth. this is dyer county justice for sure, and all the names jesus called people dyer county people are. you deserve all the vengence of God to be poured out for what you do and where you stand. nothing I went through in my childhood compares to what I have seen in this county. but also in your state and it's leadership. people need to know about tennessee law and how they treat people out of state. I was naive as a teenager coming here, years ago for sure, I hate what this place has done to me and you got to my children with drugs and taught them your ways , as I told one attorney , I taught my child to tell the truth, as my son had done wrong to someone, the law knew there was no way he could have lifted a moter by his self, the other ones involved got by with the crime, all it took was me asking him did you do it, he said yes mam , I said the price for what you did, the sorry scum attorney came up and said I can get you out of it, i called the attorney what he was and said my son said he did it, you destroy everything good I taught my child in one minute telling him crime pays. dyer county way. I called him a sob. the other boys got off, my son payed the price . himself for the crime . the other boys since my son payed for their crime in it, didn't want anything to do with my son anymore, their parents taught them to lie and cheat. but that is the way the mccann family and other families here do I found out, to call theirselves good people and sit in churches saying look how good we are, when they are truly an abomination to god and what he teaches they are the opposite. evil laughs at what they get by with. but one day their evil ways god deals with.

Gleason, TN

#16 Oct 24, 2009
Sarge wrote:
Am I missing something. This story was about Col.Lennon, who served as part of Medical Support Services in the 168th Military Police Battalion. Why the f**K are you idiots posting this bullshit in this topic. Morons! This Country is full of card carrying morons!!!!!!!
I truly am sorry , my respect for Col. Lennon, but sometimes battles come in as any military person knows, as an american , I have been in a battle for years with what men have fought and dies for my freedom, I truly am sorry, but this fight goes on until my death.
I will not post in this post again. as I do respect honorable men who served this country.
I hope Col Lennon accepts my apology. some times battles do get out of control.
not to you but the one that started the post for the col. but your vulgarity needs to be toned down too moron!
if you want to use vulgarity , I can assure you , I can use your language too better than you, if that is the language you understand. as the honorable general patton once said, in question , do you pray to God, general patton responded , " yes, every damn day" knowing fighting the enemy is like fighting hell.
A Thought

Converse, TX

#17 Oct 24, 2009
Crazy old bitch is still rambling.
anon1

Union City, TN

#18 Oct 24, 2009
WEll MS high and mighty thanks for the info.
Now I have something to say. I do think EVERYONE is tired of your bull shit. We know your whole life and guess what...NO BODY CARES!
Can't someone shut this crazy person up?
I have a right to speak also. You seem to think you own these forums. You have the most on these forums and bash and bash. Who the hell do you think you are lady? Get a life or a job.
NOW, STUPID gonna tell us who else has beat you and done you wrong? How the county treated you. YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE? No and no one else gets on here like you do and rambles and rambles. WE DON'T CARE!

At first I felt sorry for you. Now, I am convinced you need help!

Since: Oct 09

Nigeria

#19 Oct 24, 2009
please you really want to help send me your full detals so that i will contact my bank for transfer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly G 16 min man in black 129
Prisoner Transportation Services LLC is a Disgrace (Aug '09) 16 min epowell 329
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 30 min Chatterman 2,242
anyone remember kelly j lawson 17 hr looking good 4
blues 17 hr rage 1
back in black 17 hr CHARLIE'S ANGEL 63
News Muslims made unwelcome as times toughen (Oct '10) 21 hr Republican 96
More from around the web

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE